1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Carole
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am picking up my new MINI tomorrow after lunch. It is a 2010 MINI Copper Hardtop. I got a great price on it as the 2011's are coming in next week or the week after. It's fully loaded with both the Cold Package and Premium Package. The Premium one is the one I was most interested in.

My Mom was English so I'm having the Union Jack side scuttles put on in honor of her, and also getting the white stripes on the bonnet

I was in a horrific car accident last week which totaled my beautiful red Saturn SC2. So there is still a part of me that is very sad about her demise. I am trying very hard to get super excited for tomorrow. I'm sure I will when I see my new baby.

I've always named my cars, so now I have to find a name for my new MINI

Carole

Old 09-16-2010, 04:36 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Carole!

Sorry to hear about your car accident, but glad you are okay! I'm sure you will fall in love with your new MINI as soon as you take your first drive.

Be sure to post pics after you take her home!

Old 09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure that the New MINI is going to make it easier to forget your accideny, good luck!

Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
jtbrown
3rd Gear
First off, glad to hear you came out of your accident in one piece - no matter the car, the driver's well being is worth a whole lot more.

Second, welcome to the NAMily... it's one of the best online communities I've run across.

Lastly, your new MINI will quickly make you forget about your Saturn... trust me.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome...congrats too

Old 09-17-2010, 06:40 AM
noah
Neutral
Hi Carole,
I'm a new member as well. When I read about your accident, I couldn't help but respond. I too was involved in a pretty serious accident last November that landed me in the hospital for five days. It happened early one Friday morning on my way to work. Some guy in a full sized work van decided he was going to run a red light that morning. I don't recall much about that morning except kissing my wife goodby as I ran out the door. Next thing I recall was an ambulance ride to the trauma center. Needless to say, my 2005 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S was totalled in the accident. My wife and friends attribute my injuries to my mini. I say the safety features saved my life. Needless to say, my wife and kids weren't comfortable with me purchasing another mini cause they were afraid to ride in it, so we ended up with a used Mercedes Benz. It's a great car, don't get me wrong, but it's not a mini and I just didn't get the thrill and excitment that I did driving my little red rocket. Anyway, it wasn't till my daughter got her drivers liscense that I was able to convince my wife we/I needed another vehicle. So about two weeks ago I purchased a 2005 Mini S Convertable, hyper blue metallic. Driving a mini was fun before, but now it's like ten times more fun. I just love it and couldn't be happier. Life is slowly beginning to return to normal. Anyway, you're going to love your new mini and I wish you a lifetime of happy, safe motoring. Congratulations and enjoy.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
miniausbuoy
Neutral
Hey Carole,
I am a new member too, and have a 1980 'classic' John Cooper edition that just arrived in Den. Let me know if for some reason you don't get your new car as I have mine sitting at Centennial and I won't be there to drive it this weekend.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Carole
1st Gear
Thanks so much for the lovely welcome, everyone.

On Wednesday, I had to go to the insurance office to pick up the settlement check for my Saturn. My Satty was in the back, so I went and thanked her for saving my life and said good-bye. It was really hard as she was my 50th birthday present from me to me. I had her for 9.5 years. So now you know how old I am

I am leaving in about a half hour to go pick up my new MINI. I live in Bellingham, WA and the MINI dealer is in Seattle, so it's between 1.5-2 hours away depending on traffic. After I get my MINI a friend in Seattle is taking me to dinner to celebrate.

I know I'll never forget the Saturn. When I moved from NYC to the state of Washington, I drove her across the country. But she served me well and I will always have fond memories of My Satty.

Now it's time for a new chapter. I'm already thinking that the MINI and I may take a nice road trip along the Oregon coastline. It will be a bonding experience.

The sun is trying to come out here, so I hope I can take some good photos! If I can take some today, I'll post them asap

Carole

Old 09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
noah
Neutral
Ahh yes, there's nothing like the smell of a new car. My wife is from Meford Oregon, and though I've only been there once (25 years ago to propose) it was simply beautiful. So enjoy that road trip along the Oregon coast in your new mini - - you're going to have a blast.

Cheers.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Carole
1st Gear
I picked up my new little MINI yesterday. Here she is! I had to wear a red and white shirt to match her

I had the Union Jack side scuttles put on to honor my Mom who was born and raised in Salford, England

Carole
A HAPPY MINI OWNER!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:30 AM
noah
Neutral
Very nice, Carole. Congratulations again.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:13 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats & Welcome! Like everyone else I'm glad that you are okay. Can't wait to hear about your MINI adventures. I've driven the west coast from WA to SoCal when I lived in San Fran....that area was made for MINI motoring...enjoy! Beautiful car. My first MINI was Chilli Red/White too...great choice.