1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb ordered a 2011 JCW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newb ordered a 2011 JCW!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here on the forums . I have already gotten plenty of ideas to implement for when my 2011 JCW arrives. Looks like I will be getting it in Jan 11 due to the Mini Connect option . I could have gotten it a bit sooner without that option but after driving a 2011 JCW with it, I believe it will be worth the wait. After seeing the Countryman this weekend I am thinking about the Countryman next year for my wife.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Bor
3rd Gear
tell us more about Connect please ! Nobody around here has either seen it or read any reviews of it...

Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Mini Connect was actually pretty frackin' cool! I got my iPhone 4 to connect to it during my test drive and was able to check weather, Twitter,and Facebook. There is an app for the connection on the German iTunes store that ties your iPhone into the system . Apparently the dealership got lucky by receiving a JCW with it already installed (I was told it has been delayed for delivery in new vehicles because of an upgrade that takes care of an interface issue that they were having with the new iPhone OS 4.0). I didn't have a problem connecting but that's what I was told by the salesman at the dealership. I would highly recommend it if you are thinking about a new Mini! One thing that I did not check out was the ability to view my TomTom Nav app but I am gonna try and head back to the dealership next week to check it out. If anybody has additional items they would like to check out just drop me a line here and I will try and give it a whirl .

Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, it must be a wondrous addition to a MINI that would keep a person waiting that long to get their car.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:13 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Thanks for the welcome. You have to see Mini Connect in action to believe it my friend! Now granted, I am kind of a computer geek, but I still think the integrated system has a lil' somethin' somethin' for everyone (besides the coolness factor ).

Old 09-20-2010, 09:30 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the thing about MINI Connect is that they are taking on extra criticism BECAUSE it's delayed. If it were on schedule, people who were angling to get nav already would just be getting it anyway. Once they have them coming into showrooms, and once they open it up to Android, I think people will take a warmer attitude towards it. Easy integration is always good, and it does lock out the distracting stuff when in motion, which is a good due diligence thing. I'm hard-pressed to say if I would have ordered it, had it been available, because after using nav on my Element, and otherwise having apps on the iPhone and the iPad, I felt it would be more prudent to leave nav out and just bring the iPad (3g+gps model) with me if I needed nav. It was the $2k price that hurt it for me.

That said, being a dork, I suspect they could have talked me into it with a little negotiation. When you DO get your MINI, you'll be happy to have it, I'm sure. Especially since you are resigned to the wait anyway!

Old 09-20-2010, 04:51 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats n the wait will be worth it

Old 09-20-2010, 04:56 PM
devicemanager
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM!

What other options did you order?