1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 02:51 PM
hot chocolate mini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New mini owner

[FONT='Bodoni MT'][SIZE=3]My daughter bought a white pepper mini, a month ago, and I fell in love, so went into the mini store and ended up with an adorable hot chocolate metallic mini, Mayfair addition because I fell in love with the interior. The car is a lot of fun to drive, but there are feature I wish I could get on the car now, but the parts dept. has told me some of these things have to be factory installed. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT='Bodoni MT'][SIZE=3] I am interested in finding if there is a thread on people who have clear coated their mini’s and how they like the results. I am also interested in improving the sound system, sorry for offending the purist mini cooper followers but it is really lacking in quality with sound. I listen to classical, opera, country (sorry) as well as soft rock, and the others in the car like good old rock and roll, so sound is important. The mini dealer tells me the sound is wonderful and there is no upgrade, I just do not know quality sound. Funny I have had a Bose and similar type stereos in all my past cars, frequently attend concerts and I pretty sure I know what quality sound like, and my mini just does not seem to have it. Any one have any ideas, my daughter is complaining about the same thing.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT='Bodoni MT'][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT='Bodoni MT'][SIZE=3]Dee[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT='Bodoni MT'][/FONT]

Old 09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
CRoth
4th Gear
Do you have the Harmon Kardon system in your Mini? This is the optional stereo system. There are several threads on stereo upgrades on this site. Just do a search for aftermarket stereo, speakers ect.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:42 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Your MINI has a clear coat finish. Normal MINI sound system is not great, but if you got The HK system, don't know what to say.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Mini2na
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations on your new MINI.

The stock sound system is a common complaint. Here is the forum to start your search for options: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...and-audio-201/

Sounds to me like you just need to upgrade the speakers, but for MORE sound you may want to add an amp and sub.

But.... the MINI is not an audiophiles dream. It is noisy and you will never get that perfect sound stage while at speed. If a quieter cabin is what you need then you will have to add Dynamat or other sound deadening material at various places in the car.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:58 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats on your new MINI. Hope you get the "bugs" worked out to your satisfaction and that you get to enjoy for a long time...

Old 10-01-2010, 01:45 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats n welcome