1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salt Lake City Checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salt Lake City Checking in!

HEY EVERY ONE!!!! I finally got a MCS!!! Was a toss up between an BMW Z3 and the MCS..... Price was right AND my wife already has an 2003 Z3.
Mine is Liquide yellow with hood stripes and checked roof. Stock for now. I'll do the usual intake, exhaust, pulleys and tune. If I want to get REALLY stupid, I grab a handfull of my hopped up '83 Suzuki GS1100ES and commit a fellony or two! (kidding on the fellony)
I drove an MCS 2 years ago and found out that the 'lil GIRL car..... isn't!!!!
Been wanting one ever since.
Living in Salt Lake City Utah, I have LOTS of twisties to play with AND Larry Miller Motor Sports Park venue to play on..... I've had the MCS for a week and put 500-ish miles on it. I work 4 miles from home, Driving the LONG way as much as I can.
So, Hello fellow Mini folks!!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
Welcome. South Jordan here.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Hi!!

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Welcome. South Jordan here.
So, does Utah have enough Minis to chapter up!!! We have the roads for these 'lil monsters! OR, a track day at Larry Mill Motorpark.....?
Interesting name. How is it derived?

Mine is Zukiman spelled backwards, 'cause I was always on my Suzuki Wes Coolie Replica super bike. (Pronounced Nam-I-kuz) And there are a LOT of Zukiman out there....Anyway, thanks for the welcome!!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
The sad thing about mini's in utah, is that from what I can see, they are very much a hobby car, not a race tool. There are a few I see at Miller every now and then, but its pretty rare. One got totaled a few weeks ago out there. I am competing in the wintercross series which runs rain or shine or snow. $65 a day so it is really cheap and really fun. Next one is in January. As for a chapter, plenty of utah guys especially at UtahMini.com BUT its a slow site and as I am new too, I am trying to churn things a bit over there and get more people active. As for the Tanuki, It is a mystical creature from Japanese Folklore. Kind of a trickster is the best way to think of one. I have Japanese roots, and I have known the Tanuki legends since I was a little kid. So yeah seemed good to me. You may recognize them as bear dog looking things with huge *********, and usually carrying bags wearing large hats.

Anyway, welcome. I will be doing a bunch of upgrades to my car soon if you want to come down to South Jordan and figure em out with me.

Any pics of the new car? is it a 2011 or what year?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Kewl!!!!

The sad thing about mini's in utah, is that from what I can see, they are very much a hobby car, not a race tool. There are a few I see at Miller every now and then, but its pretty rare. One got totaled a few weeks ago out there. I am competing in the wintercross series which runs rain or shine or snow. $65 a day so it is really cheap and really fun. Next one is in January. As for a chapter, plenty of utah guys especially at UtahMini.com BUT its a slow site and as I am new too, I am trying to churn things a bit over there and get more people active. As for the Tanuki, It is a mystical creature from Japanese Folklore. Kind of a trickster is the best way to think of one. I have Japanese roots, and I have known the Tanuki legends since I was a little kid. So yeah seemed good to me. You may recognize them as bear dog looking things with huge *********, and usually carrying bags wearing large hats.

Anyway, welcome. I will be doing a bunch of upgrades to my car soon if you want to come down to South Jordan and figure em out with me.

Mine is an '03. As for the upgrades, I've been a professional mechanic since '79 with a racing and prototype background, so we'll have to meet. I have a few friends with some pretty serious rides and one races his silver, supercharged S2000 at L.M. on open track days. I will be doing the same. So what is the winter cross? sounds......SLIPPERY!!!! lol!

Old 12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Cars and coffee?

Ever heard of or been to the Cars and Coffee in South Jordan? I'll be a regular next year as will my friend with the S2000, Turbo Supra and 944 Turbo Porsche. Some REALLY nasty fast cars show uyp for these weekend mornings and then a "drive" though the canyons.......Always a good time!

Old 12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
basically it runs on the mmp course no matter what conditions etc. I have a post in the MINIUTAH.com forum with all the info. Well maybe you can help me get this stuff all installed before the next one. I am new to minis so I am sure I will get easily confused haha.

I was building a rb26 240z before this, but I have been off the track over a year building it so I decided to sell as is and get a car I could start running now/ continue to build.

Maybe we can be track buddies since I cant seem to find anyone else willing to run there.

I used to go to the c&c a lot in my subaru, but when i started building the datsun I never had a car I thought would be cool to take. Now I live like straight up the street from it so I will go to some more. Its tough because if Arsenal plays I go to the pub in the am at 8 on sat.

Last edited by Tanuki; 12-12-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
Old 12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Tnks

Thanks Tanuki, JUST reged there.... Lets have some FUN!!!!
We may have met in the past at a C&C meet, maybe....See ya 'round for sure!! later.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Tanuki
3rd Gear
yeah here is the car I usually had at C&C

lmk if you ever need parts. I have some good discounts through work for mini stuff.

see ya around.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum, $65 for tracktime is a real bargain, hope to make the January meet.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BensMini
Welcome to the forum, $65 for tracktime is a real bargain, hope to make the January meet.
Hi Ben, good to meet ya and thanks for the greeting!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:34 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 762 Likes on 622 Posts
Welcome, now the fun will begin

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We would love to see a pic of the MINI, too.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Namikuz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Welcome, now the fun will begin
No.....NOW the fun will CONTINUE!!!!!!! I had an '86 RX7 with a 5.0 V8 and 5 speed and I am a car builder at Customs and Classics in Salt Lake City Utah....fun EVERY DAY!!!! CCRUTAH.COM

Old 04-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Canyons-skier
1st Gear
Just starting to play with the idea of making modifications to my semi newly acquired R53. Found an 06 with 32k on it - thing has hardly been driven.

I am in the northern side of Utah (Cache County) - anyone know how to do pulley changes or know of a decent shop to get it done?