1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It took me 8 years...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 PM
ufomini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noah,
Welcome, from "the Show Me State".

From your story, I believe you are finally home. I ran into a woman, after I first bought my 06 MCS, who told me she always wondered what type of person drives a MINI. I laughed, because I also believe we are a diverse/peculiar group.

Older people are constantly asking me what kind of gas mileage I get. I promptly answer "about 25mpg's". They always shake their head or have this puzzled look on their face. I know they're thinking, "Hell, my old Lincoln gets about that, why would you buy a car that small if your not getting great gas mileage?" I always smile and leave them wondering.

The truth is, I thought I would get a little better gas mileage, however, that was never the reason I bought the car. I bought the car because: 1) It exudes personality like no other. 2) No car is funner to drive 3) It makes me feel young and hip (I'm 43) and 4) It gets reasonable gas mileage!!!!!!

Welcome Home my friend

Last edited by ufomini; 01-30-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 AM
NoahtheRed
1st Gear
Thanks!

The rack came with the car. I am actually looking to get rid of the fork mount bike rack if anyone is interested :P

Old 08-08-2011, 07:11 PM
phinzup
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NoahtheRed
haha not yet. For the past few years, I've been going to Metrocon down in Tampa, FL....but this year we're gonna try for Dragon
Sooooo... Are ya going?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:25 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Great looking car! Welcome to the board I took out all my piercings and shaved my mohawk off a few years ago, but I'm still heavily tattooed. The MINI suits those who like to modify.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:06 PM
MINI39
2nd Gear
Welcome Noah !!!! Enjoy it, they are great cars...I too noticed the rack, what brand is that???

Old 08-09-2011, 10:06 AM
RallyCat
2nd Gear
The MINI is gorgeous- congrats and welcome!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:19 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome!! I think you'll find that you're not alone - there are many people on this forum who came over from the Jeep world...and a few of us still have a Jeep addiction. I can't seem to let go of my '94 Cherokee and I've also picked up a '98 Cherokee to add to my fleet. I've found that Jeepers and MINI motorers have a lot in common, a couple being the camaraderie, as well as the insatiable need to mod. Hope you find yourself at home here!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 AM
NoahtheRed
1st Gear
Sorry about the (very) delayed response. I took a nice relaxing vacation, followed by a very less than relaxing return to work, which got interrupted by Hurricane Irene....which left me with no power. I've got good news and bad news though:

First the bad news, I won't be able to attend Dragoncon. Classes begin on the 6th, so it's just too hectic to be able to head down to Atlanta and back in a weekend without being too exhausted to teach on Tuesday.

Second, Hurricane Irene took more than just my power. The debris she left behind managed to mangle my front two tires (a none-the-less impressive feat) at the exact time in the year when my money situation is at it's most dire. So my Mini is out of action for a few days, my apartment is hot and dark, and my weekend is wide open :P

The good news is, once pay checks start coming in, I can start playing with Clarkson again and enjoy the fall weather with the windows down, sunroof open, and (new) tires on the asphalt. Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone! I love my Mini and the community that comes with it.