1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clueless

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:36 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the one from outmotoring.com.
It's installed at the back of the shelf. Check the description here, there are directions.
http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...pod_mp3_hookup

Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Annette you are awesome!! You have just saved me the trouble of having to buy a new stereo (which I will at some point, but now I can actually save money and buy a sexy one). But thank you, this is amazingly helpful. Over the weekend I shall try this.
You're awesomeeeeeee
Unfortunately there is no *hug* smiley. But *HUG* anyway! :D

Old 02-17-2011, 12:15 PM
nits231
2nd Gear
Hey, just wanted to tell you that I just got my AUX input cable. Now time to wait for a warm day to take apart my minnie.

:D *Excited*

Old 02-17-2011, 07:53 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
As I recall it only took me an hour or so to get mine installed, have fun!
Annette

Old 02-18-2011, 09:01 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Thanks! I am presuming (by your wording) that you got it installed by someone else. How much did that cost you (if you don't mind me asking)? I am trying to find someone in and around boston to install it for me. I don't think I can do this myself. Plus, its too cold to be sitting outside in the snow, ripping my car apart.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
No, I did it myself. Free!
Annette

Old 02-18-2011, 11:34 AM
romille
3rd Gear
Welcome to the club! MINI ownership is pretty awesome. You are sure to have lots of fun with it. If there is a local club around your area, be sure to join! We have a great club here and it is half the fun of owning a MINI! There are always meets and events, and it is a great way to meet other owners and get ideas for mods and things. And if there is a track near you, you can always look into HPDE (high performance driving education) which I hear is loads of fun... I plan to do some soon at a track a couple hours away.

Oh, and I think Alpharetta isn't too far away from the NC mountains, right? Maybe you should join tarheelminis.org for some of mountain events! My husband and I did MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon last October and it was great fun. MINIs on the Dragon (MOTD) is coming up at the end of April, but it might not be the best for your first meet since it is so huge. This will be our first year at MOTD and people tell us the smaller meets are actually more fun. There is also the Blue Ridge Parkway Tour a little later that I hear is great, and plenty of other events. We have some club members from GA that join us on events like that.

Side note: MOTD isn't a Tar Heel MINIs event, it is much larger. Lots of clubs and vendors come, hundreds of people show up for it, right now the registration is at 531 people with 357 MINIs. People book rooms like a year in advance, so at this point it will be hard to get lodging. But it probably isn't too late to get a room for MSSD in October! We reserved one not too long ago.

Last edited by romille; 02-18-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM
romille
3rd Gear
OH, doh, you are in Boston. Well... it still isn't that far away! You should come join us for some fun mountain driving!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
No, I did it myself. Free!
Annette
Then I shall be getting together some of my more technical guy friends to help me set up. The instruction booklet makes it sound fairly easy. Now, only to wait for a nice warm day where being outside doesn't freeze my toes off!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:21 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
That sounds awesome! Unfortunately I have college so it complicates everything. But I will look into the local MINI group. That sounds amazing! Thank you so much for the welcome! :D

Originally Posted by romille
Welcome to the club! MINI ownership is pretty awesome. You are sure to have lots of fun with it. If there is a local club around your area, be sure to join! We have a great club here and it is half the fun of owning a MINI! There are always meets and events, and it is a great way to meet other owners and get ideas for mods and things. And if there is a track near you, you can always look into HPDE (high performance driving education) which I hear is loads of fun... I plan to do some soon at a track a couple hours away.

Oh, and I think Alpharetta isn't too far away from the NC mountains, right? Maybe you should join tarheelminis.org for some of mountain events! My husband and I did MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon last October and it was great fun. MINIs on the Dragon (MOTD) is coming up at the end of April, but it might not be the best for your first meet since it is so huge. This will be our first year at MOTD and people tell us the smaller meets are actually more fun. There is also the Blue Ridge Parkway Tour a little later that I hear is great, and plenty of other events. We have some club members from GA that join us on events like that.

Side note: MOTD isn't a Tar Heel MINIs event, it is much larger. Lots of clubs and vendors come, hundreds of people show up for it, right now the registration is at 531 people with 357 MINIs. People book rooms like a year in advance, so at this point it will be hard to get lodging. But it probably isn't too late to get a room for MSSD in October! We reserved one not too long ago.