1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clueless

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clueless

Hello everyone,

I have just joined this site in the hope of learning more about my Minnie Cooper 2004 model (Spelt differently on purpose). I realized that I do not have ANY idea about what my car is all about, despite being in love with it.

Cheers
Nits

Old 01-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Vollgas
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM!
You can find all sorts of info here.
Happy Motoring!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Vollgas
Welcome to NAM!
You can find all sorts of info here.
Happy Motoring!
Thank You

Old 01-27-2011, 09:04 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello!

I feel certain that you'll find all the information you need, and more!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Hello!

I feel certain that you'll find all the information you need, and more!

:D I really hope so! I have been on this site for the past 2 hours familiarizing myself with everything. The only thing I have managed to learn is what R50, R53.. etc... means! Lol

Ya, I am a disgrace when it comes to Mini owners.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone has to start somewhere.

Enjoy!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:23 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
nits231,
Welcome to the exciting world of MINI obsession. I'm in year 6 of owning El Kabong and still love every minute.
A heads up on some of the language, Mini refers to the classic Mini Cooper (pre-BMW), whereas MINI refers to the current BMW line. You will probably learn more than you ever thought possible to know about a car here!
So post a bit about yours, color, packages, any mods done by previous owner.
Again, WELCOME!
Annette

Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
nits231,
Welcome to the exciting world of MINI obsession. I'm in year 6 of owning El Kabong and still love every minute.
A heads up on some of the language, Mini refers to the classic Mini Cooper (pre-BMW), whereas MINI refers to the current BMW line. You will probably learn more than you ever thought possible to know about a car here!
So post a bit about yours, color, packages, any mods done by previous owner.
Again, WELCOME!
Annette
In that case I have a MINI 04. It has a black body with a white hard top. No mods really which is sad. I am now starting to save money to make some basic changes, such as a new stereo system and speakers. I want my car to boom, but in a budget. Lol. I thought about racing stripes but it's kinda cliche for me and I love the solid black.

What about you?

Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Everyone has to start somewhere.

Enjoy!
Your name makes me hungry for chocolate. Off topic, I know.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:34 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Making it yours will be the fun part. Like I said, I've had mine for 5+ years and am still having fun with it. My next 2 mods will be a shortshifter and some rally lights.
My MINI is named El Kabong and is an '06 MCS (R53). In addition to the OEM packages (Premium, Convenience, Sport pkg, Sport Suspension and Cold Weather) I've added the Alta cold air intake, a sway bar, a new pulley and tower plates. Tons of graphic mods that I can't even recall at this point . I did replace the tail lights with all white lights, I've managed to remove most everything red from the exterior. Mine was ordered with black bonnet stripes and I added additional black pinstripes to those to make them stand out a bit more.
I could keep going...

Annette

Old 01-27-2011, 10:45 AM
wpb mini
5th Gear
Welcome! Apart from the driving, part of the fun of having a MINI is the YOU-ification! That is what mods are for. Have fun and make that MINI yours!

When you get the bug to add things, (all MINI owners seem to get the same bug at one time or another), be sure to research this site for lots of helpful threads. Often, someone has already discussed the topic you might be interested in! And if you cannot find what you're looking for, post a note, and someone will surely lend a hand.

Congrats, and have fun!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 373 Likes on 314 Posts
Your life will never be the same.

For lots of MINI related stuff, check out SooperCooperInfo.com One of the guys in our club has spent his youth tracking down everything there is on the internet concerning MINI's and Mini's to build this library of links.

Ask lots of questions when they arise and expect a flurry of opinions. You will soon learn which ones come from those who really know their stuff.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:44 PM
nits231
2nd Gear
Making it yours will be the fun part. Like I said, I've had mine for 5+ years and am still having fun with it. My next 2 mods will be a shortshifter and some rally lights.
My MINI is named El Kabong and is an '06 MCS (R53). In addition to the OEM packages (Premium, Convenience, Sport pkg, Sport Suspension and Cold Weather) I've added the Alta cold air intake, a sway bar, a new pulley and tower plates. Tons of graphic mods that I can't even recall at this point . I did replace the tail lights with all white lights, I've managed to remove most everything red from the exterior. Mine was ordered with black bonnet stripes and I added additional black pinstripes to those to make them stand out a bit more.
I could keep going...

Annette
Wow... So, I definitely have a new terms list to google. Lol. I saw a picture of El Kabong and its gorgeous. This is really exciting!
So far I will just work on getting a new stereo, I realized that I probably don't need new speakers cause the factory speakers are actually pretty darn good. But I want a cooler looking stereo face. Plus this one doesn't have an AUX input which is a headache cause I have to keep cutting CD's (not even MP3s).
Any advice on that?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:45 PM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wpb mini
Welcome! Apart from the driving, part of the fun of having a MINI is the YOU-ification! That is what mods are for. Have fun and make that MINI yours!

When you get the bug to add things, (all MINI owners seem to get the same bug at one time or another), be sure to research this site for lots of helpful threads. Often, someone has already discussed the topic you might be interested in! And if you cannot find what you're looking for, post a note, and someone will surely lend a hand.

Congrats, and have fun!
I love what you have said and now I feel really guilty for not having taken the time out to ME-ify my minnie. As I already mentioned in my previous post, I have this 'bug' to get a new stereo. I really don't like this one. Especially cause it doesn't have an AUX input to connect to my iPod. Advice is welcome!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
Your life will never be the same.

For lots of MINI related stuff, check out SooperCooperInfo.com One of the guys in our club has spent his youth tracking down everything there is on the internet concerning MINI's and Mini's to build this library of links.

Ask lots of questions when they arise and expect a flurry of opinions. You will soon learn which ones come from those who really know their stuff.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion! Shall browse that as soon as I can finish my stupid homework. (Sad life of the student). And I don't get swayed by suggestions until I see 1. some logic in them, or 2. I do some research myself and see that it might actually be a good suggestion! But thank you for the tips!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, Nits231!!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:25 PM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
Welcome, Nits231!!
Thank you!!

Old 01-27-2011, 05:34 PM
nits231
2nd Gear
My Minnie

This is the only half-decent picture I have of my car.

Attached Thumbnails Clueless-boston_fall.jpg  
Old 01-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
...and a half decent picture it is! That's a nice looking car, my friend. I like it's attempt to camouflage itself...

Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 PM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
...and a half decent picture it is! That's a nice looking car, my friend. I like it's attempt to camouflage itself...
*blush* --> From my Minnie's side.

And thank you :D

Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
nits, does your MINI have the parcel shelf? (It's a shelf mod, added under the steering wheel). A very nice and not too expensive mod that was pretty commonly done to the '02-'06 generation. If not, you should do that first and then you'll have a good place for an AUX or Ipod input. That is where mine is and I did both mods myself in an afternoon. Not too difficult at all.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:57 AM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nits231
:D I really hope so! I have been on this site for the past 2 hours familiarizing myself with everything. The only thing I have managed to learn is what R50, R53.. etc... means! Lol
Ya, I am a disgrace when it comes to Mini owners.
Welcome to NAM!!

Check out this "Sticky"
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...eat-sheet.html

Old 01-28-2011, 03:43 AM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
Welcome to the forum Nits!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:29 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
nits, does your MINI have the parcel shelf? (It's a shelf mod, added under the steering wheel). A very nice and not too expensive mod that was pretty commonly done to the '02-'06 generation. If not, you should do that first and then you'll have a good place for an AUX or Ipod input. That is where mine is and I did both mods myself in an afternoon. Not too difficult at all.
I don't think I have a parcel shelf, but will re-confirm today. Though I am pretty sure mine did not come with it. How do you put an AUX input there?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:30 AM
nits231
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by howsoonisnow1985
Welcome to NAM!!

Check out this "Sticky"
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...eat-sheet.html
Originally Posted by *Ghost*
Welcome to the forum Nits!
Thank you everyone !!

Quick Reply: Clueless