1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheers From Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:33 AM
Spitnfire
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers From Orlando

Hello All,
Just joined to educate myself on the pros and cons of Mini ownership. I have read a lot of negative posts on complaint blogs and some negative on a Mini forum but also the overwhelming sentiment is that they are worth the grief. I was bitten earlier this week in researching fuel efficeint cars with a fun factor. I was an avid Mazda 3 fan but the fuel efficiency is lacking. I drove a Cooper just to see if I might like it. Oh Dang! Im a driver, not a commuter. I have a vintage Triumph Spitfire. It handles like a go kart but the Mini blew me away. I drove a JCW Clubman. YIPES! So I am here to investigate further the reliability issues, repair woes, and the positive kudos you folks are sharing. Glad hyou are here. I will likely purchase one regardless, but I will at least be prepared for the worst. My first new car was an 81 Fiat X1/9. Everyone said not to buy that car and it was the most fun car I had driven to date. Never had any problems with it for 3 years and 40K miles. So not always swayed to popular opinion. Again, thanks for being here.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Vollgas
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM.
Just 50 miles east of you.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:33 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JCW Clubman, you say? DO IT.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:57 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Gulf Coast of FL! Sounds like you already have your head on straight, which is a good thing as more than a few prospective owners get spooked by the threads on "this broke" or "that broke", yada yada. Stuff you'll see about any make/model of auto. If you buy new, or a newer pre-owned you'll have the factory warranty to take care of anything that might go awry for a few years.

The MINI ownership experience is something in & of itself. The cars are almost too much fun to drive. Errands are never boring, and it never gets old seeing Your MINI in your garage or a parking lot. And, the community of MINI owners & motorers is awesome. Friendly, enthusiastic, helpful, and most are just as sick you w/the MINI madness.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out, er, when a MINI turns up in your driveway!

Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM
jcwrocket
2nd Gear
Welcome, and I hope to see the next JCW Clubman driver in Orlando soon! I have had a 2009 JCW Clubman for almost 2 years, and LOVE it! My commute is from Apopka to Celebration, via I-4, and my MINI does fantastically. I have about 32,000 miles on it, and have been averaging 34-36 MPG lately. I have had a couple of minor cosmetic issues with it, but the team over at Orlando MINI is great, and has helped me out with anything and everything I've needed.

Hope we see you soon. Check out www.sunshineminis.org, it's the statewide Florida MINI group, and we've got a pretty great group of folks who are active with MOO (MINI's Of Orlando)!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Spitnfire
Neutral
Cheers From Orlando

Originally Posted by Vollgas
Welcome to NAM.
Just 50 miles east of you.
Hey Vollgas, Thanks for the welcome.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Spitnfire
Neutral
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
JCW Clubman, you say? DO IT.

I will likely do it! Can't quit jonesin for that JCW. I feel like a crack head lookin for my next rock! Just have to unload a couple of toys first. I could prolly have a decent Vette for the price of one of these things. On the other hand, I dont much care for the Vette

Old 02-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Spitnfire
Neutral
[quote=jcwrocket;3205867]Welcome, and I hope to see the next JCW Clubman driver in Orlando soon! I have had a 2009 JCW Clubman for almost 2 years, and LOVE it! My commute is from Apopka to Celebration, via I-4, and my MINI does fantastically. I have about 32,000 miles on it, and have been averaging 34-36 MPG lately. I have had a couple of minor cosmetic issues with it, but the team over at Orlando MINI is great, and has helped me out with anything and everything I've needed.

Hope we see you soon. Check out www.sunshineminis.org, it's the statewide Florida MINI group, and we've got a pretty great group of folks who are active with MOO (MINI's Of Orlando)![/quote

The MOOs huh? Sounds like a 90's disco song with Tammy Wynette and KLF. Can't wait to hook up with you folks. Any events happening around CFL soon?

Old 02-01-2011, 05:43 PM
jcwrocket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Spitnfire
The MOOs huh? Sounds like a 90's disco song with Tammy Wynette and KLF. Can't wait to hook up with you folks. Any events happening around CFL soon?
We have a monthly meet the 2nd Wednesday of the month, which will be next week. We've been going to Fiddler's Green for trivia the last several months, and unless someone pipes up over on the SSM boards, that's probably where we'll be next week. There is also a scavenger hunt/rally planned for the 26th, and I think someone has even posted a drive for March already too!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Welcome, just buy the MINI and stop worrying!