1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bee

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
CooperSJohn
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Bee

Hello,

Today I went to Baron Mini in Kansas City and test drove my first mini. I have fallen in love and can't wait to purchase one. The reason I didn't bring one home today is I have a 09 Ford Focus that I owe more than its worth and don't want to rollover alot of negative equity, so I have to wait another year. After driving my first mini it reminded me of my miata by the way it handled and had more power. Extremely fun and can't wait to purchase one.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:57 PM
gepperso
3rd Gear
New Bee

Yes it VERRY fun car to drive
All MINI's are great
Now that you have to wait till next year, you will have time to go to MINI website and build your own, That is fun also.
You will have time to fugure out which MINI you want that will meet all of your needs.
Keep us updated on your progress, and what you finally choose.
I choose the Clubman S, because I wanted more room inside.
I drove all models at the dealer, for me the Clubman S model was the best for me. I you have a heavy left foot I would not choose the JCW version, They come with fast driving awards from your local police department.
Also you might want to look at the long awaited twins due out in 2012, They are strictly a 2 seater MINI but they look really cool .
If you can't find any pictures look here on NAM just google it and enjoy.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 AM
romille
3rd Gear
Put your car on Craigslist, maybe you can sell it for the pay off amount

Old 02-18-2011, 12:50 PM
CooperSJohn
1st Gear
Craig-list sounds like a good idea. I went back to the dealer today and test drove the new countryman S with AWD and without. I couldn't tell much of a difference between the two as far as power. After driving the Countryman S, I am still set on the Clubman S. What I did notice is that no matter which Mini I drive, they are all fun no matter what.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Vollgas
6th Gear
A big go kart with 100+ hp how can it not be fun.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:51 PM
romille
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CooperSJohn
Craig-list sounds like a good idea. I went back to the dealer today and test drove the new countryman S with AWD and without. I couldn't tell much of a difference between the two as far as power. After driving the Countryman S, I am still set on the Clubman S. What I did notice is that no matter which Mini I drive, they are all fun no matter what.
Well, the AWD will only kick in when it is needed so you won't feel much of a difference there. It is definitely nice to have when the weather is rough. I traded an AWD Rav4 for my MCCS, and there were a few times this winter when I actually felt the AWD kick in due to a wheel hitting a patch of ice, but it was pretty rare otherwise. I waited a few months for the Countryman to come out before I bought a MINI... I thought the Countryman was nice, but it just wasn't as fun to drive as our MCS. The MCCS has only had to deal with ice once so far. It stayed garaged for the ice storm that hit 3 days after purchase, but a couple days later I went to play on a twisty road and suddenly found myself on a short bridge that was one thick sheet of ice... the Clubby did just fine.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:43 AM
CooperSJohn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by romille
Well, the AWD will only kick in when it is needed so you won't feel much of a difference there. It is definitely nice to have when the weather is rough. I traded an AWD Rav4 for my MCCS, and there were a few times this winter when I actually felt the AWD kick in due to a wheel hitting a patch of ice, but it was pretty rare otherwise. I waited a few months for the Countryman to come out before I bought a MINI... I thought the Countryman was nice, but it just wasn't as fun to drive as our MCS. The MCCS has only had to deal with ice once so far. It stayed garaged for the ice storm that hit 3 days after purchase, but a couple days later I went to play on a twisty road and suddenly found myself on a short bridge that was one thick sheet of ice... the Clubby did just fine.
thanks for the info. i will keep that in mind

Old 02-19-2011, 10:38 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
There are plenty of us with regular Clubbies that get around just fine in winter in KC, mine included!

However, this past snowstorm showed me how nice AWD can be when it gets nasty as my wife's Audi got her to work when it was just too deep for my Clubby....an All4 Countryman would not have been held back either.

Baron is a super dealer to work with, I'd consider taking the hit on the Focus now so you could be driving a MINI sooner. The Focus will never be worth more than it is now, and chances are if you have a loan on it, you won't be right side up till the loan's paid off!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 AM
CooperSJohn
1st Gear
After reading and reading, i notice a few people complaining about maintenance. Would it be worth the 1750 for the extra 3 years/64000 for maintenance? Also, What is the average cost to fill up the tank?

Last edited by CooperSJohn; 02-21-2011 at 01:52 PM.