1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

March incentives

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:44 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
re-read the first sentence and ask your MA if that makes sense. Can't lock in until you've taken the car? That's not a lock.

If your MA is telling you something different than what I am telling you, then maybe you should call mini finance directly at 866-MINI-4-ME. That way you can find out about the 60 day rate lock straight from the authoritative voice in the matter.

Rates are not always lockable but they are this time.
Delivered to the deal and ready for pickup is what that means. But I will certainly call the MINI financial department to see if I can lock in now.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
I don't know why your dealerships are giving you such a hard time about this (except they stand to make more money if you pick your MINI when the rates are higher). I did my credit app before I even ordered the car to make sure I was eligible for the best deal possible.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Finner
3rd Gear
A credit ap can be submitted to Miniusa at any time. And if credit meets criteria to qualify, you get the 0.9 or the current lease rate that corresponds to your credit score. But I believe you must take delivery during the length of that program. If your Mini isn't in until April 10th for example, you will not get the March 0.9%. You will get the April program and it might be better, worse or the same. Though I doubt if ever see much better than 0.9% for financing. Usually the "fine print" says "Must take delivery by xx/xx/2011.
At least that is the way I understand it. And I know that is the way it works at most other brands such as Toyota, Honda, and more.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:16 PM
10flyer
1st Gear
The rate was 0.9 when we ordered our MCS in December, then it was higher in January and February. Our MA told us our MINI would take 6-8 weeks and get here in February. Well, lucky us that it has taken so long.......rate is now 0.9% again AND there is a free package!! Good things come to those who wait! It will be more like 11-12 weeks, but the finance deal makes the long wait not seem so bad.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
Delivered to the deal and ready for pickup is what that means. But I will certainly call the MINI financial department to see if I can lock in now.
im checking out mini finance tomorrow too

Old 03-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Ginvent
2nd Gear
just checked miniusa and it seems they have a new incentive upgraded maintenance plan and one free option i just hope i qualify for that incentive even if i get financing from usaa.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
my ma said there is no rate lock either this month only for leasing

Old 03-05-2011, 03:31 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok. Don't call 1-866-MINI4ME and check for yourself about the rate lock. It's your money.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Finner
3rd Gear
If you go on miniusa.com and read the fine print, it says must take delivery by 03/31/11 for the various incentives being offered.

Even for customers paying cash, not financing, the offer is free maintenance for 6 year, 100,000 miles along with free option such as premium pkg. Again it says must take del by 03/31. On April 1 when the new program comes out, it may be the same as March..or not.

If I'm reading it wrong, I guess a store could offer 60 day lock on the rate and if the rate changes back to 1.9%, the store just buys it down to .9%, basically the store eating the difference. Just a thought.

Or maybe I am misreading all the info in the "fine print" link.

Anyone know the March lease money factor and residual for a 2011 MCS?

Old 03-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
ok. Don't call 1-866-MINI4ME and check for yourself about the rate lock. It's your money.
every time i call they seem to not be available only the annoying bot. when are their hours?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:58 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
I am anxiously awaiting whether my MINI will make it to me by March 31, or if it will miss by a day or two and be here in April. I'm really really hoping for March because between the 6yr/100K mtce and a free upgrade option, the value there is huge. I really hope April doesn't drop the 6yr/100k mtce and change any upgrades to something I can't take advantage of. That would hurt big time having missed on those by just a couple days. When I first talked to someone at the dealer in January, she said they tend to be better incentives in the winter months, but less so as spring rolls around.

For sake of history on the recent pattern incentives, does anyone know what they were in February and January 2011?

This link just provides the current months deal for obvious reasons.
http://www.miniusa.com/lease_loan_pr...ancialServices

Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
with the money you save you can get a jcw package thing or a new convienence + connect

Old 03-20-2011, 08:28 AM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
I am anxiously awaiting whether my MINI will make it to me by March 31, or if it will miss by a day or two and be here in April. I'm really really hoping for March because between the 6yr/100K mtce and a free upgrade option, the value there is huge. I really hope April doesn't drop the 6yr/100k mtce and change any upgrades to something I can't take advantage of. That would hurt big time having missed on those by just a couple days. When I first talked to someone at the dealer in January, she said they tend to be better incentives in the winter months, but less so as spring rolls around.

For sake of history on the recent pattern incentives, does anyone know what they were in February and January 2011?

This link just provides the current months deal for obvious reasons.
http://www.miniusa.com/lease_loan_pr...ancialServices
I'm in the same boat -- no pun intended -- as far as the March incentives. They fit me perfectly. Hoping if we don't get ours before the end of the month that April is the same/similar.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Finner
If you go on miniusa.com and read the fine print, it says must take delivery by 03/31/11 for the various incentives being offered.

Even for customers paying cash, not financing, the offer is free maintenance for 6 year, 100,000 miles along with free option such as premium pkg. Again it says must take del by 03/31. On April 1 when the new program comes out, it may be the same as March..or not.
Ohhh I'm pissed they didn't give me the free maintenance program and I bought mine Friday! Aaaarrrrrrggggg!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by VYPUR
Ohhh I'm pissed they didn't give me the free maintenance program and I bought mine Friday! Aaaarrrrrrggggg!!!
What!!!! That's messed up but you do have to really pressure it on them

Old 03-21-2011, 12:57 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by VYPUR

Did you get the 0.9% financing? The free upgrade is available only if you take the standard interest rate (5%+).

For most people the 0.9% is a better deal.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Did you get the 0.9% financing? The free upgrade is available only if you take the standard interest rate (5%+).

Who told you that? My MA said if my car comes in match then I would get both

Old 03-21-2011, 01:29 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor

I highly suggest you have him put that in writing because he is wrong.

You CAN get the option credit and maint but not both 0.9% and maint.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I never said you can get main with the 0.9.. I ment the package which you can get with the 0.9

Old 03-21-2011, 01:58 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
I never said you can get main with the 0.9..
umm.. yes, you did.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Yay for upgrade I thought you ment the package

Old 03-21-2011, 04:30 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
All this high finance makes me dizzy! I put a downpayment on mine and when he's ready for me I'll just write a check for him. I don't like monthly payments and interest and all that, I think it's good money going out the door with no real payback. If I really want something, I'll save for it, then buy it outright.

Buck

Old 03-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
yeah if i dont get the 0.9 then im just gonna put as much as i can down and finance the least amount possible for 2 years just to bring up my credit.. got no credit right now.. the good things about being young

Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 AM
jsjohnson
1st Gear
The March stuff, straight off the MINI promotion, summarized as follows:

#1: 0.9% APR up to 60 months, or 3.9% months 61 to 72. Includes one upgrade option at no additional charge.

#2: 36-month closed end lease, $2,626 cash due at signing. Lease rate based on well-equipped 2011 MINI with Automatic Transmission and Premium Package with MSRP of $23,100. Purchase option at end of lease $15,708.

#3: Get no cost maintenance plan upgrade (MPU) that includes maintenance coverage up to 6 years 100K miles and road side assistance, valued up to $1795. MPU is available only with Standard Rate Retail Financing thru MINI (5.9%?). Includes one upgrade option at no additional charge.

Additional Notes:
  • Applies to Hardtop, Convertible, Clubman models only. Not Countryman.
  • Upgrade options, where noted, include one of Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, or Sport Package (Sport package does not include optional wheel upgrade). Free option applies only to vehicles Delivered by March 31.
  • The incentivies are available only at participating MINI dealers.
I think on the #3 there was earlier interpretation that it meant MPU could be had for paying full in cash. I read that myself in an earlier post, but didn't check up on the fine print. Looks like it does require 5.9% financing, which is a far cry from the 0.9% available. I was planning on paying cash in full, and thought/hoped this MPU would be there too, so does not sound to be the case.

Does anyone happen to know the fine print on the standard financing regarding minimum amount to finance, minimum months to pay (before paying off), or any early payoff penalty? Otherwise, on anyone wanting to pay cash, it might be worth the few months interest before paying off the balance to get a 6 yr MPU. If I learn anything there I'll post back, and will plan on covering this in detail with my MA later in the week. Once my car at least hits the docks, I plan on visiting him in person to make sure I understand all my options around paying...so I don't have to deal with that part on delivery day!

Edit: To find the page on the promotions I had to do the following: Go to www.miniusa.com. Click on Mini Financial Services (bottom left). Click on Estimate A Payment (bottom option on left). Payment Estimator page will open. At top of page on right, click on >Learn More.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:19 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jsjohnson
The March stuff, straight off the MINI promotion, summarized as follows:

#1: 0.9% APR up to 60 months, or 3.9% months 61 to 72. Includes one upgrade option at no additional charge.

#2: 36-month closed end lease, $2,626 cash due at signing. Lease rate based on well-equipped 2011 MINI with Automatic Transmission and Premium Package with MSRP of $23,100. Purchase option at end of lease $15,708.

#3: Get no cost maintenance plan upgrade (MPU) that includes maintenance coverage up to 6 years 100K miles and road side assistance, valued up to $1795. MPU is available only with Standard Rate Retail Financing thru MINI (5.9%?). Includes one upgrade option at no additional charge.

Additional Notes:
  • Applies to Hardtop, Convertible, Clubman models only. Not Countryman.
  • Upgrade options, where noted, include one of Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, or Sport Package (Sport package does not include optional wheel upgrade). Free option applies only to vehicles Delivered by March 31.
  • The incentivies are available only at participating MINI dealers.
I think on the #3 there was earlier interpretation that it meant MPU could be had for paying full in cash. I read that myself in an earlier post, but didn't check up on the fine print. Looks like it does require 5.9% financing, which is a far cry from the 0.9% available. I was planning on paying cash in full, and thought/hoped this MPU would be there too, so does not sound to be the case.

Does anyone happen to know the fine print on the standard financing regarding minimum amount to finance, minimum months to pay (before paying off), or any early payoff penalty? Otherwise, on anyone wanting to pay cash, it might be worth the few months interest before paying off the balance to get a 6 yr MPU. If I learn anything there I'll post back, and will plan on covering this in detail with my MA later in the week. Once my car at least hits the docks, I plan on visiting him in person to make sure I understand all my options around paying...so I don't have to deal with that part on delivery day!

Edit: To find the page on the promotions I had to do the following: Go to www.miniusa.com. Click on Mini Financial Services (bottom left). Click on Estimate A Payment (bottom option on left). Payment Estimator page will open. At top of page on right, click on >Learn More.
yep option number 1 is the best

Quick Reply: March incentives