1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

March incentives

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:59 AM
shoe
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up my car last Saturday and got the 0.9% finance but the dealer would not give me the 1 free option because he gave me a deal on the car. I thought the free option was from Mini and he said no it comes from the dealer. I have been trying to get a answer from Mini about this but they say to contact the dealer. Anyone have different info.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:15 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shoe
I picked up my car last Saturday and got the 0.9% finance but the dealer would not give me the 1 free option because he gave me a deal on the car. I thought the free option was from Mini and he said no it comes from the dealer. I have been trying to get a answer from Mini about this but they say to contact the dealer. Anyone have different info.
did the dealer give you as much a "deal" as the option credit was worth? and the free option DOES come from MINI USA. If they didn't give it to you then they pocketed it.

auto - 1125
premium - 1575

Old 03-25-2011, 10:15 AM
VYPUR
5th Gear
0.9% with free option is listed on the mini website. That's a crock I bought min last Friday and got the 0.9% with the free option. Something sounds fishy to me.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
If they gave you a "deal" equivalent to the credit I'd let it slide. However if you feel they ripped you.. well, there is a survey coming your way. You might remind your MA about it.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
cccplus
4th Gear
seems like the dealer screwed you out of at least $1500 for the free option even if they gave you a so called 'deal' since you ordered your mini. there's no way for them to know what deal mini usa will have 6 wks ahead when you will pick up your ordered mini. i would have walked away from the deal. i got both promotion when i ordered mine. but since you have signed and bought the mini already, there's no recourse, just screw them on the survey.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
shoe,

I think some dealers are just jerks!

I was going to buy a Clubman which a dealer close to me had. I wanted a lower price since Mini had the promotion. But they were pretty stuck up and said even though Mini offers it, it doesn't mean the dealership has to participate in it. Which I thought was lame. I told them if you don't participate, then other dealers will. It's no cost to them since they get the kick back from Mini. At the end, they were going to give me $500 off the MSRP price on a $31k Clubman. Like I said, they were jerks. I live in San Jose, so there are many other dealers in my area.

I finally custom ordered my Clubman. They gave me a good deal off of the MSRP price. But I also wanted the option of going to a lower price when I pick up my car, depending on the incentive programs that Mini offers at that time. I made sure they put it in writing on the contract that we signed.

Sorry to hear that your dealer was a jerk. Like others said, just give them bad survey reviews.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:54 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
deleted at the request of shoe...

Last edited by MotorMouth; 03-26-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
for the record.
Nice find!!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:49 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Just purchased '11 MCSa last weekend. Had no problem getting the free option ($1750 for the Premium package) + another $750 off. This was for a car off the lot. The free package is in the form of a rebate and I am sure that it comes direct from MINI. Possibly could have got more off but got a fair amount for my trade-in. I did not finance through MINI either.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
calstyleee
1st Gear
I bought my mini 2 weeks ago and got 1.9% apr. I have crappy credit and I was upside down in my trade in. Mini of south Atlanta hooked me up! I can't believe they gave me so much for my trade in. I just had to make up the difference. Which is 3k. But I am SO GLAD I got out of that Honda. The dealership I bought it from ( Bryan Honda in Fayetteville) really screwed me and I didnt have much choice. 1.9% is almost free compared to 16.4%. Mini of south Atlanta really were amazing. I am in the Military so my bank is USAA. They have a car buying service and I got 3.5k off of my MCS. I am ridiculously happy in my new car. A.) it's a car I love, B.) it's worth what I payed I not more. C.) the APR is amazing. And D.) it only added one more year that I will be paying on my car. I can't wait until I buy my next mini from them. I went in and it was like meeting new friends. I didn't have to haggle anything, just had to wait for the dealership to tint the windows and I was gone.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:03 PM
shoe
1st Gear
I have called BMW 800-831-1117 and Mini usa 866-646-4872 and they say to call the dealer. Has anyone seen in print where the free option is coming from.This is what I found http://www.miniusa.com/#/shop/finance_options-m

Old 03-26-2011, 01:32 PM
VYPUR
5th Gear
This shows the free option with the 0.9%
http://mobile.miniusa.com/cnt/mobile...action?offer=2

Old 03-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I have called BMW 800-831-1117 and Mini usa 866-646-4872 and they say to call the dealer. Has anyone seen in print where the free option is coming from.This is what I found http://www.miniusa.com/#/shop/finance_options-m
Not to be mean or anything but you cant do anything about it now man.. you already signed