1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally "pulled the trigger"

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
caerbannog
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally "pulled the trigger"

Been thinking about getting a Mini Convertible for the past three years or so...

So what finally "put me over the edge" just now? Two contributing factors.

The first factor: A couple of weeks ago, I underwent surgery for a rare and potentially life-threatening situation that popped up with just a few hours' warning (Meckel's Diverticulitus, for those who are interested in those sort of things).

Fortunately, I got myself to the hospital while the symptoms were still very mild. So the procedure was "quick and easy", at least as far as surgery goes.... and a potentially lethal bullet was dodged!

The second factor: Mini's "free upgrade" (auto-tranny/sport-package/convenience-package) promotion.

So, four days after my surgery, I found myself taking delivery of a Cooper S convertible at my local Mini dealership.

So, is the fun of driving a Mini worth the pain and discomfort of a two-day hospital stay? Well, that's a no-brainer. Of course, it is!!!

Life is way too short to leave a Mini off of your "bucket list".

Last edited by caerbannog; 03-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caerbannog
Been thinking about getting a Mini Convertible for the past three years or so...

So what finally "put me over the edge" just now? Two contributing factors.

The first factor: A couple of weeks ago, I underwent surgery for a rare and potentially life-threatening situation that popped up with just a few hours' warning (Meckel's Diverticulitus, for those who are interested in those sort of things).

Fortunately, I got myself to the hospital while the symptoms were still very mild. So the procedure was "quick and easy", at least as far as surgery goes.... and a potentially lethal bullet was dodged!

The second factor: Mini's "free upgrade" (auto-tranny/sport-package/convenience-package) promotion.

So, four days after my surgery, I found myself taking delivery of a Cooper S convertible at my local Mini dealership.

So, is the fun of driving a Mini worth the pain and discomfort of a two-day hospital stay? Well, that's a no-brainer. Of course, it is!!!

Life is way too short to leave a Mini off of your "bucket list".
welcome and thats awesome that your ok now.. pics of your mini?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Congratulations on your new MINI and new lease on life

Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad that you are doing well and congratulations on the MINI!