1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new MINI adopted me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
yellowmini11
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new MINI adopted me!!!!

Wow! I have had my new Interchange Yellow 2011 MINI a week tomorrow. It has been a thrill to drive and my heart skips a beat just to look at it! My friends all love it. No one can believe the luxuries it has...I couldn't either! I have a huge decision to make...do I put stripes on it? Which ones? The decision is a tough one. I never thought I would buy a yellow car, but it looked so jazzy on the showroom floor...besides, it is really a different kind of yellow. I've been told it goes with my red hair and personality of an artist! I need to see all the products available. This website and the MINI club is going to be a blast. More fun than a person should be allowed! Pat

Old 03-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Finner
3rd Gear
Hey Yellowmini! Enjoy! I'm here in New Jersey but home is originally right there in your neighborhood. I'm sure you're waving to every other Mini on Olive St Road

Have fun and Motor On!

Finner

Old 03-03-2011, 05:50 PM
yellowmini11
Neutral
Hi Finner!

Hey Finner! Wow...thanks. Great to hear from someone
who knows Olive St Road! I haven't begun to wave yet...have to try that out. Have not seen another Interchange Yellow on the road. I see this is going to be a lot of fun. Pat

Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Dupea
Neutral
Congratulations and welcome yellowmini! Post pics.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oddly enough one of my art teachers has a 2011 Interchange Yellow MINI!

As for the stripes, look around online for ideas before you make a commitment. Traditionally you could get the "Bonnet Stripes" but I have seen various other styles, even asymmetric ones! Mine has a center large stripe with two pin stripes along the edges of the main stripe.

Get some pictures up! We are more than happy to help you out with suggestions.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Finner
3rd Gear
Yellow,
You have so many choices to make. I went with the normal Bonnet Stripes. But find whats right for you. If you feel like taking a nice drive, bring me a double cheeseburger/fries from Steak&Shake. I miss it.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
We are welcome to have you here but black usually goes best with yellow but then you look like a bumble bee.. theres always those pros and cons

Old 03-04-2011, 02:27 AM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome Pat

Congratulations on your new MINI!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:21 AM
romille
3rd Gear
Congrats!

Good thing about vinyl is, it is removable. The reflective stuff is difficult to remove I hear, but your average stripes come off clean even years later. So anytime you change your mind, just pull them off.

I spent a good two weeks agonizing over my stripes! Once I had finally made up my mind (and changed it a couple times) I spent the last several days before the install agonizing over whether or not I made the right decision. It came out pretty good though Now I am contemplating side stripes.

I suggest using google images and the stripe threads on this forum... it really helped me. Just look at lots and lots of options, and decide what you like best and what would look best with your MINI. Google different word combos like 'cooper stripes' 'clubman stripes' 'interchange yellow mini cooper' and so on...

And since you are artsy, you can even think of custom things. People do all sorts of things that are unique... racing/rally number schemes, Mona Lisa roofs, rally stripes that are bunches of grapes, confetti, flowers, flags, you name it! Get the right stripe guys and your options are only limited by your imagination.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:29 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome to forum n congrats... if possible get a shop to customise yr strips.. i did mine that way