1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2011 MCS Owner...going to Minis on the Dragon in MAY!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if yall can get any money off the DOS intake if yall do a group by ill 100% drive down there to by it and get it installed

Old 03-11-2011, 04:44 AM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
Melengell,

I am down for helping out with anyones install, however I have a conflict on Thursday. Since I told my wife this was a "romantic mountain getaway" ( )I had to book a couple non-gear head activities.

Thursday at 2-4 we are doing the drive to the Jet Boat ride (Unless someone with experience says its lame) and on Saturday we are doing the brewery lunch time run.

I bought shirts for the Brew Swap so were doing that, and probably the Margarita Tent Party.....hhhmmmmm alcohol seems to be a recurring theme here

How far is the microtel in Robbinsville from your cabin, Annette?

Mel.....my woes for keeping this beauty clean have not even started. I live on a one mile dirt road!!

I had the dealer install clear bra on the lower 6" all the way around the car to protect against paint chips. Like anything its a trade off, I can walk out my front door and fish, hunt, shoot, ride our horses and not see another house for 360 degress . I guess a little dust here and there ain't so bad.

I bought the Prima Mystique wash and the Bananna...when do you use the Hydro?...I assume you use Bananna once a month and the hydro after every wash? Here is my "baby" after I got done yesterday..

Attached Thumbnails New 2011 MCS Owner...going to Minis on the Dragon in MAY!!-glossy-mini.jpg  

Last edited by Whistler NC; 03-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:11 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
I'll pm you guys the address at the cabin. It is along hwy 28, which is called "The Hellbender" and is a fun road to drive in it's own right.
We will be doing the brew swap as well, but other than that I will sign up for drives on the boards if I see one I want to do and there is space.
I have done the Jet Boat rides in New Zealand(where the Jet Boats originated) on the Shotover River and LOVED it. I can't imagine the ones in TN will be as cool since it's not the same topography but it will still be awesome I'm sure! I can't go since my car will be at MINIfini starting at 1pm for a sportlink install .
Watch this video from the New Zealand ride.
http://www.shotoverjet.com/the-video
Annette

Old 03-11-2011, 05:44 AM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
Im in the car now on my phone so ill watch video later. Im wondering how wet of a ride its gonna be and the temps that weekend. May have to play it by ear.....the wife may find bbq more fun...lol..

Last edited by Whistler NC; 03-11-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:53 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Oh, and I've been using Prima since I bought it at MoTD '06. I used the Hydro at the end of every wash. When the car is still wet, spray with a light mist of the delightful smelling Hydro and then just wipe with one of the waffle weave drying towels. Superb finish EVERY time.
I buy it by the gallon and refill my spray bottle as needed. We use it on all the cars, it even makes the 10yo PT Cruiser look shiny and new!
Annette

Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
The Dragon sounds like fun, but I won't make it this year, maybe next!

Buck

Old 03-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Larry, I just ordered my CAI after talking to Clint (DoS) on the telephone. He assured me that even mechanically inept people have successfully installed their own so I will be doing my own under the supervision of my mechanic who has a busted up hand. Let us know how your install went.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
Melangell, thats awesome.

I read the instructions and it doesn't seem too bad at all. Most other intakes just bolt on in about ten minutes. Aside from removing and replacing the bulkhead, the DoS doesn't look much harder to install.

I saw a mini pulled over today getting a ticket while I was out running errands ...its way too easy in this car to find myself doing 70MPH in a 45 zone .

Larry

Old 03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
Annette,

My wife watched the Jet Boat video and she is having reservations about doing it. Its not that shes scared, because she loves roller coasters and going fast! However, she and her mother suffer from random inner ear "upsets" that certain rides at the fair can trigger. She thinks that all the spinning those boats do might throw her balance off with the fluid in the inner ear.

If that happens it takes 2-3 days to feel normal again and that would make for a shi++y rest of the weekend driving on curvy roads. She wants to play it safe, so it looks like we can come pig out at your cabin.

I got your pic and here are the two ladies in my life, Veronica....my wife and our daughter. We were camping/mountain biking at DuPont State Forest last summer and hiked the water falls.

We are leaving around 7:30 am Thursday morning from Winston-Salem....anyone can feel free to join us for the trip out..

Attached Thumbnails New 2011 MCS Owner...going to Minis on the Dragon in MAY!!-mom-and-daughter.jpg  

Last edited by Whistler NC; 03-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:20 PM
VYPUR
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang I wished i had a Mini already............

Old 03-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
Gave our new beauty a bath and Bannana Gloss waxing right after I woke up and had my morning coffee.

"Jackson" posed for a shot by the MINI before the wife and I head out to a winery run on Saturday. I'm not much of a winery kinda guy, but I figured I better pamper her a little before she sees the boxes arrive and realizes I spent $1000+ on an exhaust and intake .......and the car is only 2 weeks old.

Jackson is gonna be upset when he finds out he doesnt get to go to MOTD

Attached Thumbnails New 2011 MCS Owner...going to Minis on the Dragon in MAY!!-jackson-and-veronica.jpg  
Old 03-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini15235
Gave our new beauty a bath and Bannana Gloss waxing right after I woke up and had my morning coffee.

"Jackson" posed for a shot by the MINI before the wife and I head out to a winery run on Saturday. I'm not much of a winery kinda guy, but I figured I better pamper her a little before she sees the boxes arrive and realizes I spent $1000+ on an exhaust and intake .......and the car is only 2 weeks old.

Jackson is gonna be upset when he finds out he doesnt get to go to MOTD
Haha your dog looks like he should be a bouncer outside a club.. How many times has he gotten to ride in the new mini?

Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
He hasn't got to ride any, he gets all excited and would be all over that interior.....I still haven't even made the first payment!

My kids are lucky they get to sit in it...LOL...although my 19 year old daughter thinks Dad is mean for not letting her drive it.....kids these days.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini15235
He hasn't got to ride any, he gets all excited and would be all over that interior.....I still haven't even made the first payment!

My kids are lucky they get to sit in it...LOL...although my 19 year old daughter thinks Dad is mean for not letting her drive it.....kids these days.
Lol I know how your daughter feels last year my mom wouldn't even let me be a passenger in here new Mazda. So I told her she won't be able to ride in my new car when I get it.. Too bad she is planning tons of trips to go on in my new car. She gonna be mighty disappointed to find out she will also not be aloud to be a passenger in my car for the first month. But hey I'll probably give in.. She did put up with me for almost 20 years + the 9 months. But enough with my ranting are you gonna get one of those dog blanket things that cover up your boot so you can gi e Jackson some rides in your new baby... Actually you should look into getting a seatbelt for jackson so he
can also enjoy the bends

Old 03-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Laardilla21
4th Gear
+1 on the doggy seat belt....haha...

I will also say that if your daughter can drive a stick shift, then she gets 10 points from me towards getting to drive the MINI. I still have to teach the girlfriend how to drive a stick shift. I thought that learning to drive a stick shift was like essential?? Haha.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Laardilla21
+1 on the doggy seat belt....haha...

I will also say that if your daughter can drive a stick shift, then she gets 10 points from me towards getting to drive the MINI. I still have to teach the girlfriend how to drive a stick shift. I thought that learning to drive a stick shift was like essential?? Haha.
I wish I could have gotten a stick but i would thank myself later on when I'm in traffic... I was driving a stick for a week while my car was in the shop.. I was in 1st gear most of the time.. It sucked

Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM
toxictv
2nd Gear
I live near the Dragon, I really should go soon =D

Old 03-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Larry, I'll be up in Chucktown next Thursday (24th) at 0800 getting a new thermostat (sigh) if you would like to do lunch or some such.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Laardilla21
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
Larry, I'll be up in Chucktown next Thursday (24th) at 0800 getting a new thermostat (sigh) if you would like to do lunch or some such.
A new thermostat already?? Geesh. Maybe MINI of Charleston will have their separate MINI service area open then. They have been working on that for ages. I drive by it every morning going to class. I only live a stone's throw from the dealership.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
Sorry Mel.....but i have trainiing on Wed and Thurs next week.....then im off for 8 days!...woo hoooo.

I can't believe you have to drive so far for service... I feel spoiled that Flow MINI is in my patrol district. I told my salesman to treat me nice because i often write my reports in their parking lot and check on all the sleeping "babies."
LoL

Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Laardilla21
4th Gear
So, it looks like I will be staying in Robbinsville at the Simple Life Campground for MOTD.....sweet!...

I cannot wait for campfires and MINIs!

Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Melangell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Laardilla21
So, it looks like I will be staying in Robbinsville at the Simple Life Campground for MOTD.....sweet!...

I cannot wait for campfires and MINIs!
Hmmm, we might have to visit. We'll be staying at the Robbinsville Microtel

Old 03-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Laardilla21
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Melangell
Hmmm, we might have to visit. We'll be staying at the Robbinsville Microtel

Go for it! I saw someone post on the lodging site, here on NAM, that they were looking to camp for the Dragon event, and found us a great place. They also have "cabins" for $41 a night. I use quotes because they are a single room with power, heat/AC, and a bed. It is a good combo of normal camping and civilization. They do not have bathrooms, but they have a brand new bathhouse and whatnot on site. It looks really nice.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Whistler NC
2nd Gear
Laardilla,

My MOTD trip excitement just went up a notch!! I installed my NM cat back exhaust this morning and it sounds awesome .

Who says you cant take a saw zaw to a brand new car with only 749 miles on it

Perfect blend of deep throaty rumble, burbles and no drone at 60-70 when in 6th gear. Bluetooth and HK still sound amazing, which was my biggest fear.

Yesterday I painted the brake calipers with G2 from the Tire Rack and they came out great. Still loving the MINI...

Lets get April here!!

L

Attached Thumbnails New 2011 MCS Owner...going to Minis on the Dragon in MAY!!-exhaust.jpg   New 2011 MCS Owner...going to Minis on the Dragon in MAY!!-brakes-painted.jpg  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:10 AM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Looks like I'm bailing on my '11 MCS. It got seriously delayed by the trucking company which was just enough time for me to start getting cold feet and pre-buyers remorse. The extra cash out of pocket after the insurance check was just the straw the broke the camels back. It came in this morning and my MA texted me a pic but the thrill is just gone. I'm going to start the search for a 2006 MCS and see what I can find. Hopefully I'll find something I like in time for the Dragon. We'll be there regardless with my husband's new CM.
Annette

Quick Reply: New 2011 MCS Owner...going to Minis on the Dragon in MAY!!