1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 AM
deernerak
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Question

I'm sure this is going to sound like a 'duh' question to most of the world, but if I knew the answer I wouldn't be asking. I just got my first MINI - used 2008 from my local dealer. It has the basic, no frills radio. Recently my son drove the car and when I got it back found he had changed the radio from FM to AM. Now try as I might I can't figure out how to get it back. I'm getting a little sick of Sean Hannity and some of his idiot followers. I've even checked the owners manual and still can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone please help me? Thanks, Karen

Old 03-06-2011, 11:29 AM
unibus_driver
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Left side there is a button labeled FM AM. Try pushing it and see what happens.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:34 AM
klricks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by deernerak
I'm sure this is going to sound like a 'duh' question to most of the world, but if I knew the answer I wouldn't be asking. I just got my first MINI - used 2008 from my local dealer. It has the basic, no frills radio. Recently my son drove the car and when I got it back found he had changed the radio from FM to AM. Now try as I might I can't figure out how to get it back. I'm getting a little sick of Sean Hannity and some of his idiot followers. I've even checked the owners manual and still can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone please help me? Thanks, Karen
Here is the instruction card.
http://75.95.181.105:86/MINI/Radio.jpg

Old 03-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Suzanne's Chili Red S
4th Gear
I'll bet Sean could change it back to FM! (couldn't resist!)

Old 03-06-2011, 03:32 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Originally Posted by deernerak
Not normally a good thing to say when everyone here is part of the full spectrum of political views. I'm not but one could say that Sean Hannity and his "idiot followers" may call you an idiot for know knowing how to change between AM and FM on you radio.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ftttuhzbmcs
Not normally a good thing to say when everyone here is part of the full spectrum of political views. I'm not but one could say that Sean Hannity and his "idiot followers" may call you an idiot for know knowing how to change between AM and FM on you radio.
i was just about to say. that he wasnt in a good position to be calling anyone an idiot

Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 PM
deernerak
Neutral
Radio Question

Thanks all for the help. And for what it's worth, I apologize for my Sean Hannity comment - I believe it was my frustration coming out. I'm used to having jabbing conversations with my son, the talk radio follower - our family covers the whole spectrum. Of course I have my own 'idiot moments.'

I did finally get the FM back just by pushing buttons. I don't have an 'AM/FM' button - but I've printed the instruction card so hopefully I'll be able to handle it the next time.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Suzanne's Chili Red S
4th Gear
Congrats on the MINI!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:39 PM
deernerak
Neutral
Thanks Suzanne - it's my 'mid-life crisis' car. And thanks for not being offended by my Hannity comment - or at least not chastising me for it. Not the first time I've had my foot in my mouth.

BTW, It's Royal Blue with Racing Stripes - Love it!