1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heyyo

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Espada
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heyyo

How's it going ladies and gents.?

I have been doing some major lurking 'round these parts, as well as motoringfile.com, after driving my little brother's new to him (used) 2007 Laser Blue R56 MCSm that he picked up a month and some change ago. His car is clean as hell, mechanically perfect, and he got it for an awesome price. He wanted me to drive it, and I knew that I was going to like it, but HOLY CRAP(!) was it fun. Now I have little Minis running around inside my head!

I currently have a 2009 Acura TL Super Handling AWD. I won't lie, it is an great car, and the aft differential in that car is obviously made of majic. The thing is, it is rather numb to drive. Worse yet, it is has an automatic transmission. Automatics suck. A lot. I thought I could live with it because I could get my kicks on my motorcycle, but... I found to my horror, automTics suck more than anything.

With that, I am looking real hard at a John Cooper Works hardtop. My only concern is that I do not want to pick up a 2011 JCW, only to have MY2012 JCW cars roll off the line with some sort of significant improvement (like Vanos on the Cooper S cars, for example). Thoughts from the motoring crew?

Oh yeah, I am thinking:
-Solid BRG II/silver bonnet stripes/black rims
-BRG II/White roof/white bonnet stripes/silver rims
-MB/CR roof/JCW stripes/black rims

What say you all?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
If you keep waiting for the next improvements, you'll never get your car. Just go for it like I did. If something really cool comes out next year, wait until the bugs are out of it then decide if its worth trading in for.

Buck

Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
If you're financially in a spot to take the plunge now, go in headfirst. Once the MINI bug bites it's nearly impossible to wait it out. Last summer I told myself I was gonna wait til this summer/fall to order a new MINI. Then I started searching AutoTrader in Sept. "just for fun", and found a brilliant first gen S. The rest is history.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Espada
1st Gear
Thank you for the responses. There is definitely something about the Mini JCW that speaks to me. I would hate to put down a good chunk of change, only for the mothership to drop a new model speeder the within half a year's time.

That said, from what I have seen the next thing is going to be a JCW WRC homogulation car. I am not looking for that.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:48 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just do it.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Espada
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Just do it.

Much appreciated

I am probably going to get a Midnight Black with Chili Red roof set up. I want my car to match my Ducati. Yes, I am freaking dork.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:31 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am IN LOVE with that color combo! Hot.