1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You said John cooper what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Fuel_Cap
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You said John cooper what?

Hey there! Just bought a 2010 JCW hatch! For a few weeks I have looked over Internet and drove back and forth the 2hours that separates me from the biggest city around(no mini dealer in my area). Actually, I was searching for a nice 2006 jcw And found a great example with only 7000 miles... But the lack of the factory warranty had me doubt... I met a guy who owns and operate an independent mini garage and he ended up with me at the dealership... After he negotiates the price for me, I ended up paying the price of a mildly equipped Cooper s for a fully loaded JCW( last 2010 in stock)! Wow, what a car! I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow if wheater is good... Anyway, I'm leaving V8 world for fun and fuel economy...this might be what ecofriendly is all about, who knows?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Congratulations! Awesome score.
Post pics!
Annette

Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ka-ching!!! Welcome to the fold and congratulations!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
MCSfanboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Fuel_Cap
Anyway, I'm leaving V8 world for fun and fuel economy...this might be what ecofriendly is all about, who knows?
Welcome to NAM and the world of hot hatches. You'll find the performance of these little cars rather addicting, yet the versatility and day-to-day drivability is on the practical side.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
your gonna love it.. have you already gotten it and have it home with you?

Old 03-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Fuel_Cap
1st Gear

Here it is...my new ride!!! Supposed to pick it up tonight at the dealership... After my 2 hours drive back home, she's going to sleep until the snow diappear for good!!!(Wheather has been good the last 2 days) She has factory aero pkg, comfort pkg, punch leather, chrome line interior, harman/kardon 10 speaker stereo, media connect pkg,...I probably forgot to mention a few other accessories... I've asked them to add the black stipes on the hood...That will be a surprise when I get there later today!!!

Last edited by Fuel_Cap; 03-09-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:59 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
Sweet

Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Ghostpedal
1st Gear
That's a really nice JCW! Welcome and happy motoring!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:15 AM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
One of the nicest that I have seen..........

Old 03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Fuel_Cap
1st Gear
Thank you all for your great comments...! I'm leaving in a moment to go get my new baby and the stupid wheather is changing, If I'm lucky, I'll be back before it snows again!!!(I need at least 5 or 5 ½hours!!! ) Keep you all posted!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Thank you all for your great comments...! I'm leaving in a moment to go get my new baby and the stupid wheather is changing, If I'm lucky, I'll be back before it snows again!!!(I need at least 5 or 5 ½hours!!! ) Keep you all posted!
hes gonna have the best drive home of his life

Old 03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent color

Congratulations on your new buddy.

It looks great.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Fuel_Cap
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
hes gonna have the best drive home of his life
Probably but finaly, it will wait for a few days... As I was about to leave home, the dealership called to say that it was snowing in their area so we reschedule for next week ... As I said earlier, I live 2hours away from the nearest MINI dealership; I'm not sure driving back 2hours in a snowstorm on non-winter tire would have been the right thing to do...I still have to be patient!!!(I cleaned the garage instead to make it more comfortable for her when she will make the ride home

Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
MCSfanboy
4th Gear
I'm not sure driving back 2hours in a snowstorm on non-winter tire would have been the right thing to do...I still have to be patient!!!
I think you did the right thing. I once rode in a Porsche Cayenne in a Kansas snowstorm that came from south Texas with summer tires. The thing felt like it had slicks driving on snot --not safe!

Your JCW is absolutely beautiful. I really like the JCW wheels and painted moldings .

Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
i wouldnt have been able to wait i would have gone to the dealer and slept in the car lol

Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 PM
theromulus
2nd Gear
Nice ride congrats!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Fuel_Cap
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
i wouldnt have been able to wait i would have gone to the dealer and slept in the car lol
I asked them but they laughed at me... Seriously, it will save me the trouble to wash it after driving it back home !!!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
did you pick it up today??^^

Old 03-11-2011, 04:32 AM
buckland
3rd Gear
You know our Canadian winters, can be brutal. But if you will get what we are getting, it will soon turn to rain, but in your area it might be freezing rain. I dislike that even more than snow, so you may have to give it another day. I used to live in Montreal and I know how unpredictable the weather can be. It snowed three feet on my sister's birthday one year - May 10 !

Buck

Old 03-11-2011, 05:33 AM
R56 Wi MINI
3rd Gear
Congrats Fuel_Cap. Cannot wait to see pics of her in your garage!!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Fuel_Cap
1st Gear
Probably going to pick it up monday... Just have to see the wheather... Damn wheather...It snowed yesterday then it turned into freezing rain...Now it is clouwdy... I'll wait untill next week...

Old 03-11-2011, 09:59 AM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Same happened to me...waited one week between snow storms. Its worth it when you get it though.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the car. Given where you live, and without winter tires, it's not worth the ride home (or the ticket the QC police will give you). It looks great though! Have fun on your 2 hour drive home.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Fuel_Cap
1st Gear
Originally Posted by NJ Mini
Congrats on the car. Given where you live, and without winter tires, it's not worth the ride home (or the ticket the QC police will give you). It looks great though! Have fun on your 2 hour drive home.
Not that many people will bother here but actually, you have something like 10 days from the moment you buy the car to put on your winter tire so I would legally have the right to drive it but I won't take any chance to damage the car since I don't have to drive it everyday...
Plus I think the obligation to use winter tire ends march 15th... And to all of you already driving your MINI, well... Enjoy it for me!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
I had lots of Big V-8 and the MINI is just a blast. 29MPG on the road and passing 500HP Mustangs on the track. I was in the snow heading to Thunder Hill and the Dunlop RF's did ok in the cold. Under 30 I lost almost all confidence in them and treated her like I was on ice. Was greasy but did fine but the snow was not sticking much. More just slushy. At first I was like the exhaust is weak and will need to be replaced. A tune and track time plus 3000 miles and it is just right. Broke in well. The Tune can be a bit of a handfull on the street as she really wants to go and gets better mileage if pushed hard from what I can see. Get it on track to see what it really will do and you will be hooked. AutoX wa starting this weekend but I heading for the mountains ont he sled. Can not get excited about running cones after being on the track that last couple of months. Was thinking about buying a full blown MINI race car but have decided a few mods like harness, tune etc and I am good to go. I did time in 2006 Challange Car all set up. My 2011 in way faster and has better brakes stock than the race car. Slicks and the suspension made the racer stick and rotate like crazy. You had to look for the next corner out of the side windows. Stock it tracks great and then can cruise 650 mile home the next day getting 29MPG and riding nice and smooth.

Quick Reply: You said John cooper what?