1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member Needs Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 PM
ballyrick
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New Member Needs Assistance

Hi Everyone,

Not only am I a brand new member but I have not as yet purchased my new Mini.

The most pressing outstanding issue involves the "suspension options" available for the 2011 JCW Hardtop. I have always been a performance buff, no matter what cars I owned in the past twenty five years.

No one at the dealer, either in sales or service, nor at Mini Customer Care is able to give me a detailed description of what is included in the "Performance" (stock) Suspension for the JCW hardtop or a description of the enhancements available with the stiffer "Sport" suspension option and the top of the line JCW Sport Suspension option.

Since these options are rather costly, it is impossible to make an educated decision, without knowing what you are buying. ie; larger sway bars, adjustable shocks, different bushings, stiffer springs etc. I also cannot tell if something called a
Suspension Cross-Brace is included in the JCW Sport Suspension option.

And of course, if you are unaware of whaqt you are paying for, how would you know whether it is on the car when delivered?

I would really appreciate some expert assistance and advise.

Thanks, Rick

Old 03-19-2011, 02:54 AM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the JCW Sport Suspension option has uprated struts with stiffer springs and larger front sway bar and oem "Sport" rear sway bar.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:30 AM
ballyrick
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New Member, RE: Suspension/Paint

Thank you for your two prompt responses. Any idea what the difference is between the JCW Sport Suspension and the other Sport Suspension option which is about $800 cheaper?

Other than a larger diameter on the front bar, do you know if the springs and shocks are really much better performing upgrades?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:42 AM
burntpeaks
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ballyrick
Hi Everyone,

Not only am I a brand new member but I have not as yet purchased my new Mini.

The most pressing outstanding issue involves the "suspension options" available for the 2011 JCW Hardtop. I have always been a performance buff, no matter what cars I owned in the past twenty five years.

No one at the dealer, either in sales or service, nor at Mini Customer Care is able to give me a detailed description of what is included in the "Performance" (stock) Suspension for the JCW hardtop or a description of the enhancements available with the stiffer "Sport" suspension option and the top of the line JCW Sport Suspension option.

Since these options are rather costly, it is impossible to make an educated decision, without knowing what you are buying. ie; larger sway bars, adjustable shocks, different bushings, stiffer springs etc. I also cannot tell if something called a
Suspension Cross-Brace is included in the JCW Sport Suspension option.

And of course, if you are unaware of whaqt you are paying for, how would you know whether it is on the car when delivered?

I would really appreciate some expert assistance and advise.

Thanks, Rick
I have a 2011 JCW and opted not to do the sport suspension. I had a 2008 MCCS with sport suspension and while it was not the JCW sport suspension, I was underwhelmed. I actually prefer the stock suspension on my new JCW. I think you would probably be better off doing your own suspension with hand-picked parts from 3rd party vendors (that way you can fine-tune exactly what kind of ride you want). Here is a link to some options from a place I like...http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop.../2-suspension/