1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polar Beige Gravity Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 PM
MMXI
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polar Beige Gravity Leather

I'm looking to order the Polar Beige Gravity Leather, but my advisor informs me that it is not a popular choice. I'm wondering: why? Can someone offer some remarks in this regard? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:29 PM
RadioFlyer
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MMXI
I'm looking to order the Polar Beige Gravity Leather, but my advisor informs me that it is not a popular choice. I'm wondering: why? Can someone offer some remarks in this regard? Thanks in advance.
Probably because he's afraid if you renig on the order he'll bet stuck with it.

I think it's a nice look. it is light, but it's a nice neutral color. team it with the anthricite headliner and it should look really nice!

Old 03-19-2011, 07:02 PM
billcalle
Neutral
I ordered my White Silver convertible at the beginning of February (still waiting on delivery) with the Polar Beige Gravity Leather and my MA said he didn't even know that was an option. Apparently I'm the first person that's ever ordered that option through my dealership (Crevier MINI, so they are a big dealership). I don't know what it will look like in person but it looks awesome on the configurator. I like it so I'm not to concerned about what the next owner thinks. I seriously doubt it will have an impact on resale, I just think that I'll never make back what I put into it for leather seats. Apparently most people opt for leatherette.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 PM
MMXI
1st Gear
Good thoughts!

I'm excited about the nice contrast the leather will provide for the racing green II. The headliner is not something I thought about, and I appreciate the idea--thanks. Also, I'm thinking leather will actually increase value in the long run if it is maintained properly. I appreciate the replies and I will post further after meeting with the dealer this Thursday. Regards.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 AM
CaptainSteve
2nd Gear
I have the Polar leather in my Spice Orange MCS. I LOVE the way the lightens up the interior, and provides a great contrast to the rest of the black. I bought mine off the lot, and my dealer had a few other MINIs w/ the Polar Leather, so clearly they thought they'd sell.

I hadn't noticed at first but they way mine was configured, only the seats are Beige, the arm rests and rest of door panels are still black, which I really like. If your configuring your own you may want to look at various options on the panels/interior colors, and see what you like best. Had I not seen/had this config now, I probably wouldn't have changed the interior fomr the default int he configurator, but I like the look in mine much better. Guess that's why MINI allows sooooooooo many config options

My only worry initially was that the light color of the leather may show dirt easier, just means I have to keep it

Old 03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Dakoda
1st Gear
I have the polar beige and love it! Pictures in this post.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...e-from-az.html

Old 03-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Bigprfed22
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sweet color combo, i love light interiors!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
MMXI
1st Gear
The interior photos confirm my thoughts about Polar Beige Gravity Leather and British Racing Green II. Thanks for sharing!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:09 AM
alrauer
2nd Gear
My CM is on order, and I'm agonizing over changing to the polar beige leather, rather than the leatherette. I had the leatherette in my 07 MC, and loved the durability, but always felt sweaty. I love the look of the light color, and think it would be much cooler this summer. Just not sure I want to commit to the maintenance that comes with leather... ugh, what to do...

Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
I had that color on my Jaguar....now I'm fastidious about keep my cars clean but however hard I tried, after about 18 months the beige colored leather never looked good. I cleaned it regularly and used the best leather conditioner but however hard I tried the creases in the leather would show up and it always looked pretty shabby. I now have a black leather interior and it looks great all the time. Personally I wouldn't buy another car with a light interior leather....yes it looks wonderful but on closer inspection over time.....
Philip

Old 03-24-2011, 06:24 PM
MMXI
1st Gear
Leather over Time = Fine Wine

OK, so the title is corny. My point is that the look of creased leather on old MG and Porsche cars is a cool symbol of longevity and character--and I believe it might be for the MINI, too.

I visited Crown Mini in Richmond again today. We are negotiating the final price . . . I'm sticking to my budget!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
MMXI
1st Gear
Leather is Complicated

So, Crown MINI has my car on deck with all the options I desire (plus some), but the leather is the Lounge Leather Green. I'm looking for comments!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:06 PM
MaybeMCSC
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
surprising that your dealer says that that the polar beige is rare - I'm amazed at how popular it appears to be at my dealer. Can't imagine keeping it clean.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:22 PM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MMXI
So, Crown MINI has my car on deck with all the options I desire (plus some), but the leather is the Lounge Leather Green. I'm looking for comments!
I think that in the long run you'll be happier with the green.....who are you dealing with at CROWN....Alex Utz?
Philip

Old 03-25-2011, 04:35 PM
MMXI
1st Gear
Congratulations to Heathcliff on finding you, MaybeMCSC!
Minilla, I'm working with Tim Stapler. He is most helpful!