1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 15 2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI OL is showing "Waiting for Transport"! That was quicker than I expected. Our VIN is still not showing up on the WW site though. The Toledo leaves SH on the 26th so I guess we have plenty of time to wait for the VIN to show. It doesn't look like K-Line sails to Port Hueneme.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Congratulations!
That is kinda strange that the VIN isn't showing up. I guess they just miss sending updated information to that site for some reason. My VIN number showed up the day it went into Production.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car is in the bodyshop! So guessing its got just a couple more days till completion.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by nykwan
My car is in the bodyshop! So guessing its got just a couple more days till completion.
Where do you see that? OL still says Scheduled for Production for me but as far as I know it went into production on Tuesday.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
I think you need to call 1 866 ask mini to get more detailed info from a live person. I haven't actually tried it yet because mine just started production on Tuesday too. It's not going to get too far down the assembly line til this weekend probably.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:18 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Sammer
Congratulations!
That is kinda strange that the VIN isn't showing up. I guess they just miss sending updated information to that site for some reason. My VIN number showed up the day it went into Production.
Thanks! To clarify, my VIN has showed on the MINI OL site around the time it went into production. Where I am not seeing it yet is on the WW shipping site.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:35 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
Where do you see that? OL still says Scheduled for Production for me but as far as I know it went into production on Tuesday.
yeah, like sammer mentioned I called ASKMINI and talked to the live person. the website seems slow to update.
Mine went into production last Friday and then stayed at that status till today. So yours might not move to bodyshop till Sunday or Monday.

But I've been calling them everyday since it went into production hoping to hear something new. :D

Actually do they work on weekends? If not, my car might be done but will sit there all weekend instead of getting ready to ship out. :(

Last edited by nykwan; 04-14-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
I'm pretty sure they work 24/7 so hopefully they're all happy this weekend while they work on our MINIs.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
I'm pretty sure they work 24/7 so hopefully they're all happy this weekend while they work on our MINIs.
Haha..yeah, I saw that my car was looking like it was going to be built and assembled at the end of the week, and I was cringing. Hopefully all that end of the week car being built badly stuff is just an urban legend. :(

Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Thanks! To clarify, my VIN has showed on the MINI OL site around the time it went into production. Where I am not seeing it yet is on the WW shipping site.
Wow, that's different. You're MINI's a bit ahead of mine so I'm not familiar with the tracking for the ships yet. You should have yours in no time!

Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Haha..yeah, I saw that my car was looking like it was going to be built and assembled at the end of the week, and I was cringing. Hopefully all that end of the week car being built badly stuff is just an urban legend. :(
I hope so too. That probably only applies when Friday means "party time". If they work a 7 day week they probably all have different days off so maybe Friday doesn't have the same meaning.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:24 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
So I just did a little bit of RESEARCH

If my Mini is done by 21APR, and figure it takes 2 days to get to Southampton, so 23APR

I'll either be on:
----WW's PORGY, Depart Southampton 25APR, Arrive New York 04MAY... Have the keys before the 11th??
--or--
----WW's FIDELIO, Depart Southampton 02MAY, Arrive New York 12MAY... Have the keys before the 19th?

My last day of class is May 10th and I have a final on May 18th, either way I'll be celebrating!

Old 04-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Thanks for doing that research NavyNUKE. I'm thinking my MINI is on about the same production schedule as yours so it will probably be on one of those ships too. This is very exciting!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Wow, that's different. You're MINI's a bit ahead of mine so I'm not familiar with the tracking for the ships yet. You should have yours in no time!
If by no time you mean another 5 weeks, then yes!
Still got 12 days til it gets on a ship, then 3 weeks at sea, then to the dealer, etc.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Aah, I guess the West Coast does take a bit longer.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:31 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Haha yeaa, us Northeasters get lucky, New York is the second stop after Southampton for most of the ships, West coasters have to stop somewhere in the south then cross through the Panama Canal and back up to Cali!

Hah

Old 04-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Stranger in the alps
1st Gear
In the paint shop! Scheduled to be through production today.

Thanks to folks and resources on this site I've been able to track the production and 'watch' it roll through the process--my MA is absolutely no help and I never received any sort of info from him on how the process works or the great resources to track the progress, other than "it'll take 6-8 weeks." I wish he didn't stand between me and my MINI b/c I really don't want to have to deal with him any longer!

Old 04-14-2011, 02:02 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Stranger in the alps
In the paint shop! Scheduled to be through production today.

Thanks to folks and resources on this site I've been able to track the production and 'watch' it roll through the process--my MA is absolutely no help and I never received any sort of info from him on how the process works or the great resources to track the progress, other than "it'll take 6-8 weeks." I wish he didn't stand between me and my MINI b/c I really don't want to have to deal with him any longer!
I guess mine is waiting for yours to move out of the paintshop before it can get in there!

Old 04-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Stranger in the alps
1st Gear
IMidnight Black/Chili Red roof/mirrors
Considering that mine has exactly the opposite color scheme, you'd think they could almost do them at the same time!

Old 04-14-2011, 02:49 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Stranger in the alps
Considering that mine has exactly the opposite color scheme, you'd think they could almost do them at the same time!
Hahah...true!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Wow! I just checked for my VIN on the WW site and a ship that does not show on their schedule will be bringing our Clubbie over!

GBSOU902958 AURIGA LEADER 0020-AUL SOUTHAMPTON 17-04-2011 PORT HUENEME, CA 11-05-2011
So we will be getting our car a week earlier than I thought!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:38 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Congratulations SteelersFan!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:09 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
So I just did a little bit of RESEARCH

If my Mini is done by 21APR, and figure it takes 2 days to get to Southampton, so 23APR

I'll either be on:
----WW's PORGY, Depart Southampton 25APR, Arrive New York 04MAY... Have the keys before the 11th??
--or--
----WW's FIDELIO, Depart Southampton 02MAY, Arrive New York 12MAY... Have the keys before the 19th?

My last day of class is May 10th and I have a final on May 18th, either way I'll be celebrating!
Oh man...I hope it makes it on PORGY...otherwise, that's a long delay for your Mini to just sit at port, along with other Minis.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:01 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Wow! I just checked for my VIN on the WW site and a ship that does not show on their schedule will be bringing our Clubbie over!

So we will be getting our car a week earlier than I thought!!!
Like I said, people should check their VIN on the WW site daily because their car might be loaded on a ship that is not on the WW schedule.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
danglow1
1st Gear
Yeahhhhhh. Just checked the WW site and Sadie is on board the Independence II scheduled to arrive April 28 in Baltimore. Made my day. Now I can track her trip to America!! Maybe I will actually have her earlier than estimated. Still has to get her strips and mudflapps but the end is in sight. I'm stoked!!

Quick Reply: Production Week 15 2011