1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 15 2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:42 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Production Week 15 2011

So how many of you are scheduled for production Week 15 (10APR-16APR)??

I know it's still early (my production number still has a different MINI listed) but I'm still FREAKING excited!

This will be my first BRAND NEW car purchase and I just want it to be here already (not to mention I'll probably be finishing finals around the same time )

For now I just sit and wait, my specs are in my signature

<<< Me!

Last edited by NavyNUKE; 04-06-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Moved to first gear so you can catch more folks that are joining up with NAM after placing their order.

The wait is long but worth it!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:11 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Cool, thanks!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count us in. When I first got my production number I was told week 14 but was quickly bumped to 15. No problem! It's in production, have our VIN (this is my wife's Clubbie) and the car will be completed on 4/12! We're on our third MINI and very excited! We should be ready to catch the Toledo on 4/26 to Port Hueneme unless there's another boat coming sooner that I haven't found yet. See sig for specs of all three...

Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Doesn't that make you a week 14'er? Nice specs, the CM are growing on me the more I see them but still to big for me =P

Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
There's actually only one thing I'm NOT excited for about my MINI...... I'm gonna have to get one of those F'UGLY yellow New York License plates :'(

Old 04-06-2011, 11:57 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
I'm not sure if I'm actually week 15 or not. I got an email just the other day saying there's a confirmed production date of April 16 and that it should be the day its done and awaiting transport. But I've also been told by some friends that the MA is wrong and that the production date is should be the date it goes into production. So I really dont' know who really is right and which week I really am.
But I ordered March12 and got a production# right away. I took one of the allocated slots for April production and thought mine would go into production April 1, but I'm still not in production yet. And was told that its cause they only build JCWs once a month.
This wait is killing me, esp since my wait seems to be a little longer than for the average Mini buyer.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
Looks like I might be a Week 16 car. ASKMINI just confirmed that my car is in production right now! I forgot to ask what the official week # of my car is, but unless there's a delay, it'll be done by the 16th.
So my MA was correct and the production date is the estimated date of completion, and not the date that the car goes into production that people have been telling me it is.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by NavyNUKE
Doesn't that make you a week 14'er? Nice specs, the CM are growing on me the more I see them but still to big for me =P
I'm not sure but am going on what my MA told me. Either way the car will be done on 4/12.

Also, I just got word this morning that it's in the paint shop, so we're making progress!!!

Old 04-08-2011, 12:06 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Is the Week#, the week you go into production? Or finish?

Old 04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
danglow1
1st Gear
My MCCm,Royal gray, white roof,white racing strips is at Port Bremerhaven waiting to be assigned a ship. Ordered 3/14, scheduled for production 3/28, awaiting transport 4/6 according to info on Owners lounge. Called and talked to mini customer rep did not have any additional info nor my MA other than it had been released to port for shipping. How do some customers have so much more detail? It's driving me crazy. The Taiko departs today from that Port but I don't think my Sadie will be on board, not listed when checked the cargo ID. Hopefully will be on the Independence ll which is the next ship that leaves for Baltimore on April 14 and arrives April 28. My MA is hoping for a June 1st delivery which was the estimated date of arrival when I ordered it. Seemed like it was moving thru the system quickly and delivery would be earlier than promised. Waiting is torture.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:44 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
aw man, i think I have it wrong :( lol I thought production number was when it starts production

Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
aw man, i think I have it wrong :( lol I thought production number was when it starts production
You weren't the only one who thought that. Several people who own Minis told me my MA was wrong too with what my production date was supposed to be. Only her and my friend who owned a BMW told me it is the day its suppsoed to be finsihed. everyone else said its the date for start of production.

I kinda think they must be sometimes telling people the day it starts production too. Cause some people told me thats the only date they got before, and they were told specifically thats the date production starts on their car. But sometimes they tell people the finished with production date, cause this date is the only date I've gotten out of them so far. Strange.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
amanda@alexandermini
Former Vendor
When we look at the build out on the MINI it tells us the date production was started and then the build date is the date is was completed.

Your build week is given when the production number is assigned sometimes they change and sometimes they go in early it all depends on the time of year and how many priority 1 MINIs are going throug the line at that time as well.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:46 PM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
I seee.. so then I am in BUILD Week 15, as my MA told me.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:13 PM
nykwan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by amanda@alexandermini
When we look at the build out on the MINI it tells us the date production was started and then the build date is the date is was completed.

Your build week is given when the production number is assigned sometimes they change and sometimes they go in early it all depends on the time of year and how many priority 1 MINIs are going throug the line at that time as well.
Then I still really have no idea what my build week is cause I ordered on Mar12, and had a production# right away cause we used one of the April allocation spots. And they told me that it was supposed to go to production April 1, but that date came and went, and my car still wasnt' in production.

And noone could get any dates till just a few days ago, when my MA got "the factory confirmed production date of April 16" which I was told is the date mine is going to be finished. And ASKMINI confirmed that today cause they said my car is in production today. But other Mini owner's all told me that when they were given a production date, it didnt' mean that for their car and it actually meant the date their car went into production. So I guess people are using that same term to mean different dates.

But I'm just happy my car is getting made right now! The last 4 weeks wait was hard, but this next 4 weeks is goign to be excruciating cause there's an actual car out there now.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by amanda@alexandermini

Everyone, meet my MA...

Amanda! ^^

Hi Amanda. Thanks for keeping me regularly updated on our Clubbie and for posting great inside info for everyone.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:15 AM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
SteelersFan

I enjoyed the pictures you posted several years ago from your port tour. It was so awesome that you got to sit in your car at the port. I see you followed Amanda over to Nick Alexander. Amanda is an awesome MA.

During these past several months, MINI has been putting cars on ships that are not even on the ship schedule (not K-Line). I advise all you guys to check the WW tracking website on a daily basis to see which ship your car is loaded on.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
SteelersFan

I enjoyed the pictures you posted several years ago from your port tour. It was so awesome that you got to sit in your car at the port. I see you followed Amanda over to Nick Alexander. Amanda is an awesome MA.

During these past several months, MINI has been putting cars on ships that are not even on the ship schedule (not K-Line). I advise all you guys to check the WW tracking website on a daily basis to see which ship your car is loaded on.
Wow, I feel somewhat famous!

Thanks. Yes, that was almost 2 years ago when my S came in. It was a lot of fun going to the port. I'm considering a return visit to see the Clubbie come in. I missed seeing the cars coming off the ship the first time and would love to see that. It's almost time to see if schedules line up for that.

And I agree, Amanda is awesome! She takes VERY good care of us.

That week 19, 2009 thread was awesome! We even put a movie together of the screenshots of the boat going through the canal, complete with music.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 PM
UAL_Kingpin
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Wow, I feel somewhat famous!
When I was helping my friend do research in 2009, I saw your post and the pictures you took. My friend ordered her Clubman through Amanda after many positive comments here on NAM.

One thing has changed since you last tracked your MINI car back in 2009. There is now live AIS data for the entire length of the Panama Canal on Marine Traffic. Your ship will spend a night on the east coast of Panama (Colon) before entering the canal the next day.

People can start stalking their ship in Bremerhaven. Here is a link to the webcam.

http://www.blg.de/uploads/webcams/m4test.jpg

Old 04-12-2011, 10:22 AM
amanda@alexandermini
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by UAL_Kingpin
SteelersFan

Thanks guys for the kind words! I had a lot of fun working with Lynn and you on lynns order for Cookie Monster! I hope you are enjoying your new MINI as much as lynn is hers!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
NavyNUKE
5th Gear
Mine is going through the line as we speak!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
nykwan
4th Gear
Mine is going through the line as we speak!
Lucky you! ASKMINI now has my est date pushed back from the 16th to the18th now. :( So looks like i might be week 16 now. I'm going nuts with the waiting since its already been over a month since I ordered.

Last edited by nykwan; 04-12-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:27 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Got word from Amanda that our car was completed this morning and will be making it's way to the port!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
I'm not sure what production week I am (either 15 or 16) but I found out yesterday that my MINI is in production now and is scheduled to be finished on April 20. I think knowing that it's being built actually makes the waiting harder...

Last edited by Sammer; 04-13-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Production Week 15 2011