1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placing Order on Monday...intro post and question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 PM
OneTraveler
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Placing Order on Monday...intro post and question

Been lurking on the forums as I was deciding on my ride...finally placing order on Monday...dealer has build slots starting the 11th. Awesome.

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I'm sure I'll be around a while (and many have said that it's good to make a post here before you go too hog wild). I'm Matt and I live in Alaska...going to be buying my car (details below) from a dealer in Missouri and drive it back to AK this summer. I'll be sure to post a ride report for that trip...it'll me a nice long journey for me to get acquainted with the vehicle (not to mention some great scenery).

As for the ride selection, I'm going with the White/Black roof Countryman All4 with Connected/Winter Package (Alaska, remember?). Pretty happy with al the accessories I'm getting (no need to list them all here), plus the price...but the one that's got me wondering is NAV. Heard many mixed reviews...don't think I'll really use it all that much, so I may just enjoy the large screen for Connected. Thoughts?

Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, Matt! I have a friend up in Anchorage who said he never sees MINI Coopers, I guess Subarus and the like, are more popular for the winter weather. That drive back to Alaska sounds like it will be awesome!

MINI Connected seems to be an interesting user face, sometime soon when I go to the dealer I want to check it out but since I have an '05 I don't have all that fancy technology in it! (That I would love to have)

I guess the best bet would be to just try out the NAV yourself, on the trip home I have a feeling you are going to be very glad that you got it.