1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my Mini Cooper S today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Runner_Girl
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered my Mini Cooper S today!

Hello new motoring friends! I just ordered my MCS today. I will be a first time mini owner and I am simply giddy with excitement. You see, I have been driving a 1988 Honda CRX since, well, 1988!

My mini is chili red and I went crazy with options. Frankly, just having cup holders will be a luxury to me, so I went all out becasue I hope my mini is my next 24 year car! I have visited the owner's lounge and I am learning my way around here at NAM. Also trying to learn the mini lingo.

Happy to be here!

Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM
MADnFL
2nd Gear
Welcome! You've got the best and fastest color The waiting is the hardest part, but it will give you time to research the mods that you may do. FYI these are the funnest cars on the road.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Runner_Girl
Neutral
Thanks MADnFL! Every time I see a mini on the road, it makes me smile and the people driving a minis are always happy!

I went to "Review Order Details" in the Owner's Lounge and it shows all my specifications and options except for the Convenience Package. Should I be concerned?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Welcome to the wonderful world of MINI! Here is a little info for you just because you say you are learning. MINI in all caps is how the company is correctly spelled since BMW took over. Not all MINIs are "MINI Coopers". Cooper is a performance level like Cooper S and John Cooper Works. In the UK, their are two level below Cooper and they are First and One. The First and One are not Coopers because Cooper, from the beginning were performance versions. Because they were designed and mostly manufactured by the Brits, Brit lingo was mainly used in the Mini/MINI culture. As time goes on and BMW steers MINI away from its culture, Brit lingo, as well as Brit names for your MINI are getting few and far between. MINI, as cars are great but the great community that goes with it makes even that much better.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Btrthnezr3
Neutral
So I'm curious...what options did you choose?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:33 PM
MADnFL
2nd Gear
Any order concerns should be directed to your Motoring Assistant (MA). You can also call MINI yourself. Anyway, again, welcome to the wonderful world of MINI!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:35 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Convenience Package is missing from my owner's lounge list too. And at least one other person was missing it as well.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Sammer
2nd Gear
Congratulations! Did they tell you what week you're scheduled for production?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Runner_Girl
Neutral
My MA said that when my order was placed yesterday it was an update of a vehicle already in the cue and that sometimes the Order Details on the Owners Lounge takes anywhere from a couple of days to 2 weeks to update. He assured me that the car will be built to my specifications. In the meatime, i will keep checking the Owners Lounge to see when the Convenience Package shows up. Thanks all for your input!

Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 AM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Runner_Girl
In the meatime, i will keep checking the Owners Lounge to see when the Convenience Package shows up.
As far as I know it never will. Mine's on a boat and it's still not listed.

But it's definitely on my invoice.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Runner_Girl
Neutral
Originally Posted by Sammer
Congratulations! Did they tell you what week you're scheduled for production?
Just got back home from running the Boston Marathon and received great news from my MA! My baby's scheduled for production Week 18!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Derk
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Runner_Girl
I went to "Review Order Details" in the Owner's Lounge and it shows all my specifications and options except for the Convenience Package. Should I be concerned?
Your MA should have given you a copy of your Vehicle Inquiry Report. That'll have every option you chose. If it's not on there, get your MA to fix it before you go in to production!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Runner_Girl
Neutral
Originally Posted by Derk
Your MA should have given you a copy of your Vehicle Inquiry Report. That'll have every option you chose. If it's not on there, get your MA to fix it before you go in to production!
My MA gave me a copy of my Vehicle Inquiry Report and it shows all my options: chili red paint, leather punch carbon black upholstery, convenience package, cold weather package, premium package, automatic transmission, white bonnet stripes, white roof and mirrors, xenon headlights, center armrest, and MINI connected with navigation. She's a beauty!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:27 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Congrats from one Chili Red owner to another. Can't wait to see pictures.