1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini's Maiden Message

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:15 PM
las vegas lainie
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini's Maiden Message

Hello All- This is my maiden message. I bought a 2004 MC40 from the estate of a dear friend who passed away 3 years ago. 728/1000 still wih only 28,000 miles on it today! I am working on that.

When I bought it, it had a commemorative decal of the Monte Carlo rallye on the hood. It was dried, faded and cracked and I did not realize the significance of it and had it removed. Can it be replaced? Thanks

Old 04-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like you have a limited edition on your hands. http://www.mc40.com/

After some searching around...here is what I could find.

http://new.minimania.com/web/Item/NMX8637/InvDetail.cfm

Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 PM
las vegas lainie
Neutral
Thank you!

I swear I searched everywhere, including Mini Mania. I guess didn't enter the right search words.

Thanks so much!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Anything for a fellow MINI owner.

Oddly enough I actually came across these decals a few days ago when searching for something else.

Good luck.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
las vegas lainie
Neutral
Thanks

I appreciate that you took the time to let me know. Not everyone would do that. Your blue and white is very nice.I love my Mini. It is fun to drive and has a bit of a personal history. A good friend bought it new in 2004. He also flew gliders, had a Harley Screamin' Eagle and did some sky diving. He was a decorated WWII Green Beret Colonel who jumped at Normandy, the 50th and 60th anniversaries of that jump and was training for the 65th when he choked on a piece of steak and died. He was 87! His daughters wanted to sell it and I helped them alot with his estate so they made me a deal I couldn't refuse. I just didn't realize the importance of that decal. Now I can make it good as new. So that's Mini's story....thanks again.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
There is definitely a lot of history behind this car, wow! By the way, I actually am a licensed private pilot, odd coincidence that he flew gliders and sky dived!

Once you spend more and more time with your MINI then you will only fall more in love with it. If any more questions come up feel free to PM me or just post another thread. NAM is filled with many knowledgeable people.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:21 PM
las vegas lainie
Neutral
Amviv8

Hi again...Are you aware of AMVIV? A Mini Vacation In Vegas? Sin City Mini Club is hosting it at Palace Station in mid-May. I was looking at the list of attendees and am amazed at the number of east coast Mini's that will be here. You can check it out at http://www.amviv.com or on Facebook. That is the main reason I want to replace the missing MC40 decals. We will all be showing off our niely waxed babies! At last count there are over 300 people and over 250 Mini's. Maybe you are already on the list!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
I think that would be an awesome event to go but I'm in the stage of replaces a lot of worn out OEM parts on Gizmo so I am worried that something might fail on the long drive out there. Maybe next year I can try to come out! Have an awesome time at that event!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
las vegas lainie
Neutral
Amviv8

It is my first AMVIV but I have been involved volunteering to help and taking some of the test runs of the drives we have planned. I understand it is one of the biggest Mini events in the country. It must be the weather, not the location, you think? I hear that people attend alone, with spouses or others and make it a family vacation. For me, Palace Station is about 6 miles east! Thanks again for the help with the decals

Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
The weather is probably a big part of it, the last two runs I went on in Jersey it has rained both times! Please take lots of pictures!

And you're welcome, I hope they were what you were looking for.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 PM
las vegas lainie
Neutral
Amviv

My other favorite thing to do is take pictures so there will be plenty and the club will post some on Facebook. Sin City Mini Club. I will post some there too. elainefrazier129cox.net. Thanks again.