1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Gurrl

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:29 AM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Gurrl

Allo allo. I'm Dani and I'm from New England. I'm looking to possibly purchase a Cooper base as my new daily driver. The 2006-2008 seem to get the best gas mileage, so I'll probably be looking for those year models. I found a 2006 base with heated seats, navigation, really nice OEM wheels, sunroofs, and 2 tone interior. I don't know if this is some type of package..like a sports package or competition package, etc. It has 64k on the clock and they're asking $13,990. Is this a good buy for this year, miles, and options?

Here are some of the seller's pictures.

I've been into cars for a long time. My first "fun" car was a 1996 Eagle TSi AWD. This is my current "fun" car:

Any who...thanks for your time! See ya around!

Ciao

Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 AM
maacodale
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the insanity of owning a MINI. Looks like ya got a pretty nicely specced out car there. I'm sure you'll enjoy owning it!

Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I thought the new direct injection engines got quite a bit better mileage? I know my '09 Clubman S gets way better mileage than the '03 S did, and my Clubby's an automatic to boot!

Any used car that you're interested in should have a thorough inspection by someone you trust, preferably the MINI dealer, since they'll know what to look for. If it's a good car, then you'll know for sure.

Good luck!

Old 04-23-2011, 02:04 PM
MiamiGuitarMan
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's a nice lookin Mini!!! Hope it works out for you!

Old 04-23-2011, 02:10 PM
danigurrl
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maacodale
Welcome to the insanity of owning a MINI. Looks like ya got a pretty nicely specced out car there. I'm sure you'll enjoy owning it!
I haven't bought anything yet. I'm just trying to see if this a good price for what's offered.

Originally Posted by MINIdave
I thought the new direct injection engines got quite a bit better mileage? I know my '09 Clubman S gets way better mileage than the '03 S did, and my Clubby's an automatic to boot!

Any used car that you're interested in should have a thorough inspection by someone you trust, preferably the MINI dealer, since they'll know what to look for. If it's a good car, then you'll know for sure.

Good luck!
The price difference is too much for me for a brand new one. I'd be looking more in the $14k and under range. The price of a new one would outweigh the gas savings by a lot. lol. My boyfriend and I are new-ish home owners (well...a home loan owns us, should I say!) so I'm looking for comfortable car payments.

I want a lot of bang for my buck though...options wise. I want all the heated options, fog lights, sport suspension, leather interior, maybe navigation. This is why I buy used cars...I let someone else pay the high premiums for the stuff I want.

And I'll never own an automatic! Thanks for the input!