1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just ordered..question about windows factory tinted?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:30 PM
isellputs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just ordered..question about windows factory tinted?

ok so i just got back from placing a deposit for a custom order...got 1200$ off msrp...ok i know, not that great but CA was nice so i let him have it.

two questions come to mind.

first is, do the rear 3 windows come with tinted glass from the factory? like the darker shade similar to suvs and crossovers sport utiliy cars? i saw a few minis on the lot that were tinted and some were not....do i need to specify this on the order?

second is, do dealers typically throw in floor mats free of charge? i bought 2 bmws this year and never had an issue with the mats so i can assume its the same for the mini? or is it dealer specific? because i didnt order this mini from the dealer i bought the bimmers from. that was a totally diff shop.

thanks

Old 04-23-2011, 11:37 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by isellputs
do the rear 3 windows come with tinted glass from the factory?
From the factory, they only come in the same tint as the windshield. When you see something darker, it was done aftermarket by the dealer or owner.

Originally Posted by isellputs
do dealers typically throw in floor mats free of charge?
It's common, but they might not offer it unless you ask. Ultimately it's part of the purchase negotiation.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:22 AM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
lol - no such policy or standard of "throwing in a set of mats" to close the deal.

If and when done, the expense is taken directly from the salespersons comission....and they pay list price just like customers do too.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:56 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rkw
From the factory, they only come in the same tint as the windshield. When you see something darker, it was done aftermarket by the dealer or owner.
Not quite sure what you mean by this, the Driver/Passenger, Rear Driver Passenger and Boot Windows are Darker than the Windshield though "Tint" may be the wrong work to use, but they are definitely "Darker".

I've had Molly's Tinted, but only to enhance the L@@K of the Exterior Paint Color!!