1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 PM
skrzastek
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

New (to me) Mini owner here. I just purchased a '06 S and I am diving head first into the world of Mini from the world of Miata's. I picked up the car this past weekend and it's a blast! The Mini is a nice addition to the garage, joining my autocross prepped Miata, my wife's stock Miata, and my Spec Miata. My car has a couple mods (listed below) installed when I bought it, and my next one will be installing the factory fog lights.

Factory options:
Multi-function steering wheel with radio controls + cruise
Center arm rest
Limited slip differential
Cloth seats

Other stuff:
Milltek polished stainless cat back exhaust
K&N flat panel air filter
MSD coil pack and Magnecor wires
Koni yellow SA shocks front and DA shocks rear

I'm looking forward to learning more!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM
silhouette88
5th Gear
Congrats, and welcome! I loooove Miatas. It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Mini when compared to your Miatas. Ooooh, factory LSD...I wish I had one on mine.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:58 AM
skrzastek
1st Gear
Originally Posted by silhouette88
Congrats, and welcome! I loooove Miatas. It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Mini when compared to your Miatas. Ooooh, factory LSD...I wish I had one on mine.
To me the Mini and the Miata's serve two different purposes. When I want to go out and enjoy the drive you can't beat throwing back the top on a Miata. The Mini has the benefit of being easier to live with as a daily driver and I can put my daughters in the back seat. My Mini is prepped for autocross but I purchased it to use as a daily driver as I have the Miata's for the track. That being said, I have a feeling at some point it will be on track or autocrossed. I love the power in the Mini and I've actually started looking at superchargers for one of the Miatas.....