1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about OL.minusa Order Details

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:03 PM
isellputs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about OL.minusa Order Details

So i ordered midnight black w/ "Roof and mirrors in body color"

On the ol.miniusa tracking website, it only says "ROOF in body color" but my printout brochure of my online build says "Body Color Roof/Mirrors" There is NO mention of the mirror color on the order details page. Please advise.

Is my order entered in wrong? will my mirrors come out white? i wanted it in black with black roof...thanks for any clarification.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:18 PM
tennisfan16
1st Gear
You will be fine, be default your mirrors match the roof color you ordered. So if it says "roof in body color" you're ok

Old 04-27-2011, 02:23 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
The OL is borderline useless. I thought it was going to be really helpful and cool during the ordering process, but I ended up just emailing my MA or calling the ASK MINI number and talking to the really helpful people there more often.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:24 PM
isellputs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RDemo2
The OL is borderline useless. I thought it was going to be really helpful and cool during the ordering process, but I ended up just emailing my MA or calling the ASK MINI number and talking to the really helpful people there more often.
Shoot...i was really depending on OL because my CA and the CA manger are useless...half of the dept transferred over to Mini from the bimmer dealer next door and have no clue as to the specific details of this car...I asked for the Vehicle Inquiry Rpt and they didnt even know how to email it to me...the CA told me his manager had no idea how to do email attachments....so im just paranoid that they entered my order wrong in the system...

Then i called miniusa hotline and those guys had no clue as to the options either...they referred me back to my CA...said the phone service is mainly for after sales support...kinda sucks...i only bought from them because they are really close by and were super nice and friendly....but now im feeling they are a bit incompetent.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:24 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Have you called 1-866-ASK-MINI and talked to a person?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
isellputs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hoyme
Have you called 1-866-ASK-MINI and talked to a person?

yes they have no clue as to what kinda car i ordered. they told me they only know its a MINI...model, color, options...they are unaware.

ill take tennisfans word for it that my mirrors will be coming in midnight black as well as the roof and body.....its just that ive seen a few black ones here with black roofs but white mirrors...i dont want that at all so i worried

Old 04-27-2011, 06:00 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Bummer. My ol.miniusa.com options list is not complete as well. However, I got the pdf dump of my MA's order entry form to approve via e-mail, so I haven't asked the ASK-MINI folks for those details. My MA has been great to work with, so I trust he has it right or will make it so.

Can you go into the dealership and look over their shoulder at the order input screen and confirm everything?

That said, my order on the site says "Roof and mirror caps in black" (on an Orange Spice body color).

Then again, the white mirror caps you see might be after market ones. There are several options for dealer-installed and 3rd party caps. Don't know if you can order mirrors and roof in separate painted colors (as opposed to the chrome mirrors, which do show up as orderable options).