1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a Countryman today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:41 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered a Countryman today...

Hi all,

As you might have guessed, I'm new to the forum. I've admired my friend's Cooper S for a few years, but the straight-up Cooper wasn't quite big enough for us and our two dogs. I also need a year-round car for commuting in the snow, so 4 wheel is pretty important to me.

I've been car shopping for two years, looking to replace my 02 Jeep Liberty (ever since I got a new job that has a fairly long commute—35 miles each way). I wanted to get better mileage, but I didn't want to give up having 4WD and having space for my dogs.

I saw the Countryman a few weeks ago and was totally smitten. It was like somebody had designed exactly the car I wanted. So today I ordered a Countryman ALL4 in Cosmic Blue.

So I figured I'd join and post. I read the forum a bunch while I was doing research on options, and I get the impression that this is exactly the group of people I need to help fuel my rising obsession with Minis, especially over the next 6-8 weeks while I wait for my Countryman to come in.

So hi!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 PM
old81
M6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome and you did find the right place to fuel your obsession.

The wait will be shorter than you think when you share your thoughts with like minded MINI folks.

Congratulations and show some pictures when you have it home and all cleaned up.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by old81
Welcome and you did find the right place to fuel your obsession.

The wait will be shorter than you think when you share your thoughts with like minded MINI folks.

Congratulations and show some pictures when you have it home and all cleaned up.
Hey, thanks. You got the Oxford Green? I was so close to getting that instead of the Cosmic Blue. Right after ordering, I immediately wished I had done the green. And then I thought about it, and I realized that if I had ordered the green, I would feel the same way about the blue.

Am I allowed to have two?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
I forgot to add:

My biggest hope in joining the forum is to understand more and more about my car and how it works. I would say my understanding of cars and engineering is above average in the general population but well below average on this forum, so I'm looking forward to interacting with real car heads and developing some expertise.