1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello all!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 AM
accesstd
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all!

Just bought my first Mini a few months ago. It was a pre-owned 2008 Dark Silver MCS. I know that everybody says it --- but --- this IS the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. My list of lifelong rides thus far includes: '87 Ford Thunderbird, '89 Corvette, '90 4Runner, '05 Chevy Fullsize P/U, '01 Lexus GS400, '02 Honda Civic, '07 Infiniti G35S, '09 BMW 750i and now the '08 MCS. The 750i and the MCS are the only two in my stable now. Of all my rides, my Mini has been my absolute favorite -- hands-down. The funny thing is that when I try to explain it to people, I can't. The only thing I can say is "You just have to drive one, then you'll understand." I'm excited to be here and I look forward to interacting with the members, checking out pics, modding and just plain enjoying my car the way all of you seem to.

Oh, by the way, here she is:
Hello all!-driver_side.jpg

Last edited by accesstd; 05-03-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: mis-spelling
Old 05-03-2011, 03:34 PM
CoolantGuy
3rd Gear
Welcome

Old 05-03-2011, 06:03 PM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It must be an interesting comparison going from your 750 to the Mini.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:32 PM
sumint
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by accesstd
The funny thing is that when I try to explain it to people, I can't. The only thing I can say is "You just have to drive one, then you'll understand."
That's funny, the way I explain my first test drive of an r56-s is that I was like a kid in a candy store with a s#*% eating grin on my face. Agreed, you just have to drive one to understand the attraction.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 PM
sumint
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by accesstd
The funny thing is that when I try to explain it to people, I can't. The only thing I can say is "You just have to drive one, then you'll understand."
That's funny, the way I explain my first test drive of an r56-s is that I was like a kid in a candy store with a s#*% eating grin on my face. Agreed, you just have to drive one to understand the attraction.