1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Asia!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:43 AM
minitiny
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from Asia!

Hi folks, placed my order for a CR/Black Mini Cooper S 1 week back! Awfully excited about it! The waiting time is about 3 months :(

Sadly, the MINI community in Singapore ( a tiny city-state off the tip of the Malaysian Peninsula ) is pretty passive, and cars here are exorbitantly expensive so one doesn't get to see that many MINIs on the roads.

Just a quick question or two.

Does anyone know the time frame from the time an order is placed with the UK till the time the MCS completes its production run?

Oh, and my dealer states that the JCW tuning kit and aero kit are NOT available for the 2011 LCI yet. Is the dealer stating the truth or are they trying to pull a fast one on me?

Cheers!

Old 05-06-2011, 07:10 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars are wayyyy more expensive in Singapore compared to the US...I can't even imagine how much a Mini would cost there.

Anyways, I ordered my Clubman on March 2. It finished building on March 24. But since I live in California, the shipping time takes 22 days.

The JCW question, you should head over to the JCW Garage in the 2nd Generation sub-forum: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...cw-garage-231/

They talk about it there a lot. But it doesn't seem like it is widely available, or available for that matter. It only became available for order very recently. Besides, I'm sure your deal wants to sell it to you. Since only the dealer can install it, they can make more $$$$.