1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New ish Mini Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Madvisor
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New ish Mini Owner

Hey fellow Mini enthusiasts!
I am newly signed up to the site, but I have spent countless hours reading all the great info scattered around these forums. I have learned so much from reading these forums, I would like to start by thanking all of you.

My car: I purchased my 05 PS R53 last October, and soon after I began reading these forums. I have many plans for my car, and the start of those plans is next week. Right now my car is the the body shop having warranty body work done on it. When I purchased the car(not from a Mini dealer), there was rust on the rear tailgate above the handle, over this winter the rust got much worse and the handle fell off so I took it to Mini to complain. An estimate was done, sent to BMW and came back approved for $3100 of body work to be done. They were going to outright replace my tailgate and remove the 2 rear brake lights and sand and repaint the 2 rear quarter panels
I dropped off my car on Saturday 2 weeks ago, I was called the following Monday to tell me that they had taken apart the 2 rear tail lights and found the 2 rear quarter panels were completely rusted on the inside, the body shop had taken pictures and sent them to BMW along with another estimate. Well it took BMW a week to respond, but they agreed to cover everything on the warranty. So they are replacing 2 rear quarter panels and my tailgate, the last estimate I saw was just over $9000 parts and labour( I am Canadian labour has a u)
Once I get my car back, I am putting new rims and rubber on it, I am curious what some of you think
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

Other little things being done include, plugs, fuel filter, CAI, 15% Pulley and Exhaust (undecided Borla or Milltek advice?)
Cheers
Rich

Last edited by Madvisor; 05-13-2011 at 10:47 AM.