1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much longer??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM
joyride305
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How much longer??

So I ordered my mini around the end of march so according to most people's average time I should get my mini in about 1 week or less since its been 7 weeks already but in the system it is still showing as "awaiting transport".

I thought it was just taking a long time to update but I called my MA this weekend and he said its showing the same in his system and that it will probably change this thursday. But if thats the case it will take almost 10 weeks??

Is anyone else who ordered experiencing the same thing?

Im going crazy here, its been too long!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you read through the "How to Track your MINI" sticky thread for how to check your VIN against the shipping system to see where it is?

Mine has been sitting at the Southampton dock since last Tuesday, waiting for a ship heading to Baltimore. Looks like this Friday is my first opportunity - so that is about 10 days on the dock.

Check out that thread- gives good advice.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 PM
joyride305
3rd Gear
I entered the vin and double and triple checked and it said no history found. Did they leave me behind?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by joyride305
I entered the vin and double and triple checked and it said no history found. Did they leave me behind?
Not necessarily. I know that mine made it to the docks last Tuesday, and mine still gives that same response (No History). I have been told by others that it doesn't show up until right about the shipping day.

Do you know your port of entry on this end? It would be on the build sheet your MA should have given you, where you would have gotten your production number. In that same sticky, there is a link to a daily generated PDF file for the shipping company. Look for ships that leave Southampton and will be stopping at your port of entry to see the next likely day for shipping. (For me, that is this Friday - so if I don't see history show up around Thursday or so, I will be pinging real people again.)

As always, your MA should have on-line access to much of this and can help. Otherwise, 1-866-ASK-MINI and talk to a real person. Find out what day your car finished production and what day it arrived in Southampton to wait for a ship.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 AM
joyride305
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hoyme
Not necessarily. I know that mine made it to the docks last Tuesday, and mine still gives that same response (No History). I have been told by others that it doesn't show up until right about the shipping day.

Do you know your port of entry on this end? It would be on the build sheet your MA should have given you, where you would have gotten your production number. In that same sticky, there is a link to a daily generated PDF file for the shipping company. Look for ships that leave Southampton and will be stopping at your port of entry to see the next likely day for shipping. (For me, that is this Friday - so if I don't see history show up around Thursday or so, I will be pinging real people again.)

As always, your MA should have on-line access to much of this and can help. Otherwise, 1-866-ASK-MINI and talk to a real person. Find out what day your car finished production and what day it arrived in Southampton to wait for a ship.

I think mine made it to the docks around the 6th or 7th of may so a little over a week ago. But I thought they were supposed to ship out faster than this.

I'm getting more impatient by the day especially since I sold my car and now I dont have a car unitl the MINI gets here. I dont know the port of entry because I dont remember getting that sheet from my MA. I got the production number from the website. I guess ill call ask-mini and maybe they can give me some good news

Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 AM
darthhen
4th Gear
I feel your pain and suffering not knowing when your Mini will arrive.

Do you know if your Mini will ride on the WW to Bunswick, GA? From the "how to track your mini..." thread, there's only WW and K-Line that Mini uses as shipping companies. Did you enter your VIN number in WW's site to see if they loaded your Mini? They also have a PDF that has the schedules of their ships, the link is in "how to track your mini..." thread.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 AM
joyride305
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by darthhen
I feel your pain and suffering not knowing when your Mini will arrive.

Do you know if your Mini will ride on the WW to Bunswick, GA? From the "how to track your mini..." thread, there's only WW and K-Line that Mini uses as shipping companies. Did you enter your VIN number in WW's site to see if they loaded your Mini? They also have a PDF that has the schedules of their ships, the link is in "how to track your mini..." thread.
I called the dealership today and they told me it will be arriving at Brunswick. Online it still shows awaiting transport, ask-mini told me its in transit, and the link to the website for the shipping company where you enter your VIN shows no records. Anyway the dealership told me it should be here by the end of the month, but then told me after that since I ordered the JCW kit, it will take longer. At least I know its on the way now!

going on 8 weeks already now

Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 AM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Pass the time reading all of the delivery stories on NAM. That got me through the wait.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:55 AM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by joyride305
I called the dealership today and they told me it will be arriving at Brunswick. Online it still shows awaiting transport, ask-mini told me its in transit, and the link to the website for the shipping company where you enter your VIN shows no records. Anyway the dealership told me it should be here by the end of the month, but then told me after that since I ordered the JCW kit, it will take longer. At least I know its on the way now!

going on 8 weeks already now
I'm on the Aegean Highway scheduled to dock in Brunswick on the 22nd. It's a K-Line ship, so practically no tracking available (I googled the ship's name to get eta info). Sounds like you might be on the same boat!

Old 05-17-2011, 01:55 PM
joyride305
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fxdavis
I'm on the Aegean Highway scheduled to dock in Brunswick on the 22nd. It's a K-Line ship, so practically no tracking available (I googled the ship's name to get eta info). Sounds like you might be on the same boat!
That sounds about right on the date of arrival! Maybe thats why it wasnt showing up on the other website.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Heidijo
1st Gear
I ordered mine on 3/23. The dealer told me 6-8 weeks. Mine is on a ship now, but won't get to the port until 5/31. So I probably won't get the car until around 6/10! That will be 11 weeks from when I placed my order! I feel your pain! I don't have a car in the mean time either! Time is going by SO SLOW!! I feel like it goes by so much slower, because we were expecting to get it so much sooner.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:18 AM
joyride305
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Heidijo
I ordered mine on 3/23. The dealer told me 6-8 weeks. Mine is on a ship now, but won't get to the port until 5/31. So I probably won't get the car until around 6/10! That will be 11 weeks from when I placed my order! I feel your pain! I don't have a car in the mean time either! Time is going by SO SLOW!! I feel like it goes by so much slower, because we were expecting to get it so much sooner.
Yes exactly! The day it gets here I will not be able to sign that paperwork fast enough!! In the meantime...torture....