1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new member with a "new to me" mini

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM
hexon
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member with a "new to me" mini

I just bought an '04 Pepper White "Justa" Cooper last Tuesday after my '97 Nissan Maxima was totalled by hail damage. I used to be an active member of maxima.org until college started up, but now that I'm graduated I figured I would start again.

To tell you a bit about myself, I'm about to start pharmacy school in Memphis, TN in August so I needed a car that got good gas mileage to replace my newly destroyed car. So I found a Mini Cooper for sale just down the road and fell in love.

So far I've changed the in-cabin air filter (previous owner smoked), the intake air filter, oil, new tires, and had the local euro mechanic activate the OBC and reprogram some of the options. I had to buy torx tools, haha. Today I realized I was inducted into the power steering failure club after noticing my car was whining after the engine was turned off. So I have a new PS pump on the way, to be installed by me (wish me luck). I've also learned to drive stick over the last few days, which has been interesting. Other than that I can't really say too much about the car, other than it being fun to drive.

I also live 30-40 minutes away from US129 (The Dragon), so be jealous :D.

-Ryan

Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the club! great looking Cooper! I learned to drive stick on mine as well.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 PM
silhouette88
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahhh the dragon...yes, I am very jealous.

Congrats on the new Cooper. For a 7 year old car it looks like it's in great condition.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:53 AM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome Ryan!