1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2011 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could it depend on how many stops he had to make? It just seems crazy that 1) it would take that long to make the trek and 2) that they wouldn't have any idea when it would arrive.

I'd be certifiable at this point.

BTW...driving our All4 to your neck of the woods in September. Our first looonnnnggg road trip.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:48 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Justmenmymini
Could it depend on how many stops he had to make? It just seems crazy that 1) it would take that long to make the trek and 2) that they wouldn't have any idea when it would arrive.

I'd be certifiable at this point.
I wondered the same thing. I don't think does trucks hold that many cars, so I figure it couldn't be making to many stops along the way. According to the MINI website there is only one other dealership between Brunswick and Orlando (Jacksonville). So even if they took a whole day(which would be outrageous) to unload in Jacksonville, the truck would still be here.

It's so hard to be courteous with them right now, I really want to tell my MA to get off his *** and do some investigative work.

BTW...driving our All4 to your neck of the woods in September. Our first looonnnnggg road trip.
Cool! To bad you couldn't have come sooner, you missed out on a chance to attend the Casey Anthony trial

Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 AM
simplybao
3rd Gear
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! My Mini has made it and I have an appointment on Saturday at 1:00 to get it!!! Whew, this is going to be an excruciating few days of waiting.

It's funny, all of my energy lately has been put into thoughts about modding it, getting all the parts, how to go about the work, when to do the work on it that I forgot the best part. I'm going to have a Mini! And my Mini is going to bring smiles upon smiles even without the mods.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get it, well, and when I'm not driving it of course

Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
That's AWESOME!!! Yeah...these final days are the worst!! We expect pics....just sayin!

So what mods are you thinking? I'm planning on driving mine as is for a while but the wheels are turning in my mind. And I haven't exactly defined what 'a while' is on my calendar....

Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 AM
simplybao
3rd Gear
That's AWESOME!!! Yeah...these final days are the worst!! We expect pics....just sayin!

So what mods are you thinking? I'm planning on driving mine as is for a while but the wheels are turning in my mind. And I haven't exactly defined what 'a while' is on my calendar....
Mods? Some are already done, LOL:

215/45 Conti. DWS tires -- done
Tint 20% back 35% front side windows -- done
Flip up arm rest -- done
Short antenna (such a small thing, but I wanted one, LOL) -- done
Chili red wrapped headlight rings -- done

Suspension -- everything ordered and some parts are already here.

ST coilovers -- sitting at Fedex waiting for me to pick them up
5 mm HR spacers
12 mm racemax spacers
H-Sport rear control arms

And I bought coco mats. I ordered those the day after I ordered my Mini. I got black with red dots.

My MCS order:

CR/B manual, JCW package, Premium package, Comfort access, Clear signals, black stripes, heated seats, xenon lights, USB/Blutooth.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:29 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Great news, bao!!! Sat. will be here in no time (yeah, right)! Definitely looking forward to the pics.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:32 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Yep good news indeed bao. I'm also looking forward to the pics.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
So I've been trying to get my MA to find out what's up with my car for the past two days and he's given me nothing. I ask the girl who answers the phone at my dealership, 30 seconds later she comes back and tells me that my car is listed as in "final processing", which she said means it's on a truck. She gave me the impression that it should be at the dealer within a day. So I'm guessing it just got on the truck.

I must have the most incompetent MA ever! Why in the past two days has he not been able to give me information like this.

Sorry I'm getting angry guys, I'm just getting really frustrated.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:46 PM
jerseygirl680
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
So I've been trying to get my MA to find out what's up with my car for the past two days and he's given me nothing. I ask the girl who answers the phone at my dealership, 30 seconds later she comes back and tells me that my car is listed as in "final processing", which she said means it's on a truck. She gave me the impression that it should be at the dealer within a day. So I'm guessing it just got on the truck.

I must have the most incompetent MA ever! Why in the past two days has he not been able to give me information like this.

Sorry I'm getting angry guys, I'm just getting really frustrated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel ya. My MINI has been on the dock waiting for a ride for more than a week now. I have no idea what 'week' I'm supposed to be in so I just read everything. So hard waiting.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
No problem, Eddie. That's what we're here for...the good, the bad and the ugly. Here's hoping your MA shuts down his game of computer solitaire and gets you your car.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Your frustration and anger are very understandable, Eddie. Your MA really has fallen down on the job. You should talk to the sales manager there about this.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jerseygirl680
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel ya. My MINI has been on the dock waiting for a ride for more than a week now. I have no idea what 'week' I'm supposed to be in so I just read everything. So hard waiting.
That seemed to be the stand still point for me as well. I think it was 2 weeks for me...

My build sheet lists my actual production date as 5/30. I haven't been able to figure out if that's the start date or the completion date so I've been watching the week 23 and 24 build threads. I don't really mind because I've gotten to know some great people and it's made the wait much more pleasant!!

Thinking of you, Eddie! Hoping today brings you good news!!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I'm really hoping Eddie isn't around because he's out driving his car!!

Got a call this morning...our Mini arrived at the dealership even though the OL says it's still at the VDC. I have a pic to prove it!! Guess I'm heading 2 hours to the dealership tomorrow and motoring back!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:22 AM
simplybao
3rd Gear
I'm not sure I can sleep tonight. I pick up my Mini tomorrow afternoon! My niece says that my mini should be called chi chi LOL.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Love it!! We'll meet back here with pics...at some point this weekend!!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:46 AM
irondawg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by simplybao
Mods? Some are already done, LOL:

215/45 Conti. DWS tires -- done
Tint 20% back 35% front side windows -- done
Flip up arm rest -- done
Short antenna (such a small thing, but I wanted one, LOL) -- done
Chili red wrapped headlight rings -- done

Suspension -- everything ordered and some parts are already here.

ST coilovers -- sitting at Fedex waiting for me to pick them up
5 mm HR spacers
12 mm racemax spacers
H-Sport rear control arms

And I bought coco mats. I ordered those the day after I ordered my Mini. I got black with red dots.

My MCS order:

CR/B manual, JCW package, Premium package, Comfort access, Clear signals, black stripes, heated seats, xenon lights, USB/Blutooth.
If you don't mind me asking but why all the suspension changes?

BTW...mods I've done in the past week...

Polk Audio db651 components in doors
Polk Audio db691 in back
Kenwood KA 870 amp under passenger seat
Shorty antenna from dealer
Ceramic tint all around (dark as I can get and be legal)

Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 AM
simplybao
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by irondawg
If you don't mind me asking but why all the suspension changes?
I wanted a lower ride height for looks. I finally decided to do the ST coilovers but had to buy spacers to make them fit. The rear control arm is there to adjust the rear camber to get it back in spec.

I originally wanted to do NM Springs and Koni's but for less than that combo, I got the ST's. ST coilovers are essentially re-bodied KW V1's. It's a 5 yr versus a lifetime warranty. Since I will only have my car for 4 years, I figured I didn't need to spend the extra dough for a warranty I would never use and couldn't pass on to the next owner anyway.

I got the coilovers from The Suspension Source. They are a forum vendor and I can't sing their praises enough. They have the MOST excellent customer service.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:46 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
I'm really hoping Eddie isn't around because he's out driving his car!!

Got a call this morning...our Mini arrived at the dealership even though the OL says it's still at the VDC. I have a pic to prove it!! Guess I'm heading 2 hours to the dealership tomorrow and motoring back!
I wish! Here's the email I got from my MA yesterday:

Nothing yet. I talked to another salesman that has a order car and he said the car is on truck....they just don't know the hold up.
Glad to here they rest of you seam to be getting your cars in the next couple days.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
We're home and exhausted from the big day. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Here's hoping you got more info today, Eddie!!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
I just got home with mine too....LONG day. 3.5 hours there and then 3.5 GLORIOUS hours home

And my MA totally took care of me today. I ordered the JCW package and of course it came with the chrome grill like everyone was saying it would. I said, that's not what the configurator showed when I ordered it and she said, we'll just take care of it for you! They installed the new grill on the spot. How sweet is that?

Oh, and for those of you that have not experienced 215/45 Conti DWS tires, DO IT! I'm not sure what all the fuss about a harsh riding mini comes from. My Mini rides like my CTS. Firm but controlled. VERY VERY comfortable.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:00 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
I'm excited you guys got your cars! Can't wait to see the pictures!

I didn't get any new info yesterday and the dealership is closed on Sunday, so nothing will be happening today.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Couldn't figure out the gallery so used photobucket. My MAC wouldn't cooperate.

I agree with the ride but then I came from a truck. I have no complaints whatsoever with the ride. I'd heard Mini's were fun to drive but I wasn't prepared for just how much fun.

TrueEddie, I know you'll be posting pics here soon!!

Old 07-10-2011, 02:54 PM
midgard40
Neutral
Originally Posted by SandyEggoGrrrl
Cheeeeee-Hee! My MINI was loaded on the Asian King 4 hours ago, and will be leaving Southampton tonight for Port Hueneme! Now begins the long wait til it arrives on 12 July! At least I've got my redeployment from Iraq (and a couple of weeks at my home station in Hawaii) to keep me busy while I wait!

Stoked!
My Clubman S is on the same boat! I tracked it going through the Panama canal and now it is off the coast of Baja, just south of Ensenada. I am addicted to the boat tracking

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=357074000

I can't wait until it makes landfall! I just hope it doesn't take long to get through VDC and shipped up to Portland, OR.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:08 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
And here she is:

Attached Thumbnails Week 23 2011 Support Group-mini.jpg  
Old 07-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I love it!! Does she have a name? I think you have my favorite color combo and stripe set up on a MCS.

Quick Reply: Week 23 2011 Support Group