1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2011 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We'll be in Manhattan. Yeah, we pahked the cah in Bahston and hoofed it everywhere. DC is no picnic either.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:45 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Apparently I misunderstood, my MINI was simply released to the shipper today. The truck leaves tomorrow.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
But the good news is with only a 3 1/2 hour drive it should also be there tomorrow!! I'd be checking to see if they can prep that sucker for a friday delivery!!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:58 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Justmenmymini
But the good news is with only a 3 1/2 hour drive it should also be there tomorrow!! I'd be checking to see if they can prep that sucker for a friday delivery!!
I called them up and they said as long as it doesn't show up at the very end of the day I can pick it up tomorrow!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
That's impressive! My MA wanted a couple of days to process but then the state I bought it in required inspections at the dealership. I know Fla doesn't.

You must keep me posted!!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:29 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Well looks like the truck didn't leave today. I've been trying to get in touch with the manager (turns out the supervisor was actually the manager) for the past three hours with no success. Honestly at this point I think I'm over it. If the car doesn't show up by the end of the week I think I'm going to just buy another car.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Good grief. I can't believe the trouble you're having....it's insane!! Are you talking another Mini or another brand?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Good grief. I can't believe the trouble you're having....it's insane!! Are you talking another Mini or another brand?
Definitely another brand. I know they don't have what I want on a MINI lot.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Wow. I can't say that I blame you. Have you informed them of your decision? I mean, it might get you somewhere as long as you are prepared to walk.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
In case anyone is interested, my emails with MINI corporate:

Hi,

The MINI owners lounge gave an estimate of 7/4 for delivery of my MINI to the
dealer. For the last week my dealer has been able to tell me nothing except
that my MINI is on a truck. They can't tell me why it's been over a week and
the truck hasn't completed the 3 1/2 hour drive from Brunswick, GA to Orlando,
FL. They just keep telling me they don't know and that I'm not the only one
waiting for this truck. And to top it off my MA says he thinks they didn't do
everything they were supposed to do at the VDC. So when my MINI does get here
it may be incorrect.

If there is anything you can do to help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Eddie
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for writing MINI regarding the delivery date of your new MINI.

Many factors, such as production line positioning, number of vehicles being made, and shipment dates, affect delivery. Your motoring advisor can best update you on the estimated arrival date of your MINI.

The MINI Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. You can reach us at 1.866.ASK.MINI (275-6464).

LET’S MOTOR.

Jackie Miller
MINI Customer Relations and Services
Representative
Hi Jackie,

As I stated in my initial email my dealer has been able to give me any reliable information regarding my vehicle.

Thanks for taking the time to copy and paste that response. I'll be sure to cancel my order and purchase a vehicle from another manufacturer.

Thanks,

-Eddie
Can you tell I'm pissed?

I know that's not what I should have said, but at this point I don't care.

*just noticed i put able instead of unable, oh well.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:03 PM
luridone
2nd Gear
That really sucks, Eddie. And the MINI corporate response is very weak (which is actually being kind). Your frustration is very understandable. I'd have been on the phone yelling at somebody by now.

Let us know if you get a genuine response to your latest.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:22 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
Eddie, Keep your chin up. You'll love the Mini once you get it

Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Still no response from MINI corporate. Also the manager never called me yesterday even though I left 2 messages and she had told me the day before that she would call me. Luckily I've calmed down now, I'll be calling my dealership when they open at 9am today.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:36 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Just looked at the owner's lounge and my estimated delivery date has been updated! Instead of 7/4 it now says 7/12

Old 07-18-2011, 07:11 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Here's my latest update:

My case with MINI corporate has been forwarded to another CSR.

On Friday the Manager for my dealership told me that she's been told the car is with the shipper and she doesn't know why it hasn't showed up yet. She told me she would get in contact with the shipper and let me know what she finds out on Saturday. She never called me on Saturday and by time I tried to call they were already closed (apparently they close an hour earlier on Saturday's). The dealership is closed on Sunday so I'm hoping I'll hear something new today.

I tried looking at few other cars but I feel so invested in the MINI. So I guess I'll just keep waiting.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:40 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
A couple of updates:

1) I've now talking with the general manager for my dealership, he said he's put in a call to MINI regional and that he let them have it and that he should have a few answers for me later today.

2) MINI corporate contacted me and said that after the ship leaves they no longer have the ability to track the vehicle. They apologized and said they would file a complaint for me and contact my dealership.

Stay tuned to see how crazy this gets...

Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Just got a call back from my dealer, they said the shipping company said the truck will leave tonight and my MINI should be here first thing in the morning.

Definitely not going to get my hopes up this time, I think I will have to see it in person before I believe it.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:55 PM
luridone
2nd Gear
Sounds like MINI and your dealer are at the mercy of the trucking company. That sucks.

But I'm looking forward to your reporting on you getting your MINI!!!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I really hoped that by the time I got back from NYC, you'd be motoring around, Eddie. I'm just sitting here shaking my head. I guess when it goes wrong, it goes really wrong. Do they have any idea that you're posting what's happening on a board for Mini owners? It may be the shipper's problem but who hired the shipper?

Keep us posted....still.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:10 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by luridone
Sounds like MINI and your dealer are at the mercy of the trucking company. That sucks.

But I'm looking forward to your reporting on you getting your MINI!!!!!
Yeah it sucks that the shipping company can just hold the car hostage like that.

I really hoped that by the time I got back from NYC, you'd be motoring around, Eddie. I'm just sitting here shaking my head. I guess when it goes wrong, it goes really wrong. Do they have any idea that you're posting what's happening on a board for Mini owners? It may be the shipper's problem but who hired the shipper?

Keep us posted....still.
You know I probably should have mentioned that to them, maybe that might have made them work harder.

It's funny how after I talked to the GM yesterday all of a sudden the car is shipping(or so they tell me), I've received 2 calls from the manager, and 4 from my MA. Before it was almost impossible to get these people to call me back. Apparently I needed to talk to the GM sooner, looks like he's the one that can really get things done there.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow Eddie, I feel your pain, how ridiculous! My 2012 was built incredibly quick, but has been waiting at port for a ship for 12 days now. Nobody in the chain including my MA has any clue what the status is. Seems like the tracking process is somewhat of a feel-good facade, because most times nobody has any info, and if you are lucky to get any info, most likely it is either completely outdated, or simply incorrect. No info coming today either, as 1-866 is closed all day for a holiday...
Best of luck!
j

Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Your 2012? I didn't think they switched production until the August break when the line goes down.

Your experience is typical. My Mini sat awaiting transport for 2 weeks. I was told that once the car is signed over to the shipping company, they can no longer track it which makes sense since they aren't directly involved in the handling of the car. The OL is late for updates and during this time, it feels as if you are in limbo. It'll start moving soon enough. Just be patient a little longer and then the fun part begins; tracking your Min across the pond.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Subzero
Wow Eddie, I feel your pain, how ridiculous! My 2012 was built incredibly quick, but has been waiting at port for a ship for 12 days now. Nobody in the chain including my MA has any clue what the status is. Seems like the tracking process is somewhat of a feel-good facade, because most times nobody has any info, and if you are lucky to get any info, most likely it is either completely outdated, or simply incorrect. No info coming today either, as 1-866 is closed all day for a holiday...
Best of luck!
j
Yep, they definitely need to make improvements to tracking. What's the holiday? Should I be at home.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
OMG, just got an MMS pic from my MA, my MINI has arrived!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
OMG, just got an MMS pic from my MA, my MINI has arrived!
YEAH!!!!!!! So are you excited yet? It's going to be AWESOME! I've put 600 miles on mine now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I've been driving around aimlessly and taking the long way to work just to drive it more. The long way for me is about a 30 twisty road ride You'll do the same.

Quick Reply: Week 23 2011 Support Group