1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2011 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:51 PM
irondawg
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
Cool! But I guess we won't be shipmates since you're already on the boat. Are you on a K-Line or WW boat?
From what my MA said...on a WW boat that departed on Jun-11. But like the other folks...I can't get the url to work any longer to confirm my VIN.

MA said he'll have more info at end of the week. Now...I don't know how 'good' my MA is. I'm a bit skeptical about all this without concrete facts that I can see/read from the shipper.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:50 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want to give me your vin I can put it in the website for you and tell you what it says.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:56 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Well I just called ASK MINI and it says I'm still at the port waiting for a shipping vessel. If this is true then it looks like I didn't make it on the boat leaving yesterday. This sucks because the next boat going to Brunswick doesn't leave until Monday. That just added 5 more days of waiting for me .

Old 06-16-2011, 09:51 AM
SandyEggoGrrrl
Neutral
MiniMe2011,

Try this link: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Also, WW recently had a security breach of some sort on their website, and people have had difficulty accessing these tracking sites ever since.

I notice that when I try at certain times of the day, the above link brings me to a page that has several boxes to enter data (including the "Cargo ID" box you need to put your VIN in), but try as I might, I couldn't figure out how to submit my information. I also noted that every time I tried, it was late at night (I'm in Iraq).

I have a theory that due to their recent web security issues, they limit access to their website tracking functions after office hours (their corporate HQ is in Norway, just one hour behind me). So I tried during normal business hours, and voila! it worked just fine. There was a "submit" button and everything. I just checked again right before posting this (after normal business hours for Norway), and once again, there is no submit button. So my suggestion to you is to try between 9am and 6pm Central European Time. That would be between midnight and 8am your time (you're in SoCal, right?).

So all that said, when I did try to track my MINI, using the VIN, the result was that they have no record of my VIN yet. However, based on your original post on this thread, I think we're waiting for the same ship. My MINI is headed for Port Hueneme on (I assume) the Asian King, leaving Southampton on 21 June, and arriving at Port Hueneme on 12 July. I'm going through the MINI dealer in Santa Ana. How 'bout you?

So here's an interesting development: I wrote to my MA, letting him know that my MINI was complete, what ship he'd be on, and what date he'd arrive at port. My MA wrote me back telling me that once the ship pulls into port it will take 7-12 DAYS for them to offload the cars from the ship and do the shipping inspection. Seriously??!? Everything I've seen in several strings on this site and others, indicate that it only takes a day (if everything goes perfectly) to a week (if your MINI sustains damage during the voyage) to release the cars to the dealer. So where does he get 7-12 DAYS?! If it really does take that long, I think I'm gonna go nuts! Has anyone else been told this?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I think they're allowing room for necessary repairs done at the VDC due to shipping. It's not uncommon, I guess, for there to be slight scuffs or damage, whatever on cars shipped via boat.

Just a guess though...

Old 06-17-2011, 05:09 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
I'm at the port, but not yet booked, it seems (at least the WW site doesn't have my VIN). I guess it would take a minor miracle to make the Tamerlane (leaving tomorrow, 6/18), but I'll keep hoping until I find out otherwise.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:58 AM
chiliTater
1st Gear
chin up luridone. mine made it on a tight connection!

Old 06-19-2011, 11:04 AM
shavednshiny
2nd Gear
The Tamerlane is docked in Southampton currently. Can anyone confirm thier car is already aboard? I keep checking WW's site and "no records found" for my VIN.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:30 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by shavednshiny
The Tamerlane is docked in Southampton currently. Can anyone confirm thier car is already aboard? I keep checking WW's site and "no records found" for my VIN.
I'm getting the same thing. I always thought it was a longshot for me to get on, though. There's also a KTL ship in Southampton, leaving today. Might be on that one, I'm calling my MA tomorrow.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:41 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
I keep getting the same message. My MA emailed me and told me I was on a ship though. So I'm not sure which ship I'm on or what info she has. I emailed her asking her which boat I'm on, so I'm waiting. I'm dying!!!!! I'm ready to have it. I've become obsessed.

I'm going to start ordering parts next week :D. I can't wait. I think I need some meds to calm me down. I'm almost more excited to get my new mini than get married next week, shhhh, don't tell my partner, LOL.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:54 PM
irondawg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by simplybao
I'm going to start ordering parts next week :D. I can't wait. I think I need some meds to calm me down. I'm almost more excited to get my new mini than get married next week, shhhh, don't tell my partner, LOL.

Start? I've already ordered speakers, amp, wire, connectors...

Old 06-19-2011, 08:43 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
LOL..I'm ordering Bilstein struts and NM springs next week :D.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:21 AM
chiliTater
1st Gear
Originally Posted by luridone
I'm getting the same thing. I always thought it was a longshot for me to get on, though. There's also a KTL ship in Southampton, leaving today. Might be on that one, I'm calling my MA tomorrow.
Hmm. My VIN showed up fairly promptly on the WW site, but Falstaff had been at sea for 24 hrs before it showed up as "loaded on ship". There may be some "slop" in their system, so just because you don't appear to be on Tamerlane doesn't necessarily mean for sure you aren't.

Falstaff (with my MCS) is currently docked in Halifax, and due in to NY on the 22nd. Interestingly, she stopped at sea (N 45 W050) for like 24hrs, drifting at ~1 kt. Weird place to stop, but I guess there was no berth and no good anchorage off Halifax. I was glad to see her start up again - thought they may have had engine trouble or something!

My MA called a couple of days ago to schedule delivery on the 30th. Getting close!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Well, according to the schedule for the ELEKTRA(WW) it has left Southampton. When I enter my vin in the tracking it still shows up as "No records found." Also when I call ASK MINI it still says my car is at the port.

I'm still holding out hope that my MINI made it onto that boat and it's just going to take a little bit for stuff to update.

Last edited by TrueEddie; 06-20-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
According to my MA, my car is at the port and released to WW, but it's not yet booked on a ship. He promised to call or email once it is. Here's hoping.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM
chiliTater
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
Well, according to the schedule for the ELEKTRA(WW) it has left Southampton. When I enter my vin in the tracking it still shows up as "No records found." Also when I call ASK MINI it still says my car is at the port.

I'm still holding out hope that my MINI made it onto that boat and it's just going to take a little bit for stuff to update.
Yep, Elektra shoved off about an hour ago and making the turn by the Isle of Wight. Hope you got on!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:13 AM
shavednshiny
2nd Gear
My VIN is finally showing up on WW's site as having been loaded on the Tamerlane and is scheduled into Baltimore on 6/28! I'm so excited I can't think! Anyone else on board?

Old 06-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I really hope so, shavedandshiny. The Tamerlane visited Bremerhaven before she stopped in the UK. The only thing I've got is an estimated arrival date. Unfortunately, my ALL4 is out of ASK MINI's reach and only my MA can tell me for sure. All I get from him is an estimate.

So I'll wait and cheer you guys on until I get the call that my car has reached port. Sigh...

Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
I'm on the Tameralane...yeah!!!! But I went to the ship tracker and there has been no update since 6/29.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:49 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
My VIN is finally showing up on WW's site as having been loaded on the Tamerlane and is scheduled into Baltimore on 6/28! I'm so excited I can't think! Anyone else on board?
I just checked the WW site and SON OF A GUN, I'm also on the Tamerlane!!!!! Also getting off at Baltimore on the 28th!!!! I'm psyched!!!

Old 06-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Congrats, guys!! I'll just pretend I'm on that ship too!!

You can go to this website and track the ship although there has been no report since Sunday when the Tamerlane was docked in the UK. Just enter the name in the space provided.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml

Old 06-21-2011, 04:55 AM
shavednshiny
2nd Gear
Congrats! Looks like we're shipmates! ( I hope my car gets unloaded first, LOL)

Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Congrats! Looks like we're shipmates! ( I hope my car gets unloaded first, LOL)
Yeah, but how far is your dealer from Baltimore?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:25 AM
chiliTater
1st Gear
Originally Posted by luridone
Yeah, but how far is your dealer from Baltimore?
Your first race!

Is there a VPC in Baltimore? Mine's getting off in NY, but Baltimore would have been a wee bit closer to my dealer.

In any case, Congrats! And may the best mini win!

Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chiliTater
Your first race!

Is there a VPC in Baltimore? Mine's getting off in NY, but Baltimore would have been a wee bit closer to my dealer.

In any case, Congrats! And may the best mini win!
HAHA!!! Yes, there's a VDC in Baltimore, I don't know how close to the port it is, but given Baltimore's layout, it can't be too far. It won't be much of a race, though - my dealer's in Annapolis, less than 20 miles from Baltimore. Need a little more than to let it stretch it's legs.

Quick Reply: Week 23 2011 Support Group