1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2011 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:11 AM
shavednshiny
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by luridone
HAHA!!! Yes, there's a VDC in Baltimore, I don't know how close to the port it is, but given Baltimore's layout, it can't be too far. It won't be much of a race, though - my dealer's in Annapolis, less than 20 miles from Baltimore. Need a little more than to let it stretch it's legs.
Yeah, yeah.....you're going to win THAT race! I'm in the Chicago suburbs so I'll have a long trek just to make it to the dealer.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:15 AM
shavednshiny
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Justmenmymini
Congrats, guys!! I'll just pretend I'm on that ship too!!

You can go to this website and track the ship although there has been no report since Sunday when the Tamerlane was docked in the UK. Just enter the name in the space provided.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml
The tracking info on this site doesn't seem to be updated. The ship left port two days ago but is still being listed in S'hampton.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 AM
SandyEggoGrrrl
Neutral
Cheeeeee-Hee! My MINI was loaded on the Asian King 4 hours ago, and will be leaving Southampton tonight for Port Hueneme! Now begins the long wait til it arrives on 12 July! At least I've got my redeployment from Iraq (and a couple of weeks at my home station in Hawaii) to keep me busy while I wait!

Stoked!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
shavednshiny, I don't think it updates daily.

Great news, SEG! Also glad you're coming home safe!! You deserve that new Mini!!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
FINALLY!! We're on our way! Our CM is on the Independence II...currently docked in Southampton with an estimated arrival of 7/1 in BALPOA. Oh the irony...

Old 06-22-2011, 06:41 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
According to ASK MINI and the owner's lounge my MINI is finally en route. I still get no records found on the WW site though! I'm pretty sure I'm on the Elektra(arriving in Brunswick on 7/2) but it would be nice to get some confirmation from the tracking site.

I've been fixing up my garage while I wait, it's nice to know the new tenant is finally on it's way.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Justmenmymini
FINALLY!! We're on our way! Our CM is on the Independence II...currently docked in Southampton with an estimated arrival of 7/1 in BALPOA. Oh the irony...
Congrats!!!! Isn't it a great feeling when you're on the boat?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:43 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
According to ASK MINI and the owner's lounge my MINI is finally en route. I still get no records found on the WW site though! I'm pretty sure I'm on the Elektra(arriving in Brunswick on 7/2) but it would be nice to get some confirmation from the tracking site.

I've been fixing up my garage while I wait, it's nice to know the new tenant is finally on it's way.
Excellent!! You've had a longer wait than most, glad to hear you're getting close. Is it possible you're on a K-Line ship?

Funny, but the OL and ASK MINI both have me still at port waiting for a ship, but I showed up on the Tamerlane on the WW site.

Last edited by luridone; 06-22-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
It is a great feeling having some information. Limbo is lonely...

Mine isn't showing up in the OL yet either. I found it by my VIN on the tracking page at WW.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Excellent!! You've had a longer wait than most, glad to hear you're getting close. Is it possible you're on a K-Line ship?

Funny, but the OL and ASK MINI both have me still at port waiting for a ship, but I showed up on the Tamerlane on the WW site.
I just looked at the K-Line schedule again and I guess it's possible. I might be on the Florida Highway which was in Southampton on 6/18 and arrives in Brunswick on 6/29. I hope that's true!

You'll have to let me know how many days passed from when it showed up on the boat and the OL and ASK MINI changes for you, that might help me figure out which boat I'm on.

Glad you're on a boat too, I hope the voyage goes smoothly!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear

Funny, but the OL and ASK MINI both have me still at port waiting for a ship, but I showed up on the Tamerlane on the WW site
That was a bit reminiscent of my experience. OL seemed the most out-of-date, followed by ASK MINI. I showed up quite early at WW, but even they were slow to show me on board.

My good news is that FALSTAFF was at the dock in NY this morning, so it's a good bet I'm on dry land again , even though WW still shows me on board. Tamerlane isn't too far behind. Looks like you're due in to Baltimore on the 29th, 1 day before I'm scheduled for delivery (30th).

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear
I just looked at the K-Line schedule again and I guess it's possible. I might be on the Florida Highway which was in Southampton on 6/18 and arrives in Brunswick on 6/29. I hope that's true!

You'll have to let me know how many days passed from when it showed up on the boat and the OL and ASK MINI changes for you, that might help me figure out which boat I'm on.

Glad you're on a boat too, I hope the voyage goes smoothly!
TrueEddie, for me it was 2-3 days before OL was updated (seemed like a lot more!). WW showed me booked quite early for Falstaff, but the boat was at sea for a day before even WW indicated that I was aboard. I sweated that day, so I feel yer pain!

Good luck. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Florida Highway!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by chiliTater
TrueEddie, for me it was 2-3 days before OL was updated (seemed like a lot more!). WW showed me booked quite early for Falstaff, but the boat was at sea for a day before even WW indicated that I was aboard. I sweated that day, so I feel yer pain!

Good luck. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Florida Highway!
Thanks!

Well if doesn't show up in WW tracking by tomorrow I'm going to assume it's on the Florida Highway, which means it would get to the VDC 3 days sooner then I expected.

Can my MA tell me what ship I'm on?

I haven't called my MA because I'm still deciding if I want to go to the dealer and complain about my super long wait and try to get some sort of compensation out of them.

Last edited by TrueEddie; 06-22-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to include quote.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:01 PM
luridone
2nd Gear
Thanks!

Well if doesn't show up in WW tracking by tomorrow I'm going to assume it's on the Florida Highway, which means it would get to the VDC 3 days sooner then I expected.

Can my MA tell me what ship I'm on?

I haven't called my MA because I'm still deciding if I want to go to the dealer and complain about my super long wait and try to get some sort of compensation out of them.
I'm not sure if your MA can tell you which ship you're on, but s/he should be able to tell you if you're on a ship and which carrier it is.

Let's go Florida Highway!!!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 AM
chiliTater
1st Gear
I'm not sure if your MA can tell you which ship you're on, but s/he should be able to tell you if you're on a ship and which carrier it is.

Let's go Florida Highway!!!!!
Ditto luridone. My MA was never able to tell me anything I didn't already know. But they should at least be able to find out whether or not you're in transit, and that narrows the possibilities quite alot.

Another big WHOOAHH for Florida Highway!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Thanks for the support guys! I checked the WW site and it still says no record. I must be on the Florida Highway, there is no other explanation.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 AM
irondawg
1st Gear
Got an email from my MA today...

Hey John!

Your MINI has landed at port in the US and has been released to the carrier so it should be here sometime next week!!!! I will let you know when it arrives here and we can schedule your delivery. Thanks and I will keep you posted.

MOTOR ON!

Damon

Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
THAT'S AWESOME!!! Congrats!! I so can't wait for that email.....

Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by irondawg
Got an email from my MA today...

Hey John!

Your MINI has landed at port in the US and has been released to the carrier so it should be here sometime next week!!!! I will let you know when it arrives here and we can schedule your delivery. Thanks and I will keep you posted.

MOTOR ON!

Damon

Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
ASK MINI finally has me in transit, but the OL still has me waiting on the dock (of the bay).

Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear
ASK MINI finally has me in transit, but the OL still has me waiting on the dock (of the bay).
Yeah, that seems to be how it goes. I KNOW I'm offloaded in NY, but OL still has me in transit >24 hrs later. This tracking sh*t is far from perfect.

My MA emailed several days ago to set up delivery on the 30th, when I was still offshore. I guess she has a good feel for the VDC backlog. In any case I'm psyc'd!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 AM
shavednshiny
2nd Gear
For all of you guys on the Tamerlane: They've bumped up the schedule a day. It looks as if it's going to make it into B'more on the 27th! I KNEW it was the fastest ship in the fleet!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:52 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by shavednshiny
For all of you guys on the Tamerlane: They've bumped up the schedule a day. It looks as if it's going to make it into B'more on the 27th! I KNEW it was the fastest ship in the fleet!
Very cool!!!! Funny, my MA left me a voice mail message saying mine is due to arrive on the 29th. I wonder if he meant at the dealership!!!! (Must remain calm). I guess I gotta call him today.

FWIW, the OL finally has me en route. That thing must be a real low priority for the MINI folks, it's GOT to be fairly easy to have it update better than it does.

Last edited by luridone; 06-24-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:56 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I tracked the Independence II this morning and it was reporting 45 ft seas. I've been on a cruise ship with 30 ft waves so I'm freaking a bit. Especially after seeing that youtube video of the damaged vehicles on a ship that sailed through a hurricane. Yowza!

But I found this...just in case you want to see the process. I'm searching for anything to ease the wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bbPJ...eature=related

Old 06-24-2011, 05:25 AM
ZeR0 EVOlution
2nd Gear
I could just imagine how impatient you guys all are. I waited a year and a half to get my second R56 (not the R53 pictured in my sig), and waiting that long murdered me. You guys actually ORDERED yours and have to wait for it, and that just blows my mind. Kudos!

Quick Reply: Week 23 2011 Support Group