1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 23 2011 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 03:30 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chiliTater
Here's Tater. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's.

Enjoy!
I'm jealous!!! I'm still waiting. OL shows arrival in Kansas City on 7/3. I can't come get it until next weekend anyway

But I do have parts for it already, LOL. ST coilovers and spacers are on their way!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
Looks good! Are those the conical spoke rims? That's what I got on my MINI.
Thanks! Yep, they are. After I was in production I had second thoughts about the black conical spokes. Thought that'd look sharp on the red/black MCS. However, since it was too late, I decided that I really liked the alloy conical spokes better anyway!

Old 07-01-2011, 04:52 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear
Originally Posted by simplybao
I'm jealous!!! I'm still waiting. OL shows arrival in Kansas City on 7/3. I can't come get it until next weekend anyway

But I do have parts for it already, LOL. ST coilovers and spacers are on their way!!!
Hang in there! Being in the middle of the continent you've got some more wait time than us lucky East-Coasters. You can caress those coil-overs lovingly as you walk by until your baby arrives. And take my word for it, IT IS A HOOT when it finally arrives!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 05:02 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear
Originally Posted by shavednshiny
Don't you just LOVE when things like that happen? I'd be grinning from ear to ear! Mine's red too....looking forward to seeing pics. My MA said she'd send pics when it came in. Perhaps it came in after she left for the day or didn't come in yesterday as planned. wwwwwaaaaiiiiitttinggg!!!!!!!!!
Hey shaved, got yours yet? It's the beginning of the long w.e. and we're all waiting with bated breath. Hoping you've got it now. Can't wait to see the CR/CR pics! FYI, just fired up Mini Connected on my iPhone and see that I've got a grand total of 68 mi on the odometer! It was at 6.0 when I picked up Tater. Hope those were 6 gentle miles!

Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 AM
simplybao
3rd Gear
Well, OL has updated and shows that my Mini should be at my dealer today I'm tempted to drive 3.5 hours just to go look at it.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:02 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just talked to my MA and he says the dealership is closed on Monday. So if the car is scheduled for Monday it will probably arrive on Tuesday and I should be able to pick it up on Wednesday!

So close!!!

Old 07-02-2011, 10:35 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Finally finished my garage project today. While I was waiting for my MINI I was cleaning, painting, and installing storage in my garage. Here's some pics:

Here's the before picture:

And a couple 'after' pictures:

Old 07-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
LOL!! We're painting the garage floor this weekend to get ready for our new ALL4. Doing the Rustoleum thing. We've got the cabinets and the storage lofts too!! Great minds...

Shaved must have gotten his car! He's AWOL!!

Simplybao, I'd be gone by now!!

Old 07-02-2011, 04:18 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear
Well, OL has updated and shows that my Mini should be at my dealer today I'm tempted to drive 3.5 hours just to go look at it.
I will admit, under duress, that I went by to 'visit' my mini the day before delivery. However, my dealer is a 10 min drive. On the other hand if it was 3.5 hrs, well... ok, I'd have done it anyway!!!

Old 07-02-2011, 04:20 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Justmenmymini
LOL!! We're painting the garage floor this weekend to get ready for our new ALL4. Doing the Rustoleum thing. We've got the cabinets and the storage lofts too!! Great minds...

Yeah, shaved is on the road, giggling all the way!

Old 07-02-2011, 04:38 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by chiliTater
I will admit, under duress, that I went by to 'visit' my mini the day before delivery. However, my dealer is a 10 min drive. On the other hand if it was 3.5 hrs, well... ok, I'd have done it anyway!!!
The dealer called me and my Mini hasn't made it. They got a truck in this morning, but mine wasn't on it. They said they are expecting another truck Tuesday They also called to confirm my extras -- I'm switching out the RF for conti DWS 215/45, they are tinting the windows and sunroof, vinyl wrapping the headlight rings, putting in the armrest, and putting on the shorty antenna.

And with my ST's coilovers, rear control arms, and spacers on the way, my mini will be modded within the first week

Old 07-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Are they doing that at the VDC or the dealer? That could be why it wasn't on the truck...

OL still shows me as in transit. The holiday weekend is messing with me and my Mini!!

Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 PM
simplybao
3rd Gear
Are they doing that at the VDC or the dealer? That could be why it wasn't on the truck...
I'm having all of that done at the dealer. Their prices were reasonable so I did it there. For the tires, they are charging me tire rack prices and I couldn't beat that anywhere around here.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:35 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear

I want to do my floors also, just didn't fit in the budget yet, post pics when you do your's, I'd love to see how it comes out.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
We're gonna have to do it half at a time. We've got a 2 car garage. Hoping to start tomorrow am. It's just gonna be such a hassle to move the cabinets and shelves. Fun.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:13 PM
shavednshiny
2nd Gear
OK....I was AWOL for the day but only because I was motoring for most of the day. I had my delivery scheduled for 10am and I was out by about 12:30 or so. My MA's bday is on the 4th so I came bearing a bribe...I mean GIFT!! I was treated really well. She threw my stripes, JCW mesh scuttles and rubber boot mat into the deal at no cost and a "we owe" certificate for free oil change at 3000 miles. We had a bit of miscommunication over taxes as I purchased in IL and live in IN and she took another $400 off my bottom line for the confusion without me even having or thinking to ask....Maria Makris at Patrick MINI in Schaumburg, IL is great! Really easy to work with and very personable.

Maria's desk was right by the door outside of which was parked my car. EVERY person walking in or out during my time there was STARING at my car!! Made me feel pretty good about my choice.

I'm looking forward to the car providing me with many trouble free miles and even more smiles and I wish you all the same!

Last edited by shavednshiny; 07-03-2011 at 04:15 AM. Reason: misspell
Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Congrats, Shaved!! Sounds like they treated you well!! Hope you enjoy the heck out of that car!!

Old 07-03-2011, 05:10 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I'M AT THE FREAKIN' VDC!!!! Wheres the jumping smiley!!!

As the OL says, let the friend's scramble for shot gun begin!!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:15 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Just got back from the beach and the OL is telling me it's at the dealer - I'm getting it tomorrow, come hell or high water, or both!

Old 07-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Awesome news!!!! Gotta see some pics!!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Got an email from my MA about an hour ago saying that my MINI is still scheduled to arrive today but is not there yet. I was secretly hoping it would arrive first thing in the morning, they would install all the dealer add-ons while I was at work and I would get to pick up tonight. But at least so far everything seams to be going as scheduled for a tomorrow pick-up.

These last few moments of waiting are killing me!!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:07 AM
simplybao
3rd Gear

I hear ya!!!! The wait is killing me too, LOL. I can't get mine till this weekend anyway. I want to go get it today, but my partner can't go until Saturday to sign the papers :-(. I asked if he would do a power of attorney so that I could sign his name and go ahead and get it and I got a LOL. He thinks I'm obsessed. Especially since I've already spent ~ $2K in mods for a car we don't have yet, LOL.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:15 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
I hear ya!!!! The wait is killing me too, LOL. I can't get mine till this weekend anyway. I want to go get it today, but my partner can't go until Saturday to sign the papers :-(. I asked if he would do a power of attorney so that I could sign his name and go ahead and get it and I got a LOL. He thinks I'm obsessed. Especially since I've already spent ~ $2K in mods for a car we don't have yet, LOL.

My wife thinks I'm crazy too. When I was fixing the garage she refused to help because she thought it was ridiculous to spend time and money on fixing up a space I won't spend much time in. But I think the MINI needs a nice place to sleep, not to mention I needed to get rid of a lot of that junk.

She's also not to keen on my daily MINI updates since production started over a month a go. She tell's me I car more about the MINI then her, I tell her no(but I think yes).

And in case she reads this, I'm j/k...I swear

Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Got an email from my MA about an hour ago saying that my MINI is still scheduled to arrive today but is not there yet. I was secretly hoping it would arrive first thing in the morning, they would install all the dealer add-ons while I was at work and I would get to pick up tonight. But at least so far everything seams to be going as scheduled for a tomorrow pick-up.

Unlike me, who's cool as a cucumber and as patient as could be.

This may be one of my least productive days at work, all I can do is think about picking the car up this evening!

My wife is just very amused by my obsession, but then I don't have a garage to clean out.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by luridone
This may be one of my least productive days at work, all I can do is think about picking the car up this evening!
Looks like it's gonna be multiple days of this for me.

Quick Reply: Week 23 2011 Support Group