1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 24 2011 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to this website....

http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS...solentcam.html

And then went to history. This is a link to a port cam on the Isle of Wight. It shows the traffic in and out of Portsmouth and Southampton. If you go to the history, you can look for your ship. It won't give you a pic but it will tell you it's location within that region.

I was able to see the path of the Independence II as it approached the port and then see that it has left again even though the WW webpage has not updated her whereabouts. I went to Movements and it told me the exact time she pulled away from the dock.

We're on the move again. Next stop BALPOA!!

Old 06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
WOOHOO, I'm getting on a boat tomorrow! The WW website tracking is dicey at times but finally my VIN shows I'm getting on the Otello tomorrow arriving in NY/NJ on the 6th. I wonder how long it takes from VDC to Buffalo? The next stage for me to be impatient about!

Old 06-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Awesome news!! Congrats!!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:11 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Originally Posted by karlos
WOOHOO, I'm getting on a boat tomorrow! The WW website tracking is dicey at times but finally my VIN shows I'm getting on the Otello tomorrow arriving in NY/NJ on the 6th. I wonder how long it takes from VDC to Buffalo? The next stage for me to be impatient about!
Congrats!! I know your wait has been a long one.

My VIN is still not showing up anywhere. Just sittin at the dock

Old 06-25-2011, 02:28 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
LazyMagnolia, hopefully you're on and the website hasn't been updated. Having access to all this info is maddening. I know the Otello was delayed in Zeebrugge and will be leaving Southampton a day late. I'm driving myself nuts!

Old 06-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
LM, the Countryman updates are slower than the MC ones. I just kinda figured it was because of them being built buy a contractor, Magna Steyr in Austria. It seemed to take a little longer for my info to show up and that was after I was told by 2 ASK MINI reps that they couldn't track it once it was released to the carrier. I dunno...whatever.

Point is...it could still happen and you wouldn't know for a couple of days. My VIN showed up after the ship left Bremerhaven and docked in Southampton.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:36 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
"Loaded on ship". Later than expected but at least it's underway. It's a long trip across the Atlantic doing about 15 mph. LazyMagnolia, I hope you're on the same ship as me.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Awesome news!! Can't wait to see pics of your new Mini!!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:05 AM
camminich
5th Gear
So anyone waiting for a boat to the East Coast think they might get on the Integrity? It leaves Bremer today, and Southhampton on Thursday. It is listed as a B voyage, but I see in the past there have been MINIs on it even when marked as a B.

I am still hopeful for the Manon leaving Bremer on the 2nd, but would be thrilled to see if I did sneak on to this one.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
It seems my CM should be boarding the Manon...or possibly being a stowaway on the Integrity LOL! Either way, we'll probably be shipmates.

Yeah, it's getting pretty boring at the docks. I'm ready to sail!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM
peppermill
2nd Gear
curious. how do you guys find out which ship your mini was/ will be loaded on? Is that info available in the OL updates? So far, between ASK MINI and OL, I've been pretty satisfied about the timeliness and details of the progress reports and very impressed with how fast the whole process has moved along but now that my new MC is sitting at the port "awaiting transport" to the west coast , I'm starting to feel a bit antsy.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
You go here....

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

...and put your VIN in where it says Cargo ID. Mine showed up here before it showed up online in the OL. It then gives you the ship.

Then you can go here....

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml

...enter the ship name and track it's progress. Have fun!!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Originally Posted by karlos
"Loaded on ship". Later than expected but at least it's underway. It's a long trip across the Atlantic doing about 15 mph. LazyMagnolia, I hope you're on the same ship as me.
I so wanted to be on Otello with you, karlos, but alas my VIN is still reporting "record not found" at WW tracking.

It was cool, though - I was watching the AIS when Otello pulled away from the Eastern Docks at Southhampton around 9:10 pm EDT last night with the aid of Svitzer Madeleine.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:53 PM
peppermill
2nd Gear
thanks Justmenmymini,
prolly too soon yet to track her by VIN yet but just judging by shipping dates and ports of call, it's appearing that mine should be coming in on the Toronto.... I feel better now. lol

k

Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 AM
camminich
5th Gear
Ack, LM, I don't see the Manon anymore on the shipping log as a boat that will be docking in Bremer. It looks like the Aniara has replaced it.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:42 AM
HurleyGirly
1st Gear
Hello All! I'm brand new in the MINI world and I don't know if I'm in the right place or not. I ordered my Countryman All4 on April 11 and it was delayed due to the Nav system and parts not available from Japan. OL finally showed "scheduled for production" on June 10 and Ask Mini said it was completed on June 24. Now OL and Ask Mini say it's "awaiting transport." Ask Mini told me it's production week was week 26, so I guess that's the week it finishes? It looks like the next WW ship leaves SouthHampton next week Wednesday, July 6. Does anyone know where the Countryman is made? I've heard Austria, though OL says Oxford.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Welcome to the wait! The CM is made in Zahn, Austria by a contractor, Magna Steyer, in a series of buildings along side Mercedes and Aston Martin's. I think some Puegot's were made there but they may have moved their operation in the last year...or so I read.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:54 AM
camminich
5th Gear
Congratz Hurley! There are a few of us to be CM owners waiting in Bremerhaven (where Countrmans sit waiting for the boat). If you get a chance, you should check out the web cam link on the first page of this post. It has a great view of the ships loading up. With any luck we may be on the same boat home, I know LazyMagnolia and I are both waiting for the same boat. Do you know which port your MINI CM is shipping to?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 AM
HurleyGirly
1st Gear
Thanks to LazyMagnolia for posting the Countryman blog with all that awesome info! Yes, it has been a very long wait of 11 weeks so far. So, yes it looks like I will be in Bremerhaven, boarding the Toronto on the 4th. My baby should arrive in Port Hueneme, CA on July 27.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
camminich
5th Gear
Well no luck so far. In checking out the shipping logs, the last Countrymans that have been loaded out of Bremerhaven was on the 23rd. So either the Inegrity has not yet updated (fingers crossed) or no CMs were on board, but wait I do see one Countryman S on the log.

Oddly enough, I also see some shipping out of Zeebrudge. Maybe that is where CMs head east sail from.

Last edited by camminich; 06-29-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: found a S
Old 06-29-2011, 07:34 PM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Originally Posted by camminich
Well no luck so far. In checking out the shipping logs, the last Countrymans that have been loaded out of Bremerhaven was on the 23rd. So either the Inegrity has not yet updated (fingers crossed) or no CMs were on board, but wait I do see one Countryman S on the log.

Oddly enough, I also see some shipping out of Zeebrudge. Maybe that is where CMs head east sail from.

camminich - where are you looking at shipping logs?

I've convinced myself that my CM will be on the K-Line ship California Highway. It has been at the Bremerhaven dock since 6/28 and is sailing on 7/1. She is due to dock in Brunswick on 7/14. I like that much better than waiting for the Manon to arrive on 7/20.

I'm not sure why I believed that Brunswick was only served by WW.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:12 PM
camminich
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LazyMagnolia
camminich - where are you looking at shipping logs?
I have been, prehaps a little too much. I keep checking the WW logs looking at recent CM shipments. Forgot about the K-Lines, I was wondering what the big red ship was doing in the web-cam. It's too bad you cannot watch the k-line logs.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:43 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Originally Posted by camminich
I have been, prehaps a little too much.
ROFL at the way I worded my question.

I should have asked where are you FINDING those logs. I must add this to my list of places I check 100+ times daily!

Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I have to agree. I'm starving for any info....

So glad I'm not the only one....

Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 AM
camminich
5th Gear
Well... for the WW site you can seach for a partial VIN instead of a complete number. I have found this helps to see what activity is going on, hence the finding of the one ALL4 shipped on the 27th. So try this, search for just the first 6 digits of your VIN this will pull up a lot more info. Might not be useful, but it's nice to see that other people are getting their MINIs .

No luck with KLine of course, all you can do there is stalk the port web cam, which really does not give the big picture as to what is going on. Still I have my PC at home running to update the screen every 5 mins and then cache off the info, that way when I get home I can see the daily activity at the port and look for MINIs. Haven't seen too many though.

On a side note I saw an **** load of Fiats getting loaded the other day.

Quick Reply: Week 24 2011 Support Group