1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 24 2011 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 02:38 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Week 24 2011 Support Group

I ordered a Clubman S on 5/2 and have had multiple delays due to also ordering the NAV. However, just got off the phone with Ask-MINI and was told production began. He couldn't give me a completion date yet but said that it had started. Finally! The Owner's lounge still says on order with no VIN yet so my best guess is it started today. Anyone else expecting a week 24 build?

Old 06-15-2011, 05:23 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
Ask-MINI told me today that my scheduled completion date is 6/22 which means it must have started production yesterday- everything I've read says the build time is 8 days. There's a WW ship leaving Southampton on the 25th, worried it won't make it on . Oh, and the owner's lounge still says on order and no VIN is listed.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:37 PM
chiliTater
1st Gear
For what it's worth, OL is way out of date, ASK-MINI is much better. And the WW website was great (for me) to know when the vehicle was booked for shipping, but even with them the ship (FALSTAFF) was at sea for a day before my mini was listed as "loaded on ship".

Hang in there. It'll arrive (I assume, mine is still half way across - check out the week 23 support group).

Old 06-16-2011, 10:22 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Hi Karlos

My VIN appeared maybe 36-48 hours after my MA told me that My MINI had entered production. It then took another 24 hours for the status to change to "Scheduled for Production" in the OL. My completion date is tomorrow.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:47 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LazyMagnolia
Hi Karlos

My VIN appeared maybe 36-48 hours after my MA told me that My MINI had entered production. It then took another 24 hours for the status to change to "Scheduled for Production" in the OL. My completion date is tomorrow.
I see you're in FL, is your MINI coming in through Brunswick, GA? It's starting to look like I missed the boat that was leaving for Brunswick yesterday. It looks like the next boat is leaving on Monday, we might be on the same ship.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:00 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Yes, my port is Brunswick. It would be so nice to see mine embarking on Monday with yours but I can't be that optimistic. Mine is a Countryman so I think longer transport time by train??

Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
Wow, TrueEddie your wait has been worse than mine. I was getting tired of seeing all these other people who ordered on and had production start in a week or two. I still suspect my MA screwed up somehow but maybe it was just terrible timing. My VIN # and "scheduled for production" showed up in the owner's lounge, two days after it started production. Now that there is a VIN I actually believe it's being built.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:07 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by karlos
Wow, TrueEddie your wait has been worse than mine. I was getting tired of seeing all these other people who ordered on and had production start in a week or two. I still suspect my MA screwed up somehow but maybe it was just terrible timing. My VIN # and "scheduled for production" showed up in the owner's lounge, two days after it started production. Now that there is a VIN I actually believe it's being built.
Yeah it's ridiculous how long I've been waiting. I didn't even get my VIN until May 24th!

Two weeks after I ordered they said that my order was put on hold because of a shortage in the MINI connected hardware. So I upgraded to the MINI connected w/NAV in order to get things moving again. But from what I've been reading there seams to be supply issues with that too. So all that and the fact that I got an auto transmission seems to have added up to a horrendously long wait.

So I know what you mean about being upset about all these other people having production start so quickly.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Help!! I need my support group LOL!!

Now I'm stressing that my CM won't get to Bremerhaven in time to catch the Otello which departs on Wednesday.

My status now is "released to carrier" but that rail trip is not so predictable.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
I'm hoping to make the Otello as well, from Southampton on the 25th, but I'm afraid it won't make it. Mine is supposed to be done on Wednesday. Don't know if that's enough time to make that trip. I think the next one isn't until 7/4.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:48 PM
camminich
5th Gear
Where do you find the different shipping schedules? My MCCM is due to be finished on the 22nd.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 PM
karlos
2nd Gear
http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/
That's for WW line, hit "search by port" and it will show when the ships are scheduled. It's European dating so 7/4/11 will be 4/7/11.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:07 AM
camminich
5th Gear
Ah, very cool. So how do we find out which port the MINI might be coming through? I thought their were only a handful of VDCs.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Camminich, yours will probably be coming through Baltimore like mine. I'm in Cleveland. It was listed on my build sheet.

LazyMagnolia, I also ordered a Countryman. I've found out that once it is signed over to the shipping company, ASK MINI can no longer track it. Any info you get from here on will have to come through your MA.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:18 AM
camminich
5th Gear
Yes it is!! I see that it shows BALPOA, Baltimore Port of Arrival. Thank you very much.

Uh oh, now I am going to start stalking the shipping site. I am already hoping I get on the Integrity leaving the 28th. Do all of the ships listed on WW trasport MINIs (well the ones leaving from the correct ports). Or is it only certain ships? The next one after the Integrity is called the Manon.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Countryman transport

In case you haven't already found these...

Bemerhaven port webcam:
http://www.blg.de/en/blg-logistics/s...am-automobile/

An excellent blog (by a NAMer, I believe) with lots of good info on the Countryman's route:
http://www.countrymanmotoring.com/20...leased-to.html

Old 06-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Thanks LM! I'd seen the blog but not the Bremerhaven cam. So cool to see!!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:17 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
If we don't make the Otello...

the next chance will be the Manon.

I didn't hear back from my MA yesterday so was obsessively researching last night. I figured this out: The 2nd letter in the voyage number signifies Auto or Bulk cargo.

Otello leaves Bremerhaven today. Here's hoping for all of us...

Last edited by LazyMagnolia; 06-22-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Edited for sticky keyboard/spelling
Old 06-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Just found out we're on the Independence II that sailed out of Bremerhaven yesterday...docked in Southampton today. The estimated arrival is 7/1. Sigh...almost there....or here.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:28 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Justmenmymini
Just found out we're on the Independence II that sailed out of Bremerhaven yesterday...docked in Southampton today. The estimated arrival is 7/1. Sigh...almost there....or here.
Congratulations!! 7/1 is not so far away at all.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 AM
karlos
2nd Gear

I didn't hear back from my MA yesterday so was obsessively reearching last night. I figured this out: The 2nd letter in the voyage number signifies Auto or Bulk cargo.

Otello leaves Bremerhaven today. Here's hoping for all of us...
That's very cool to know, I doubt I ever would have figured that out myself. I was in the paint shop yesterday so I should be done today. I can't believe how crazy this is making me, I feel like such a dork . Now I just hope against reason that it makes it onto the Otello.

Last edited by karlos; 06-22-2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 06-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
I know, karlos. I can't believe I'm this excited about a car....never mind. Yes I can. It's a mini.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 AM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Crazy excited....it's making little kids of all of us .

Old 06-22-2011, 11:43 AM
camminich
5th Gear

The 2nd letter in the voyage number signifies Auto or Bulk cargo.
Wow, very good to know. Although now I see a few wtih a F, I wonder if that is frieght?

So LMag, when did your build finish to get sent to Bremer? I see Manon is also my next chance, but my MCCM was finished just today.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:07 PM
LazyMagnolia
1st Gear
Originally Posted by camminich
So LMag, when did your build finish to get sent to Bremer? I see Manon is also my next chance, but my MCCM was finished just today.
Mine was completed on the 17th and ASK-MINI (human) told me that it was signed over to the carrier on the 18th - for the rail trip, I assume. Only today did the OL switch my status to "Awaiting Transport" and my MA emailed that "they haven't released the date" to him yet. WW still shows "No record found" for my VIN but I'm not giving up on the Otello yet.

Oh, the agony!!

Quick Reply: Week 24 2011 Support Group