1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I being unreasonable in the request I made to my MA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:53 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnydisco
Glad you're not going to let them have it like someone suggested. I know from the email responses you got, your MA could've said things a little better. Although, IMHO he wasn't off in what he was trying to convey. You'll need your dealer for services, at worst warranty work. So it's a two way street, play nice like what you want your MA to. But if push comes to shove, well you know what to do

Enjoy the car when you finally get it
I agree with you. He was totally in the right with what he was trying to convey. I only got upset because of the words he used.

But anyways it's done now. I'm back to patiently waiting like it says in my sig . I think my MINI arrives at the Brunswick port tomorrow, can't wait!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:23 PM
acorrea
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having an issue with my MA and order in that when the order was placed, we did not choose to have the "All Season" run flats. My MA added them when he configured the car which was not included on our Buyer's Order. I checked the MC Owner's Lounge and saw that they added the "All Seasons" and when I emailed the MA, this is the response I received:

"I'm sorry for the overlooked detail I made. I tried to fix the tires, but I can no longer modify the car. There is no more I can do to the car."

My response was: "If the error is not ours, how will this be corrected? I'm not satisfied that we are "stuck" with tires we did not request on the buyer's order but were added in the configuration."

His final response was: "There is nothing I can do now to the car. The only option now is to refund your deposit and not take delivery. Please let me know."

I feel they are being unreasonable and I'm not happy with the response I received as it appears they are not willing to correct the error. I've emailed the sales manager and general manager of the dealership 2 days ago with no response as of yet. What are your thoughts?

Old 07-09-2011, 03:01 PM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acorrea
I'm having an issue with my MA and order in that when the order was placed, we did not choose to have the "All Season" run flats. My MA added them when he configured the car which was not included on our Buyer's Order. I checked the MC Owner's Lounge and saw that they added the "All Seasons" and when I emailed the MA, this is the response I received:

"I'm sorry for the overlooked detail I made. I tried to fix the tires, but I can no longer modify the car. There is no more I can do to the car."

My response was: "If the error is not ours, how will this be corrected? I'm not satisfied that we are "stuck" with tires we did not request on the buyer's order but were added in the configuration."

His final response was: "There is nothing I can do now to the car. The only option now is to refund your deposit and not take delivery. Please let me know."

I feel they are being unreasonable and I'm not happy with the response I received as it appears they are not willing to correct the error. I've emailed the sales manager and general manager of the dealership 2 days ago with no response as of yet. What are your thoughts?
If they change your order they will have to pay for 4 new tires, install at the dealer and figure out what to do with the all-seasons. No wonder they are reluctant. But the MA made the mistake so maybe you can work something out eventually.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Wow! That's ridiculous. They should change those tires and eat the cost, it was their fault and they should have to pay for it.

What ever happened to good customer service?

Definitely follow-up with the manager. If they don't answer your emails then you should go in and have a talk with them.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:26 AM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
Definitely follow-up with the manager. If they don't answer your emails then you should go in and have a talk with them.
Definitely make follow-up calls to the managers as the emails are being ignored, lost or mis-directed. Otherwise you will have to go in person.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 AM
acorrea
1st Gear
The problem is that we are purchasing the car out of state to take advantage of the Costco Auto Program which is not offered at our local dealership so I wish I could go in to speak with the managers directly but unfortunately it's not an option. I understand mistake can be make but I find it unreasonable that they don't have a way to rectify this or at least make the attempt. I am very disappointed in the way it is being handled and it's starting to concern me as to how I should expect future service to be handled. I've been waiting a while to finally be able to place my 2012 order and now that we done so, we have this happen and it's putting a negative spin on the process. I hope that we can come to a mutual agreement at least.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:39 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Well all I can say is keep calling, don't give up. And if the manager doesn't take care of it try to get in contact with the corporate owner of the dealership if there is one.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:32 AM
luridone
2nd Gear
Something like tires (as opposed to options that are part of the manufacturing process, like a sunroof or Nav system) are easy to swap out. It may cost the dealer something, but since it's their error, it's their cost (maybe they can take it out of the MA's pay, but that's between the dealer and the MA). Insist that they give you the tires you ordered. Threaten them with a complaint to the state consumer protection agency or AG's office. If they still don't correct their error, file a complaint. A mistake is understandable and forgivable, but refusal to correct it (when it is correctable) is not.