1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered my CMS, saying hello!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 02:26 PM
ryanhaddad
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my CMS, saying hello!

Hello there!

I have been browsing this forum for a while now, and I've even posted a few times, but I never made my introductory post in 1st gear.

I've been driving a '05 Scion tC, and while it's served me well over the past 6 years (even through a hit and run in the front and being rear-ended by a friend in a rental car), it's time to move on to something new. I had always been interested in the MINI, but I really didn't want another 2-door car. A friend of mine owns a classic Mini, and we decided to go test-drive some new ones for fun a few months back. We ended up driving a Clubman and a Countryman, and after that I knew I had found my next car.

Fast forward to today, and I have just ordered my Surf Blue '12 Countryman S from MINI of Plano in Texas, so I'll probably see it sometime in September.

I've been able to make much more informed decisions thanks to the users in this forum, and look forward to learning much more and starting to give back once I become a true MINI owner.

Thanks for reading!

Old 07-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
Congrats and welcome!! You'll be motoring in no time!!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
Hey ryan, I'm new as well and totally agree with you.. this forum has such a wealth of info, it made decision making that much more easy.. Our CM's may be factory buddies, I almost picked surf blue too which is an awesome color