1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member - Happy to join!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:40 PM
ryangschultz
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Member - Happy to join!

Hey everybody,

My name is Ryan and I'm a college student in NY. Just today I put my new 2004 Mini Cooper on the road that I purchased last week in NC. 85K miles, not a hint of rust (which is a treat for us New Yorkers), and only a few minor cosmetic fixes to do.

I am in LOVE. I'm enjoying it so much, it handles tight and it is QUICK. It's my first real nice daily driver. I also have a 1981 528i BMW that I'm slowly working on.

Happy to be here!

Attached Thumbnails New Member - Happy to join!-photo-1.jpg   New Member - Happy to join!-photo-5.jpg   New Member - Happy to join!-img_2782.jpg  
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats,
I think I was 20 when I got my first Mini. Took me 40 year to buy another one I mean another two. 12/10 and 01/11
This is a great place for info and there is really knowledgable Mini folks here. Just always try the search function first and then ask away.

Enjoy the Mini and welome

Old 07-13-2011, 05:07 AM
ryangschultz
2nd Gear
Sounds great, thanks!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 AM
Quadrivium10
3rd Gear
As a fellow MINI and BMW Enthusiast, WELCOME!

You definitely aren't alone being an enthusiast in the best of both worlds

We have:
2006 MCS (see goodies below)
2004 BMW 325 Ci Coupe
2002 BMW 325XiT SportWagon
1994 BMW 325i Sedan

Have fun and hope to see you posting!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:37 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
congrats n welcome

Old 07-13-2011, 08:20 AM
ryangschultz
2nd Gear
Awesome, thanks! Man you have three 3 series? Those are my favorite, I like my 5 series but the smaller cars have always appealed to me. And I love that mini is manufactured by BMW, these really are the best of both worlds.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 AM
*Ghost*
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome Ryan!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:10 AM
ryangschultz
2nd Gear
Thanks Ghost!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Quadrivium10
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ryangschultz
Awesome, thanks! Man you have three 3 series? Those are my favorite, I like my 5 series but the smaller cars have always appealed to me. And I love that mini is manufactured by BMW, these really are the best of both worlds.
Yeah, I'm the same way. Love all of the BMWs but there is just something about the 3 series that just looks aggressive. What until you start "fixing" and "tweaking" things on the MINI. It's a whole new addiction.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 AM
ryangschultz
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Quadrivium10
Yeah, I'm the same way. Love all of the BMWs but there is just something about the 3 series that just looks aggressive. What until you start "fixing" and "tweaking" things on the MINI. It's a whole new addiction.
You're absolutely right about the 3 series. And yes, it is so far haha. I really shouldn't put too much into it though because I have college to pay off. And because it's not a sport, I feel like it can only get do fast you know?

I figure some ignition tweaks and a cold air intake. Any other cheap performance suggestions?

Old 07-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Quadrivium10
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ryangschultz
You're absolutely right about the 3 series. And yes, it is so far haha. I really shouldn't put too much into it though because I have college to pay off. And because it's not a sport, I feel like it can only get do fast you know?

I figure some ignition tweaks and a cold air intake. Any other cheap performance suggestions?

Actually, I haven't done any tweaks to the engine and such. I'm waiting until after mine and my fiance's wedding to get the JCW Performance Tuning Package from MINI for the MCS. Both of us stick to "OEM Plus" modifications to our cars. I'm all about the subtle cosmetic changes and have some major "umph" to back it up. At least with the JCW Performance Tuning Package I don't have to worry about any aftermarket related issues down the road....and I know I'll be able to smoke a ton of people at stoplights and wherever else.

Cheap performance modifications...hmmm....off the top of my head I would say...1) cold air intake, 2) new wheels (rims and tires) to lessen the weight, 3) probably a good service at a BMW or MINI dealer to just get her running smooth

Old 07-14-2011, 11:27 AM
ryangschultz
2nd Gear
Ah I see, man that must be a pricey package, but I bet a ton of fun. And random street races are the best haha. And I'll have to look into rims for the future, but i think the stock ones I have are pretty light, like 13 lbs apiece or something. I didn't think you could get much lighter than that. But I am going to do a tune up soon, plugs, oil, etc.

Thanks for the info! I'm sure I'll always be looking for cool things to do to my mini.