1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car ready before MSO is available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:52 AM
karlos
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car ready before MSO is available?

Has this happened to anyone else? My car is at the dealer, dealer installed accessories are done but I can't take delivery because the MSO hasn't arrived. What the hell? How is it that the car can cross the Atlantic, be offloaded a huge ship, get through the VDC and all they do there, travel by truck 350+ miles and beat a piece of paper by days? The car arrived at the dealer on Saturday, prep and accessories were done on Monday, my MA called to set up a time for pick-up on Tuesday but I could not rearrange my work schedule so set it up for Wednesday. The sales manager called me yesterday, before I left for a two hour roundtrip, at least, to tell me they can't give it to me with plates until that arrives. I remember when buying a car was fun. This whole process has been so half-assed that I don't know that I'll bother ever again. I asked him when it's is coming and he didn't know. FedEX, UPS and DHL all have tracking systems in place. Do they use the mail? In 2011? I'm sure in a week it will be all wine and roses and I'll love the car but right now I'm so disgusted with MINI and their inefficiencies of this whole process that I can't see straight. Just venting, my only recourse would be to refuse delivery and get something else. I have thought of that but would be little satisfaction for me. With it's options it's about 5K more than anything on their lot, I think they would have trouble moving it. I'm just frustrated as hell and took an afternoon off of work for nothing and I still don't know when I can pick the stupid thing up.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
So sorry to hear of your troubles, karlos.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know your pain!

My car has been sitting at the VDC in final processing (meaning waiting to be driven to my dealer) for a week and a half. All that time my MA said he didn't know why my car was there. My thought was why doesn't he make an effort to find out by making some phone calls!

Eventually I had to get in touch with a supervisor at the dealership to get any answers. Unfortunately for them I already complained to MINI corporate, so they will probably be hearing something about it soon.

But...today I'm supposed to pick up my car, I'm sure like you said, it will be all wine and roses from there.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 AM
klricks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The MSO is kinda like a title. I am guessing that MINI is looking for the original MSO before they go and just generate a new one. It could be that MSO from 2 cars got swapped and they are sending papers back and forth between your dealer and some other dealer?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 AM
NinerfanWI
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I used to work at a dealership, and it wasn't uncommon, especially at model year changeover, for an MSO to arrive 7-14 days after the vehicle. they were commonly shipped with blank window stickers, too. It had to do with pricing. They couldn't generate an MSO until the pricing was finalized. If you're waiting on a 2012, that could be the reason.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Justmenmymini
3rd Gear
It's a 2011. 2012's aren't being delivered yet.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 PM
hsautocrosser
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
When people in a business tell you they don't know something you need to know ask them who does.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
klricks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the OP. I got to wondering about what you said:...... "they can't give it to me with plates until that (MSO) arrives.".........
Does this mean that you can't get the car at all? I think with every car I have ever bought, I got a temp tag and the plates where mailed to me some number of weeks later. I don't understand why that is an issue if you can get the car with temp tags?