1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012's Stuck at the VDC

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012's Stuck at the VDC

Hey, just got this message from my dealership.

Pete,

Low stress!! I’m not sure if Mike told you, but we are being told the 2012’s are being held at the port until early August. It is not EPA related. I will keep you informed as we know more. That’s all we know at the moment. I know you want it yesterday, but as I mentioned before there could be delays. Your car is the 1st 2012 as you know! Thanks!

-Kevin
Sounds like I got on the "too early" boat.

Anyone else with me on this?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:33 PM
kernlbob
1st Gear
Huh. Ours 2011 MCS is supposed to arrive at Port Hueneme tomorrow. I believe our dealer had one more build slot for a 2011 MCS hardtop after ours.

So if it's any consolation, you're still ahead of the whole western half of the country on getting your 2012.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Hehe, thanks kernlbob.

Yeah, actually, I realize that I'm slightly ahead of the game. The funny story. I ordered a 2011 R55 S on June 2nd with the MINI Connect + Nav. Apparently there was a hold on the navigation, because of the whole Japan thing.

So, I get a call on the 13th of June from my MA that said, "Well.. here's the thing, the NAV is on back order. If you really want it, MINI is forcing us to build this as a 2012 car. But we don't know when it will be built, and we don't know how long it'll take to schedule the production." Difference, $100. So I was like "Ooooh ... Alright!" Cause, honestly, I really wanted to Connect + Nav. I had made the decision that I would not sacrifice any option that I wanted ton the vehicle (which was an impressive list, took two order sheets to complete) just so I could get it here faster.

Anyways, yeah... so I end up getting the batch number on the 15th of June, it started produciton on the 26th of June, and ended on the 30th. The fact it was that quick, made me and the MA think that things would go ok. Then the MA Manager said that we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves, it might get held up at the Port since it's so early in the year for the next year model.

Then OL set the expectation of a delivery date of July 22nd, and I got all happy dance, and called my MA and they said, "Yeah, we're looking good for the 26th!" (my birthday).

Then I get this email today. Oh well... I'll wait. People here keep saying the wait is worth it. I hope they're right!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:36 PM
kernlbob
1st Gear
We ordered on June 4th. Actually, we talked to the MA on the 4th (Saturday) and the MA placed the order on Monday the 6th. We also got Connected+Nav, and it had just become orderable on Friday, 6/3 (according to the MA).

We'll see who actually gets their car first. Not that it matters...

And happy birthday!

Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 PM
BeachyPat
Neutral
Wow, this "Support Group" is a great idea. I think my friends are tired of my pointing out the MINI S convertibles - let alone to see one in ice blue with black top!! I'm two weeks into the wait. Any suggestions for getting through this troubling time?

Old 09-18-2011, 08:44 PM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kernlbob
Huh. Ours 2011 MCS is supposed to arrive at Port Hueneme tomorrow. I believe our dealer had one more build slot for a 2011 MCS hardtop after ours.

So if it's any consolation, you're still ahead of the whole western half of the country on getting your 2012.
I guess our MINI's were traveling partners on the Virgo Leader . I looked online yesterday and saw that the ship departed yesterday from Port Hueneme. Now it's just a short wait (fingers crossed) before our 2012 Countryman ALL4 arrives here in WA .

Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 PM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BeachyPat
Wow, this "Support Group" is a great idea. I think my friends are tired of my pointing out the MINI S convertibles - let alone to see one in ice blue with black top!! I'm two weeks into the wait. Any suggestions for getting through this troubling time?
Maybe someone else on the forums can give both of us some advice . I have been waiting since July and it has been crazy! Best of luck and medicate yourself by reading the threads here at NAM .