1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 PM
minimartin
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bakesonaplane
All of this talk of people getting ready to pick up their MINI's is making me jealous...

Is anyone else on here still at least 3-4 weeks away from picking theirs up like I am?...geeze

Mine was finished on 8/23 and is still sitting at the Port waiting for a ride to Brunswick. Given the travel time I think mine will take at least 3 weeks after it finds a ride. I've checked on the WW site and "No Record Found" for my Vin yet.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you Wilde Maus.
After going through this 3 times one would think I would be used to it.

NOPE

Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone be patient!! If you have a CM and it was delivered to the port on or about 8/23 it should be on the ship (possibly the Otello) 8/31. Check back on that date.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 PM
chops
2nd Gear
Hi everyone. Due to our new addition to the family, we need just a bit more room. So we are trading in our '09 PW/B MCS and just ordered a Clubman S. Midnight Black~Hampton. Order placed on 8/22/11, Scheduled for Production on 8/24/11, and standing.......We will really miss our R56, but are excited for the R55.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:46 AM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by nddst
My car just left port today (Elektra). It makes a pit stop in Canada before heading south the NY/NJ.

Cannot wait!
Welcome aboard nddst! I was loaded onto the Elektra at Bremerhaven.. 9 more days til we get off at NY!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
The "Toscana" is still anchored at the Southampton docks. Supposed to leave today. Come on already.

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/

Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 AM
PatM
6th Gear
Just heard from my MA. The Coupes have been moved to a week 36 build. So looks like the first or second week of September. In other words a long, long time. (Especially to the West Coast.)

I listed my current MCS for sale today. I'm going to see if I can sell it myself. You can see it in my gallery.

So good luck to those who have cars on boats. Your almost home!!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Joe Shmoo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
Everyone be patient!! If you have a CM and it was delivered to the port on or about 8/23 it should be on the ship (possibly the Otello) 8/31. Check back on that date.

i hope you are right. status on my CS has been "awaiting transport" for about a week now!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:41 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
So was mine until this afternoon. You might want to enter your vin into this link.

Section 4 – Transport and Delivery

At this junction in the process, ASK-MINI will be unable to give you any information beyond confirming the Final QA has been completed. Your own detective work and maybe some helpful hints from your MA are all you have to rely on at this point. Typically it takes about 36 hours for your MINI to arrive at the Southampton docks once you’ve passed Final QA. This is of course entirely dependent upon the freight train schedules which are out of anyone’s control.

Both BMWs and MINIs are carried over together to the US on “Roll-On, Roll-Off” shipping carriers. This means that your baby has been built and is healthy enough to get itself onto the ship. MINIs are shipped through two different carriers, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WW) and K-Line America of KLTL Total Logistics (K-Line). American Roll-On Roll-Off Carrier (ARC) has a shipping partnership with WW so some of their ships may in fact be used for transport. WW integrates ARC ships into their system, so I will treat them as one entity during the rest of this discussion. While both carriers service a variety of ports in the United States, they typically stop at the same routine ports of call. Where you live will determine to which port your MINI is shipped.

It is now time to go back to Section 1 where we referenced your “Port Loc.” on your Vehicle Inquiry Report. This information will tell you which port your MINI will be shipped to before it is placed on a truck and delivered to your dealer. The Ports of Call for MINI deliveries and their shipping companies are:
-Halifax, Nova Scotia (Port Loc = ?) : WW, ~6 days for transport
-New York City, NY (Port Loc = NYCPOA) : WW, ~8 days for transport (truly based in Jersey City, NJ)
-Charleston, SC (Port Loc = CHSPOA) : WW and K-Line, ~15 days on WW, ~13 days on K-Line
-Brunswick, GA (Port Loc = SSIPOA) : WW, ~17 days for transport (thanks to Bandit for the Loc Code!)
-Manzanillo, a.k.a. Panama Canal (Point of reference only) : WW, ~13 days
-Port Hueneme, CA (Port Loc = PHMPOA): WW, ~21 days for transport (thanks krim)
-Baltimore, MD (Port Loc = ?) : ~12 days on WW

The process for tracking your MINI as it cruises over to the US differs between WW and K-Line. WW provides a healthy amount of information about the vehicles booked aboard its ships and their scheduled departure/arrivals. Unfortunately, tracking your MINI through K-Line is next to impossible without your MAs help. Once your MINI is loaded onto a ship, your MA should have the ability to tell you what the ship’s name is and when it will get into port. Whether or not your MA can actually provide you with this information varies greatly among MAs.

WW provides a great website for you to check to see whether your MINI is booked aboard WW (or ARC) ships. You will need to start at the WW Cargo Tracking website: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/. The page will allow you to enter your VIN (which you can obtain from the OL) in the Cargo ID field. If your MINI has been booked aboard a ship, your VIN will bring up a “Cargo Status History” and present you with a wide set of information related to your MINI’s cruise. You will find the status of your MINI as it progressed through the four stages of shipment – Booking, Reception at Terminal, Loaded on Vessel, and Discharged – at the bottom of the page. It is IMPORTANT to remember that WW is a European company, so dates on the WW site are listed in the European format of DD/MM/YYYY. Another incredibly helpful section is the schedule page which is accessible by clicking on your Voyage ID information. This will tell you the expected arrival and departure information for the various ports of your voyage.

For those of you who are not yet booked on a ship or are on the informationless K-Line boats, you still have some hope. You can pull up the shipping schedules for both WW and K-Line off of their websites to determine the next boats leaving Southampton and try to guess which boat you’ll be on. Again, for K-Line customers, your MA is the only one who will be able to confirm you are on one of these vessels. The links to the schedules are as follows:
-WW Cargo: (Give it a minute to generate…) http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...pe=generatePDF
-K-Line Cargo: This is a pretty complicated schedule, your main focus is the North American Shuttle Service at the top of the schedule. http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.pdf

Once you have determined what ship you are going to be loaded onto, you can use the AIS Live site (http://www.ais-live.co.uk/AIS%20Live...uthampton.html) to track your ship as it comes and goes from the Southampton Port! After you are loaded onto a ship, you are at the mercy of the sea while you await your MINI delivery. You can however follow your ship through the Atlantic (until Halifax, NS or the Panama Canal whichever is first) using a very helpful website SAILWX (http://www.sailwx.info/). On SAILWX select “Ship Tracker” at the top of the page and then “Find specific ship by name or callsign”. The last entry on the page will allow you to enter the name of your ship. Once you find your ship, you will be shown the latest information for your ship’s position at sea and any other ships in the area. See the Links section for tracking information for ships at NYC, Charleston and other US ports.

When your MINI has been discharged from the ship, it will be taken to a BMW Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) and run through a final quality check. At this point only your MA will be able to provide you with timetable information for delivery. MAs should receive delivery information once your MINI arrives at port, but as with all MA activities, the availability of this information varies greatly. The activities at the VDC can take as little as 48 hours to over a week if your poor MINI was damaged in some way during transport. Once it has been released from the VDC, your MINI is loaded on a truck with its BMW brethren and sent to your dealer. The time required for trucking will clearly depend on your distance from the port.
At this point the process, you’re probably dying to have your MINI, call your MA and work with them to make the final arrangements. Congratulations on your order and don’t forget to wave once you are driving down the road with a perpetual grin!

Old 08-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
The "Toscana" just left Southampton. Will hopefully get to Manzanillo on Sept. 12.

Have a save journey. No hurricanes please.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Joe Shmoo
1st Gear
thanks for the link mrluckypa. awesome! entered my vin and she's on the boat! woopie!!

Status Status Location Date
(DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM:SS) Status Quantity

LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 30-08-2011 12:10:00 1 RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 24-08-2011 15:39:00 1 BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 24-08-2011 15:37:00 1

wilde maus, agree. no hurricanes please. just hurri-up.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:07 PM
bakesonaplane
2nd Gear
just curious...anyone else's MINI expected to come into the port at Baltimore? Just in general, no specific time frame. I just know most of the MINI's that are coming in for the east coast/midwest come in to NY/NJ port, but mine is scheduled to come into Baltimore

Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Joe Shmoo
wilde maus, agree. no hurricanes please. just hurri-up.
@Joe Shmoo. Is yours getting off at Port Hueneme as well?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:20 PM
PatM
6th Gear
Back in 2009 when we bought our cars both of them came in via Port H. in California. From the time the ship landed to the cars arriving here in Tacoma, Wa. was only about 5 days. I was shocked at how quickly they were unloaded put on a truck and boom at the dealership. Inside a 55 ft truck stacked on top of one another. Pretty cool actually watching the car being unloaded.

I would assume things go about the same way. Not sure why it would be that different. The truck that delivered my car had Mini's and BMW's in it.

Pat

Old 08-30-2011, 04:36 PM
LaurenMini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bakesonaplane
just curious...anyone else's MINI expected to come into the port at Baltimore? Just in general, no specific time frame. I just know most of the MINI's that are coming in for the east coast/midwest come in to NY/NJ port, but mine is scheduled to come into Baltimore
Mickey is coming in on the Tugela to Baltimore. But I'm in northern VA anyway. I don't know the usual port for Minis headed to Ohio?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PatM
Back in 2009 when we bought our cars both of them came in via Port H. in California. From the time the ship landed to the cars arriving here in Tacoma, Wa. was only about 5 days. I was shocked at how quickly they were unloaded put on a truck and boom at the dealership. Inside a 55 ft truck stacked on top of one another. Pretty cool actually watching the car being unloaded.

I would assume things go about the same way. Not sure why it would be that different. The truck that delivered my car had Mini's and BMW's in it.

Pat
Thanks Pat. That's good to know.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Wilde Maus
2nd Gear
This is the ship my baby is on. It's sooo big.

Attached Thumbnails "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-showphoto.jpeg  
Old 08-30-2011, 07:01 PM
OKCdancer
3rd Gear
Guess I'll join up with the waiting support group...

Aug 13 ordered at dealer. Aug 30 received a production number.

I have been told that it will be 1-2 wks before I will know the scheduled build date. I'll be patient, I hope. My wife and I have a 2008 convertible justacooper and are now eagerly waiting the arrival of our 2012 MCS convertible with lots of options. It's cool that it is being made exactly how we chose to equip it. A first for us.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:04 PM
OKCdancer
3rd Gear
and mrluckypa, that was a fine bit of info! Thank you for your shipping post!!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
OKCdancer, I too ordered mine around the 18th, and got my production number yesterday. I am guessing Aug was all filled up, and they just started September's orders.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM
OKCdancer
3rd Gear
My dealer told me no convertibles were built in August. And I would probably get mine into production within 2 weeks.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Bubble and Squeak
4th Gear
I can see that. I cabrio is what I ordered.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:09 AM
minimartin
1st Gear
In Transit

ASKMINI went from "At the Port" since 8/25 to "In Transit" this morning. Does this mean I'm on a ship? Can't figure out which one it would be as I don't show up on WW schedule.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:21 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Give it time. Info doesn't get entered into ships system until ship is in port and vehicle is loaded on the ship. The Otello is due into Southhampton on Sept 3rd.Expect it to appear then. My CM sat in port from the 22 through yesterday before it was entered into the system and is now on the Otello.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
You should check K-Line as well: http://www.kline.com/
Check "Schedules > RoRo Car Carrier > K-Line Atlantic RoRo Schedules (excel)" to see if your time frame matches any of those ships. There are only a few K-Line ships that go to the East Coast.
Let me know if you need any other help!
Jon

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group