1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery

Originally Posted by froto13
i was on the talisman (getting dropped of at baltimore) and the OL said my estimated delivery date was 3/28 as of saturday. i checked again sunday and it said 3/25 (that day!??!). but as of yesterday my MA said that he still hadn't seen my car. although at MINI of STL your car has to go through the BMW service department for a final quality check because they dont have a service department at the MINI dealership. I was hoping for a pick up date of tomorrow, but it doesnt look like that is happening (im also getting window tint done at the dealer). however, a lot of other people aboard the talisman are scheduling pick ups between tomorrow and saturday. so barring any major additions to your car that are done at the VDC or your car getting bullied and beat up on the ship it should be on its way!
Thats good news. It seems like every time I email my salesman he just always tells me he has no info. Not sure if he just doesn't care or not. I live in Ohio where is your mini arriving at? It just seems like I know more about where my car is then he does. Love the window tint. I'm also getting that done to and the rear bonnet stripes put on. I'm dying to get my car already! This is killing me!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Also was wondering how you know of your car has been put on a truck for delivery? And about how long it usually takes for the truck to get to Ohio?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Qball1963
2nd Gear
Just got off the phone with ASKMINI and they not only said that is scheduled for production, but they said that it has started the first step in production. So I guess i am also status 150!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Saleen326
2nd Gear
My car is almost ready for pickup. Talked to the dealer yesterday and they said I should be able to pick it up no later than Friday. This week cannot go fast enough.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:47 PM
sorensilk
2nd Gear
Ordered my Coupe exactly a month ago 2/27. My build was complete 3/17. Probably going to be another 3-4 weeks. Pretty much right on schedule so far so I can't complain.

I'm doing my best to be patient but it's quite difficult. Haha, and just like that I think my Coupe may have a name...(Veruca)

Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
i was on the talisman (getting dropped of at baltimore) and the OL said my estimated delivery date was 3/28 as of saturday. i checked again sunday and it said 3/25 (that day!??!). but as of yesterday my MA said that he still hadn't seen my car. although at MINI of STL your car has to go through the BMW service department for a final quality check because they dont have a service department at the MINI dealership. I was hoping for a pick up date of tomorrow, but it doesnt look like that is happening (im also getting window tint done at the dealer). however, a lot of other people aboard the talisman are scheduling pick ups between tomorrow and saturday. so barring any major additions to your car that are done at the VDC or your car getting bullied and beat up on the ship it should be on its way!
Oh wow - so the TALISMAN got to port THREE days early?! That gives me a speck of hope the TOSCANA will do the same. It's been 5 days since it left port for Baltimore - and I can't imagine it would take another 5 to reach it (10 days from Europe to Baltimore?) I guess it's possible though.....

Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As the days roll by...still no MINI in my garage!

My MINI is 99% finished at MINI of STL, but stuck waiting for the latest / correct / working JCW tuning kit software.

The bad news is: it's stuck there at least one more day waiting for this updated code.

The good news was: I was allowed a conjugal visit today, and got to take some photos. Wallace the service tech walked us back and there was my MINI!

Ice Blue / White / Polar Beige with checkerboard in place...that's it!

I fished and several folks helped me find photos of the MINI Yours leather dash option...it does look great, that's English Oak paired with it and the oak is dark enough to look great together with the Polar Beige.

They've finished almost all of the underhood work...just that ID plaque for the engine cover, once they get the date recorded. And the gol-darned software loaded!

Several had commented about what nice exhaust tips they supply in the JCW kit, and I'd agree. Much more "stout" than the stockers, and look really great!

So all-in-all, about as uplifting a visit as I could have hoped for, short of taking it home. It's so close to being ready, looks great, and I'm happy with how all my ordering choices turned out.

It needs to go for a LONG drive with me!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:04 PM
sorensilk
2nd Gear
Congrats, LJ. That dash really does look great!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
froto13
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by beauxgoris
Oh wow - so the TALISMAN got to port THREE days early?! That gives me a speck of hope the TOSCANA will do the same. It's been 5 days since it left port for Baltimore - and I can't imagine it would take another 5 to reach it (10 days from Europe to Baltimore?) I guess it's possible though.....

Sorry to disappoint but the talisman arrived right on schedule. I don't really remember when it left but it was around 8 days? That it took to get from southhampton to Baltimore

@ljmattox congrats hopefully everything goes quick!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
Sorry to disappoint but the talisman arrived right on schedule. I don't really remember when it left but it was around 8 days? That it took to get from southhampton to Baltimore

@ljmattox congrats hopefully everything goes quick!!!
Oh rats. Well thanks for the update. I guess I'll hope for it to just be on schedule then. This last week feels like the longest!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 PM
wry_martini
1st Gear
Owners Lounge finally updated to show my correct vehicle specs this evening, after nearly 2.5 weeks. Woohoo, finally! I have a VIN!!!

ASK-MINI's automated system says I don't have a production date yet, though. Meant to call and speak to a live person today but that was before I got stuck at work with a tight deadline. Hopefully I can call tomorrow and find out some better news; seems like both the Owners Lounge and the automated ASK MINI system are a bit behind.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
I just checked the OL, my Estimated Delivery Date was moved to yesterday, which seems odd to me...

Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ljmattox
My MINI is 99% finished at MINI of STL, but stuck waiting for the latest / correct / working JCW tuning kit software.

The bad news is: it's stuck there at least one more day waiting for this updated code.

The good news was: I was allowed a conjugal visit today, and got to take some photos. Wallace the service tech walked us back and there was my MINI!

It needs to go for a LONG drive with me!
Absolutely gorgeous!!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 AM
NotPortlyNJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Raska
Thanks! Will do! How's Vickie doing?
Doing great. Had a few topless driving days over the past week, not bad for late March in NJ! Just over 300 miles on her so far...

Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NotPortlyNJ
Doing great. Had a few topless driving days over the past week, not bad for late March in NJ! Just over 300 miles on her so far...
Very nice! Did you take any pics of it yet?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Brittiu
1st Gear
How do you guys know if your Mini has been put on a truck for delivery?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Esd

I just checked the OL, my Estimated Delivery Date was moved to yesterday, which seems odd to me...
How did you get a estimate delivery date?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Brittiu
How do you guys know if your Mini has been put on a truck for delivery?
All my MA told me was that she was told it would get to the dealer today (even though OL now says yesterday), and I made an appointment to get it Friday morning. I'm not sure how she knew what day or when, etc.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Brittiu
1st Gear
All my MA told me was that she was told it would get to the dealer today (even though OL now says yesterday), and I made an appointment to get it Friday morning. I'm not sure how she knew what day or when, etc.
You think the OL is up to date? I feel its a bit behind. I called the ask mini and talked to someone and they said its hasn't made it to the states yet. Yet I called my dealer and he said it was at the port of Baltimore. What ship was your mini on? How far is your mini getting delivery? This is now driving me crazy!!!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
You think the OL is up to date? I feel its a bit behind. I called the ask mini and talked to someone and they said its hasn't made it to the states yet. Yet I called my dealer and he said it was at the port of Baltimore. What ship was your mini on? How far is your mini getting delivery? This is now driving me crazy!!!
Weird. She just called me, they did get it yesterday so OL is spot on. I'm getting it tomorrow!!! I was on the Don Juan.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Weird. She just called me, they did get it yesterday so OL is spot on. I'm getting it tomorrow!!! I was on the Don Juan.
Awesome for you, I'm a bit jealous your getting your Mini so fast. I ordered my Mini 2/3. Production 2/16, In Route 3/1,4 Arrived in Baltimore 3/22. As far I know its still at the VDC.

*2012 Mini Countryman S All4 /Light White

Old 03-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Awesome for you, I'm a bit jealous your getting your Mini so fast. I ordered my Mini 2/3. Production 2/16, In Route 3/1,4 Arrived in Baltimore 3/22. As far I know its still at the VDC.

Take my experience as the exception to the rule. From what I understand I'm receiving my mini superhumanly fast.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:26 PM
liveSTRONG
3rd Gear

That is crazy! We have the exact same MINI on the exact same ship! Where are you located? I'm in Minnesota.

According to ASKMINI it is still at the port overseas, OL says it is at the VDC, my MA has me set up for Friday to take delivery. I don't know if it is already at the dealer or not.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:52 PM
staynedglass
2nd Gear
finally Salazar is at the dealership. I'm thinking(hoping) i'll get to pick him up tomorrow.

my MA sent me this pic

Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Originally Posted by liveSTRONG
That is crazy! We have the exact same MINI on the exact same ship! Where are you located? I'm in Minnesota.

According to ASKMINI it is still at the port overseas, OL says it is at the VDC, my MA has me set up for Friday to take delivery. I don't know if it is already at the dealer or not.
Awesome! I live in Ohio, I just hope its being delivered already. I hate not knowing!!! This is my 1st Mini, Its seriously my dream car!!

Mini CMS All4, Tech Package, Premium Package, Cold weather package, Dual panoramic sunroof, Mini connect w/navi, Anthracite headliner, 2 part center rail, Chrome line exterior, Black headlight housing, black bonnet stripes.(rear bonnet stripes getting put on at the dealer)

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group