1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012 | 04:55 PM
MMM
2nd Gear
Picked up my new MC this afternoon and really love it so far. It's just all around a much better car (in my opinion) than my 2006 MC. I really loved that car, so that's saying a lot. Love the feel of a bit more power. Great engine sounds, but much less road noise. The bluetooth connection is awesome. Unfortunately, today is the first day in weeks that it has rained, so I don't have any great photos.

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-042.jpg

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group-043.jpg

Old 04-21-2012 | 05:15 PM
Johnna
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Qball1963
Ok, who's Countryman has been at the dock for at least 2 weeks. Mine has been there since April 5 and it is still not on a boat. At least not a WW boat. I am beside myself with anticipation, and frustration!
Cheer up! If eenunez1 is correct, your Countryman (and ours) should have been loaded on the Topeka and it's on it's way to Southampton. From what I can tell, the Topeka is now in Belgium.

Old 04-21-2012 | 05:21 PM
Schtuffy
2nd Gear
Congrats MMM !

Old 04-21-2012 | 06:59 PM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MMM
Picked up my new MC this afternoon and really love it so far. It's just all around a much better car (in my opinion) than my 2006 MC. I really loved that car, so that's saying a lot. Love the feel of a bit more power. Great engine sounds, but much less road noise. The bluetooth connection is awesome. Unfortunately, today is the first day in weeks that it has rained, so I don't have any great photos.

Attachment 59942

Attachment 59943
Nice MMM! And yeah, the weather isn't cooperating is it.

Old 04-21-2012 | 10:26 PM
beasleyboy
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MMM

Attachment 59943
Wait, are they still sticking us with the ugly black plastic scuttles?! When the British Pound went down the drain, I scrambled as fast as I could and bought some Black Jack scuttles. They cost me a fortune to get shipped but even after factoring in the exchange, they were, oddly $20 cheaper than buying from a MINI accessories site in the States! I had to move FAST as my fellow Americans (and Canadians!) got the same idea and were cleaning out the supplies like a starving cat in a swimming pool of milk! Forgot what it was worth but I believe the exchange was somewhere around $1.34-1.40 US to the Pound, which feels like nothing compared to when I took a vacation in London about six years ago. At the time, the exchange was a heart-wrenching $1.99 to the Pound!! Can you imagine paying $110 for a taxi ride to your hotel? I did. NEVER again! Will remember to use the stupid bus next time!

Old 04-22-2012 | 05:40 AM
Schtuffy
2nd Gear
Obsessively called ASK-MINI again this morning and apparently their phone system is down for upgrade. Maybe that accounts for some of the funky responses?

Also, has anyone else had missing options on the OL Factory Ordered Options box? I'm not talking about the initial completely wrong info when they switch a previous specced car to your order. Everything is correct, except I'm missing the Bluetooth/iPod option. The vehicle inquiry report the MA sent has everything listed correctly, so I'm hoping the OL is just being unreliable.

Old 04-22-2012 | 07:18 AM
Teabert
1st Gear
finally picked her up on Thursday, and have been thoroughly enjoying every minute of driving it. I find myself making excuses to run to the grocery store - stocking up on corn starch and things like that.

To those still waiting - it's completely worth it.

So, here she is on delivery day:

Cheers,
Mark

Old 04-22-2012 | 07:53 AM
astronomax
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Johnna
Cheer up! If eenunez1 is correct, your Countryman (and ours) should have been loaded on the Topeka and it's on it's way to Southampton. From what I can tell, the Topeka is now in Belgium.
I have to side with Qball on this one... I don't think our cars have been loaded on... VIN not showing up in cargo ID and my MA (not sure about you, still, Qball) said my countryman is still sitting there....next ship out is Asian Vision on May 5th... which will be the one month anniversary of our cars sitting on the docks....

Old 04-22-2012 | 08:22 AM
MMM
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by beasleyboy
Wait, are they still sticking us with the ugly black plastic scuttles?!
I guess the answer is yes if you have a justa. The scuttles are matte black around the edges, with shinier gray/black on the inside bits. I think they look okay, but of course it's a matter of opinion.

In other news, I did discover kind of a weird gap towards the back of my driver's side window. It doesn't leak (at least based on my drive home in moderate rain), but it looks funny and doesn't match the passenger door. I kind of thought something looked funny at pickup, and should have investigated further then. I am hopeful the window just needs to be adjusted. I'll see if the dealer can take a look this week sometime.

Old 04-23-2012 | 06:34 AM
Schtuffy
2nd Gear
Looks good Teabert! I'm liking those wheels.

So I called ASK-MINI again, and they said the car was in production, but the lady couldn't tell me at what stage, or when the predicted completion date was. At least it is being made... I think. You get any updated info powerbook?

Old 04-23-2012 | 06:51 AM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Schtuffy
Looks good Teabert! I'm liking those wheels.

So I called ASK-MINI again, and they said the car was in production, but the lady couldn't tell me at what stage, or when the predicted completion date was. At least it is being made... I think. You get any updated info powerbook?

More than likely your car has been "scheduled for production" rather than IN production. Once it actually enters production it goes to the body shop and they will be able to tell you that. Until then though, it's pretty much a waiting game. Mine "went" into production on 3/30 but actually didn't get into production until 4/9, finished 4/12. All in good time. Just keep thinking how much it's worth it!

Old 04-23-2012 | 07:44 AM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Teabert
finally picked her up on Thursday, and have been thoroughly enjoying every minute of driving it. I find myself making excuses to run to the grocery store - stocking up on corn starch and things like that.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark
Hope you have our seat belt on, your gonna fall out!

Old 04-23-2012 | 07:46 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Febmoon1
Got my 2012 JCW yesterday! Just gotta let everyone know the smile hasn't left my face. oh and I can't sleep so I gotta go drive him!
For me, this is like being pregnant, just without the mood swings and weight gain

Old 04-23-2012 | 07:48 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TBangin23
More than likely your car has been "scheduled for production" rather than IN production. Once it actually enters production it goes to the body shop and they will be able to tell you that. Until then though, it's pretty much a waiting game. Mine "went" into production on 3/30 but actually didn't get into production until 4/9, finished 4/12. All in good time. Just keep thinking how much it's worth it!
holy cow! they finished your car in three days????????? wow! that's awesome!

Old 04-23-2012 | 07:49 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Teabert

Cheers,
Mark
WOW that car is sweet! I love how no two MINI's are alike

Old 04-23-2012 | 08:16 AM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
holy cow! they finished your car in three days????????? wow! that's awesome!

Yup. Pretty insane. Body shop the first day. Paint shop the next. Assembly on the final day. Shipped to Southampton that day too. Then caught a boat on the 15th, just three days after completion. I was extremely lucky!

Although I was told the time that it's "Scheduled for Production" (mine would have been 3/30-4/8 they're actually gathering everything for you car so it can be done in just a few days. Anyone confirm that?

Old 04-23-2012 | 08:27 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
WOW that car is sweet! I love how no two MINI's are alike
Ha! The pic is showing up upside down on my iPad, but regular on my PC. That's one wild ride!!

Old 04-23-2012 | 08:27 AM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TBangin23
Yup. Pretty insane. Body shop the first day. Paint shop the next. Assembly on the final day. Shipped to Southampton that day too. Then caught a boat on the 15th, just three days after completion. I was extremely lucky!

Although I was told the time that it's "Scheduled for Production" (mine would have been 3/30-4/8 they're actually gathering everything for you car so it can be done in just a few days. Anyone confirm that?
two more days for you until your delivery! i bet you can't sleep! lol

Old 04-23-2012 | 09:07 AM
eddyjoe
2nd Gear
Schtuffy, I just got off the phone with ASKMINI and the automated response was that it's scheduled for production with no completion date. Greatly disappointed, I spoke to a CSR and they told me the car was in the body shop!!! Huge relief!! You should call, too, and find out exactly what the deal is. Word on the street is that the next ship over here leaves on the 30th. I'm not too familiar with all the ship routes just yet. Hopefully both of us get on it.

Originally Posted by Schtuffy
Obsessively called ASK-MINI again this morning and apparently their phone system is down for upgrade. Maybe that accounts for some of the funky responses?

Also, has anyone else had missing options on the OL Factory Ordered Options box? I'm not talking about the initial completely wrong info when they switch a previous specced car to your order. Everything is correct, except I'm missing the Bluetooth/iPod option. The vehicle inquiry report the MA sent has everything listed correctly, so I'm hoping the OL is just being unreliable.

Old 04-23-2012 | 09:22 AM
Sams57
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Qball1963
Ok, who's Countryman has been at the dock for at least 2 weeks. Mine has been there since April 5 and it is still not on a boat. At least not a WW boat. I am beside myself with anticipation, and frustration!
Mine has been there since April 19 (if I choose to believe that the phone system is messed up, and he's not really back waiting to get on a train like it's telling me now)
Crazy.

Old 04-23-2012 | 12:57 PM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DrewN
Ha! The pic is showing up upside down on my iPad, but regular on my PC. That's one wild ride!!
+1

Old 04-23-2012 | 03:00 PM
Johnna
5th Gear
Originally Posted by astronomax
I have to side with Qball on this one... I don't think our cars have been loaded on... VIN not showing up in cargo ID and my MA (not sure about you, still, Qball) said my countryman is still sitting there....next ship out is Asian Vision on May 5th... which will be the one month anniversary of our cars sitting on the docks....
Could it be that cars are loaded on ships based on final destination? Mine will be heading for southern California enroute to Denver. Where will yours be going?

Old 04-23-2012 | 03:36 PM
TBangin23
4th Gear
two more days for you until your delivery! i bet you can't sleep! lol
I'm so excited! Ship just left Nova Scotia around 16:30 today. The ship will be coming into NY/NJ the 25th anywhere from 01:00-09:00. The excitement isn't crazy at the moment because I still have exactly two weeks till I actually get to pick him up. May 7th is our day. (Long story. )

Old 04-23-2012 | 03:39 PM
Teabert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MY4thMINI
+1
That's really weird that the photo is sometimes upside down. I took the photo with my iPhone, sent it to my computer, uploaded it to NAM (where it appeared upside down), rotated it and saved it. Seems okay here, but when I view the thread on the iPhone, the photo is upside down.

Thanks for the positive comments! I'm loving this Mini so much!

Cheers,
Mark

Old 04-23-2012 | 05:08 PM
astronomax
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Johnna
Could it be that cars are loaded on ships based on final destination? Mine will be heading for southern California enroute to Denver. Where will yours be going?
Mine is coming to Los Angeles...just found out mine is on the Topeka though.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group