1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Johnna
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by astronomax
Mine is coming to Los Angeles...just found out mine is on the Topeka though.
Well that's a tad better than sitting at the dock! Topeka will be pulling into Southampton soon.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:53 PM
hadley
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my Cooper S Clubman on March 19. I ordered it without mini-connect, and have since researched this feature and feel this was a mistake. I tried to add the feature, but was told it was too late to do so. I am thinking about asking dealer to find me a car already built with the all the features I want, or to allow me to build another one. What do you think is the possibility of this happening, and is the mini-connect as important as I think it is?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
noreen99
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hooray peanut is @ dealer. Might be ready for pick up Thursday.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by noreen99
Hooray peanut is @ dealer. Might be ready for pick up Thursday.
Awesome

Old 04-23-2012, 07:22 PM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hadley
I ordered my Cooper S Clubman on March 19. I ordered it without mini-connect, and have since researched this feature and feel this was a mistake. I tried to add the feature, but was told it was too late to do so. I am thinking about asking dealer to find me a car already built with the all the features I want, or to allow me to build another one. What do you think is the possibility of this happening, and is the mini-connect as important as I think it is?

I don't know if I'd hold my breath on that... Never hurts to ask though! You'll probably lose your deposit, and have to put down another one if you order another new car.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
hadley
Neutral
mini connect

Did u order the mini-connect on your car?

Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Did u order the mini-connect on your car?

I did not. I loved how it was set up also, just couldn't justify spending the extra money on it when I don't think I'd use it that much. Plus, I was told that NAV systems and such built into cars didn't keep their value so it was like basically tossing away $2000-$2750. Just couldn't justify that. Personal opinion though. Everyone's got them.

In your situation. I wouldn't settle for anything less than what you want. You'll always regret it if you don't try to do something about it.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
eenunez1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by astronomax
Mine is coming to Los Angeles...just found out mine is on the Topeka though.
Great news for you! Similar build dates as yours, but mine is still being reported on the docks awaiting ship assignment; many VIN combinations do show pop up using the track and trace search... I know that there's nothing that can be done to expedite ship loading but this is getting outright ridiculous.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Ken Yankee
1st Gear
On the Topeka as well. My vin popped up this am on the WW site. Now it's the wait until it arrives on shore 5/15.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 PM
hadley
Neutral
mini connect

Originally Posted by TBangin23
I did not. I loved how it was set up also, just couldn't justify spending the extra money on it when I don't think I'd use it that much. Plus, I was told that NAV systems and such built into cars didn't keep their value so it was like basically tossing away $2000-$2750. Just couldn't justify that. Personal opinion though. Everyone's got them.

In your situation. I wouldn't settle for anything less than what you want. You'll always regret it if you don't try to do something about it.
Thanks for your response. I just cant figure out if it would be a big deficit if I accept the order without the mini-connect. And cant figure out what the ipod/bluetooth adapatars offer as oppossed to the mini-connect.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 PM
noreen99
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WinstonAllegheneyIII
For me, this is like being pregnant, just without the mood swings and weight gain
really cause i got the mood swings lol

Old 04-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Qball1963
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Johnna
Could it be that cars are loaded on ships based on final destination? Mine will be heading for southern California enroute to Denver. Where will yours be going?
Mine is coming to Seattle!

Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 AM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Thanks for your response. I just cant figure out if it would be a big deficit if I accept the order without the mini-connect. And cant figure out what the ipod/bluetooth adapatars offer as oppossed to the mini-connect.

Would you be spending the $2750 for the Connect with NAV or just getting the connect? If you're just looking into simply the connect without NAV, my personal opinion would be to just accept the car if you've got the Bluetooth/iPod adaptor installed.

Yes, the MINI Connect is sweet, but I think personally it's quite useless if it doesn't have the NAV. Then, it goes back to how having built in NAV units can be such a pain in the rear.

Like I said before, these are just my opinion. Plus, you'll be driving you're MINI too much to notice not having the system and I feel as though those things take away from the car. I say keep your build. If you really can't be without it, see about building another. Or just wait a few years and get it in your next!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Johnna
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Qball1963
Mine is coming to Seattle!
Nice! Maybe California is a stop along the way to Seattle. Fingers crossed for you.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:50 AM
eenunez1
3rd Gear
Woohoo!!! Just checked again, Sargent is in fact on Topeka

I entered the last 7 of the VIN and voila...

Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 AM
MMM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are always tradeoffs. I wanted a car with fogs and auto headlines/rain sensor, but I took one without those options and with a few I originally did not want in order to get a faster delivery. Still had to wait three weeks, but better than ordering from scratch. Over time, I think I won't be upset and will just live with it. I love the car a lot as is.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 AM
hadley
Neutral
Thanks for your response. Your advice seems sound. Thanks, Hadley

Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by noreen99
really cause i got the mood swings lol
lol

Old 04-24-2012, 12:49 PM
sgrundw
2nd Gear
The fun finally begins!!

I put down my deposit for a Roadster S on March 19th. At the time the MA said that he had a car to build, which it turns out he didn't. Then, as I followed up with him, he said that worst case scenario--I'd get the car in the first week of May. Weeks pass and the expected production date of the car never seems to arrive. The MA finally gave me the production the week before last, saying that the car would be pulled for production any day now. Well days turned to weeks--and finally, production started yesterday (5 weeks to the day after giving my deposit) with completion expected 5/1. I can finally see some dim light from the end of the tunnel. I look forward to that light getting brighter as time passes.

Steven

MCS Roadster MB, Prem, Tech, Connected w/Nav

Old 04-24-2012, 12:52 PM
WinstonAllegheneyIII
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sgrundw
I put down my deposit for a Roadster S on March 19th. At the time the MA said that he had a car to build, which it turns out he didn't. Then, as I followed up with him, he said that worst case scenario--I'd get the car in the first week of May. Weeks pass and the expected production date of the car never seems to arrive. The MA finally gave me the production the week before last, saying that the car would be pulled for production any day now. Well days turned to weeks--and finally, production started yesterday (5 weeks to the day after giving my deposit) with completion expected 5/1. I can finally see some dim light from the end of the tunnel. I look forward to that light getting brighter as time passes.

Steven

I understand your frustration, however, your car is finally being built. Now is the time to sit back and relax and enjoy that process. The time will go by fast and in no time you will be sitting behind the wheel of your new baby. I have to wait until June/July for mine but it'll be well worth the wait

Old 04-24-2012, 07:58 PM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Thanks for your response. Your advice seems sound. Thanks, Hadley
You're quite welcome. Good luck on the build!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 PM
TBangin23
4th Gear
I haven't posted much, well about MY MINIs process. As of now the Don Juan is pulling into NY/NJ port getting ready to drop off my MINI to be come a US citizen. So stoked that he's finally here! Just 13 of so days till I get to pick him up from the dealer. Pick up date is the 7th! Wooo!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:46 PM
noreen99
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sgrundw

Steven

it seems a lot of us waiting on roadsters took longer than hoped.

i was originally told mid april delivery and my car just made it to dealer yesterday.

praying for delivery thursday...

just keep thinking how great it will be in the summer sun!

Old 04-25-2012, 03:52 PM
DrewN
6th Gear
Hi everyone, I took delivery of my Clubman today. My apologies in advance for the horrible angles, I was so tired by the time I was done taking delivery and driving her home I had enough gas in my tank for just a few snapshots.

If you ever wondered what a stripped down MINI looks like, well here you go :

Not bad, actually. The anthracite headliner really helps out, unifies the dark interior:

And these 17s will be replacing the stock holies in a couple of weeks. 15s will be relegated to winter use:

I'm beat from the day, but man this never gets old. I hope everyone has the same great delivery day I had!

Last edited by DrewN; 04-25-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
eddyjoe
2nd Gear
CONGRATS on the new car! enjoy it, buddy! looks great counting down the days until i get mine!

Originally Posted by DrewN
Hi everyone, I took delivery of my Clubman today. My apologies in advance for the horrible angles, I was so tired by the time I was done taking delivery and driving her home I had enough gas in my tank for just a few snapshots.

If you ever wondered what a stripped down MINI looks like, well here you go :

Not bad, actually. The anthracite headliner really helps out, unifies the dark interior:

And these 17s will be replacing the stock holies in a couple of weeks. 15s will be relegated to winter use:

I'm beat from the day, but man this never gets old. I hope everyone has the same great delivery day I had!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group